Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 12:54:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: cryptocurrency vs civic/complementary currency  (Read 196 times)
amaltea (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 12:39:35 PM

Which are the advanteges of cryptocurrency compared to complementary/civic currency?
BTC
There is a growing interest recently on locally used complementary currency such as Sardex in Italy and even if I see the point of crypto about transparency, no link with FIAT world, the fact that owners are the people and not some central entity which controls everything & the excellent technological support, I just want to stimulate discussion. What do you think?
Cajor

Activity: 26

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 03:27:00 AM

Well, stardex is just the electrical fiat coin, kinda like the copy of bitcoin. But it isn't anything like crypto. Stardex is interest free, but you still need to push while transacting or exchanging. But bitcoin doesn't need any of these. Bitcoin is decentralised, tax free and global.
Shiloh Richard

Activity: 15

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 04:48:55 AM

Over the last couple of years,the term cryptocurrency has been rapidly gaining ground and understanding of its use and value in the public eye. There aren't usually transaction fees for cryptocurrency exchanges because the miners are compensated by the network.
Connor Guzman

Activity: 22

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 04:58:56 AM

Civic currency does not need background and personal information verification checks every time for a protocol to be initiated. And also civic offers its users with protection from identity theft by monitoring external threats in real time.
Gloverwrt

Activity: 126
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 05:39:48 AM

There is very little similarities between cryptocurrency and complementary currency, besides the fact that they are both alternatives to fiat currency.
Complementary currencies are issued locally in exchange for fiat or some other commodity even trash like the Bus Token issued in Curitiba, Brazil to encourage locals to clean up the city. And the tokens where accepted and used to pay for bus rides.

Complementary currencies are operated locally,  while bitcoin is borderless and not tied to any locality or country.
ChadHuerta

Activity: 28

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 10:55:33 AM

A comparison between cryptocurrency and the civic/complementary currency is bound to happen. However, what advantages crypto has over civic is serious and intriguing question. Waiting for someone to come up with the answer.
kwakgyimah

Activity: 98
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 10:44:47 PM

The world is changing and this is really the future of all currencies. I believe cryptocurrencies such as bitcoin is the future of the world and its finances, I think civic/complementary currency has similar uses except that most cryptocurrencies are mostly used in trading.
b3llsf1l3s

Activity: 616
Merit: 12

Send&Receive Money Instantly, w/ no hidden costs

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2018, 11:47:59 PM

Which are the advanteges of cryptocurrency compared to complementary/civic currency?
BTC
There is a growing interest recently on locally used complementary currency such as Sardex in Italy and even if I see the point of crypto about transparency, no link with FIAT world, the fact that owners are the people and not some central entity which controls everything & the excellent technological support, I just want to stimulate discussion. What do you think?

actually the benefits here depend on how we judge, in my own opinion. the advantage of crypto is when we can use it for trading or buy coins during the ICO stage and get the profit, that's all the way to profit profitably. if we hope that the use is easy, this is still ambiguous, because the adoption of crypto is still very little, especially if you don't live in a third world country which is most of them supports crypto already.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: