Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:12:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why does the government hate bitcoin?  (Read 2802 times)
monkeyking03

Activity: 316
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 06:35:22 PM

They hate it because its decentralize and cannot control it..its not like a bank thatis a centralize that they can control.
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Jocuserious

Activity: 1935
Merit: 290

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2018, 06:43:28 PM

Because they're did not contorl Bitcoin and not get any fees hope this is the main reason for the avoid Bitcoin (crypto) world.but larger (developments) countries government understand Bitcoin and quickly getting accepted in bitcoin.i have believe in Bitcoin it will cross over the world and every country will going to accept.
Sirait

Activity: 1890
Merit: 101

1xBit 🏆 │ NotYourKeys.org

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2018, 06:58:02 PM

because they haven't learned Bitcoin and it's still a new technology, they cannot have control of Bitcoin and they are very afraid money laundering, terrorist funding or fraud investments growing rapidly if Bitcoin remains. I think this has been discussed several times  Cheesy

joshv06

Activity: 991
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 07:11:55 PM

because they haven't learned Bitcoin and it's still a new technology, they cannot have control of Bitcoin and they are very afraid money laundering, terrorist funding or fraud investments growing rapidly if Bitcoin remains. I think this has been discussed several times  Cheesy

Yes this topic has been discussed many times and terrorist funding and fraud investment are just a lame excuse which is given by government as there were terrorist attack before the emergence of bitcoin and the real l\reason why they hate bitcoin is because they cannot control the money and they will lose the money which is under their control.

D A I L Y -  C R Y P T O  -  G I V E W A Y S
▬▬ ●●     Your source for daily free giveaways !    ●● ▬▬
DISCORD    -    TWITTER    -    WEBSITE
cxmyifan16

Activity: 377

The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 07:45:36 PM

I don't think that the government really hates crypto but the relationships are not easy. I think that it is better to invest in btc now until the price rises because soon it will become higher

Dark Sky

Activity: 420

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 08:10:12 PM

Yes i also think that government are afraid from bitcoin and they doesn't want to accept this currency but actually bitcoin is a most beneficial currency for everyone and that's why government should improve this currency for their citizen because everyone wants some extra income in their life and that's why bitcoin can make everything possible. 

abound

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 11:13:09 PM

Bitcoin decentralised nature is one of the biggest reasons behind this topic.

Many government doesn't wants something in their country in which they have no control.

According to some countries bitcoin affects their country economy by its volatile nature.

And also affects the country economy by affect their bank profits and national currency.

Bitcoin user does not pay tax and this thing also affects an country economy.
ronnis.gomes

Activity: 518
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 11:41:12 PM

Governments do not like bitcoin because it is a democratic and decentralized source of investment and that they cannot control
ratatat bangbang

Activity: 308

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 12:53:11 AM

I don't have exact reason why government hate bitcoin. I think the term hate is  not the right term to use. Maybe there are part that government dont like. Its up to us what to know about it.
idontcare

Activity: 363

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 01:03:15 AM

I think the government just does not like it, not because it is a bit of a business investment that is not government-run and they are afraid of investing for their people.

S t a r t F i     ▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▄     SELL YOUR CONTENT, START YOUR LIFE     ▀▄  ▀▄▄▄▄▄     S t a r t F i
|    WEBSITE   | WHITEPAPER |   TL GROUP   | TL CHANNEL |    TWITTER    |    MEDIUM    |
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬  Powered by BOUNTY DETECTIVE  ▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
MTNAX

Activity: 283

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 01:46:20 AM

The government does not like bitcoin probably because the reason bitcoin cannot be controlled so they are afraid that bitcoin will disrupt their country's economy in the future, therefore they choose to ban using bitcoin so there is no unwanted risk.
Crafts12

Activity: 405
Merit: 105

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 09:55:17 AM

maybe the government doesn't understand bitcoin, as in my country it's still not permitted / banned on bicoin, but many have played bitcoin in my country, except in some parts the government doesn't know what bitcoin is, and I'm sure sooner or later they will know what it's bitcoin. and immediately permitted

I oppose. I believe governments know what cryptocurrency is particularly the bitcoin because in that institutions there are economist, IT professionals, consultants, and so on that might be aware to its existence. They just not infavor to it maybe because they don't have faith in it. Also, it can be use as a tool to scam others and the transaction hereis so easy and you can go unknown (as what most people here say).

velive08

Activity: 815
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 10:01:38 AM

the government seems unable to sympathize with bitcoin, only a few countries have given a positive signal to bitcoin. At present the government in some countries is still silent and tends not to sympathize with bitcoin because they are worried that bitcoin will damage money in the country. so I think that is the main factor the government has not been able to sympathize with bitcoin and still hates to this day.

▀█████▄▀██▄▀█▄          H   E   L   E   N   A          ▀▄▀             501,652% APY             ▄█▀▄██▀▄█████▀
▄                    |          TWITTER          |        TELEGRAM        |          DISCORD          |                    ▄
▄        The Best in Space Auto-Compounding DeFi 3.0 Protocol on BSC        ▄
stayeduptolate

Activity: 980
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 10:10:32 AM

Federal governments have reason to be against bitcoin and decentralization. Digital gold would prevent governments from magically printing money while digging the debt hole. Their actions and transactions will also be transparent thanks to blockchain technology, and they're not always honest. News platforms will be decentralized, decode hidden agendas..Often involving bad propaganda from governments.

Also the most important point is tax evasion as we aren't able to identify the transactions and who is sending or receiving the money and also the risk of money laundering is pretty high as the transactions are pseudo anonymous. So the governments hate bitcoin because of this reason and that's why they hate bitcoin and are ready to do anything to stop it.
rjsmith
Copper Member

Activity: 364

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 10:24:27 AM

Government hate bitcoin mainly because its decentralize and they can not control it.but i really believe that bitcoin it will cross over the world every country.it will no longer be hated.
airdnasxela

Activity: 728
Merit: 254

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 10:39:36 AM

For what I believe, there are many loopholes to what you have mentioned. First of all, United States is a country that do not hate bitcoin, it rather supports it because they know what bitcoin can do to a country's economy. For me, bitcoin is not something a government will be feared. They can actually cooperate with it like what other countries are actually doing. The last part that you have me I there are many ways for someone not for his cryptocurrencies to he started. Banks also should not feared digital coins as like what I have said that they can actually coexist .
Dextract

Activity: 63

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 10:41:41 AM

Because they cant squeeze any taxes on their incomes which is made through Bitcoin and also mainly cause people do illegal stuffs through bitcoin
Evil eye

Activity: 210

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 10:46:49 AM

Yes it is true that the governments of some countries hate Bitcoin but not all countries. Most of the countries are currently using bitcoin in different ways. There are some reasons for the countries which are prohibiting Bitcoin. Bitcoin is used in some criminal activities. And this transaction can not be identified. So using Bitcoin, the country's money is more likely to be trafficked in another country. For some of these reasons, some countries have banned Bitcoin.
ngano ba

Activity: 280

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 11:15:13 AM

The government will hate this bitcoin technology because cryptocurrency is decentralized and circulate in the digital world ,independently , and government have no power over it , even if it is used in the country , tbe government can not demand taxes on cryptos for they do not have hold of it , that is why government does not like bitcoin for it .
PlusOne88

Activity: 420

“Tackling Climate Change Using Blockchain”

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 11:19:10 AM

Even if it money is gold backed or silver backed it doesn't matter anyway. Even if it is not backed by the two and just backed by banks it still doesn't matter as much. The reason why the Government would like to control the value of money is for economic stability. The government just cannot lie about what they hold and say that they have lots of money in their position and that they could back up the any amount of fiat currency. Printing a lot of paper money backed by nothilot of US Dollar, wants to buy something from the US like medicine, food, etc and use it to buy their products, could they gain from it? I certainly think not! So what I am trying to emphasize now is that the creation of paper money is controlled and it does not go out of US without something backing it and without consideration of their economic status. Otherwise there resources will be gone with paper money or fiat currency back on their position without having to receive any better benefit from it. Bitcoin is almost similar to the fiat currency you have describe. It is a useless piece of code not unless their is a real usage for it. And what is backing it is fiat currency. So if we say it will replace for example the US dollar is quite impossible for now because as I have said their is so much to control about fiat currency for economic stability that is why governments are tracking bitcoin trading. It is not because they hate it but because it is need for stability. It does not and will not make a country rich. It only makes them unstable. Stability over the prices of dollar for example, is very crucial to the economic status of the United States. Be it not backed by gold or not, it is always a concern by their government to hold or limit the transfer of money going in or out. Should they print more money in paper, how will they sustain transactions with other countries doing exchanges with their money?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: