Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 09:10:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][HLM] HELIUM - Decentralized Services Digital Networks - GOVERNANCE LIVE  (Read 25948 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
margana

Activity: 153
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 29, 2018, 05:16:45 AM

Where are these support channels found that are referenced in the masternode setup guide?

"Helium community on Discord: TBA (#help for technical support)"?  "#masternodes and we will help you fix it."  Where does one find the "Helium community on Discord"?  Is #masternodes also on discord?

These instructions are not working for me: https://www.heliumlabs.org/v1.0/docs/masternode-setup-guide

The 'masternode outputs' command yields only this:

"11:23:01 [
]"

It seems to me however that if you open the transaction tabs on the GUI wallet v0.15.2 right click the transaction, click "transaction details" you get the same information that would be expected from 'masternode outputs' in the debug console, plus more.  It outputs a popup with the following details:

Date: 28/10/18 13:02
To: <address generated in the first steps of the guide> (own address, label: <masternode alias>)
Credit: 1010.99123055 HLM
Net amount: +1010.99123055 HLM
Transaction ID: <txid>
Output index: 0

Isn't the transaction ID the same as the ""txhash":" we're expecting to see from 'masternode outputs' in the debug console?  If not, how do I get it, since the debug console command doens't work?  Isn't "Output index:" the same as "outputidx:" expected to be returned by 'masternode outputs'?  If not how do I get it?

I took the Transaction ID and Output index and substituted them for the txhash and outputidx I cannot retrieve and followed the rest of the instructions. Everything worked fine until the last step.  I cannot start the masternode.  I get an error that says:

Alias: <my alias>
Failed to start masternode.
Error: Could not allocate txin <Transaction ID retrieved from transactions tab>:0 for masternode <masternodeip>:9009

What should I do to resolve this or where can I get help?

This transactions is absolutley fully confirmed and the first tab of the wallet shows:

Combined balance
Available: 0.00 HLM
Total: 1010.99 HLM

HLM Balance (100.00%)
Available: 0.00 HLM
Locked: 1010.99 HLM
Total: 1010.99 HLM

Recent transactions shows the 1010.99xx transaction that was sent to the masternode address created in the first steps of the guide.

I can't find any way to resolve this.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
akaltcoins

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 29, 2018, 07:10:47 AM

To: <address generated in the first steps of the guide> (own address, label: <masternode alias>)

This makes it look like you sent more than the 1000 required HLM.  For a masternode you must send exactly 1000 HLM, not more, not less.  I'd recommend that you create a new masternode alias and send exactly 1000 to the new address.  Then check your masternode outputs again and you should see the transaction ID.

To your other question, there's usually a lot of very helpful people hanging around the support and masternode channels on Slack who would help you get it going.
Pon13

Activity: 670
Merit: 130

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2018, 07:39:09 AM
Last edit: November 01, 2018, 08:00:17 AM by Pon13

I've corrected the Controller/Masternode(s) on the same machine, Windows OS guide and put all information in one place.
@Teela you might wanna correct the one in the website as well so it does not have any strange issues like the command "bind" which works only in unix-like OSs.

Anyway, i hope it will be helpful.

Configuration of Controller Wallet/Masternode Wallet on the same machine in Windows OS

Prerequisites:

Helium Wallet running on your local computer with 1000 HLM for each masternode (amount of HLM needed for a masternode)
    Static IP Address with open ports for masternodes
    The machine has to be powered on 24/7

Installation of Master Wallet
1-Download from https://github.com/heliumchain/helium/releases and install/setup Wallet(Master) to default location or where you want it to be.
2-Start it and let it fully sync
3-Send your coins there (from exchange or import them to your Master Wallet). You will need to have 1000 coins plus fee for each MN you want to run.

Preparing Helium Masternodes

1 – Choose the place where you will hold you masternodes directories (you need some freespace for every masternode)
2 – Create folder “HLMMN1” there
3 – Copy file “helium-qt.exe” in folder “HLMMN1”
4 – Create in folder “HLMMN1” new folder “data”
5 – Copy file “blocks”, “chainstate”, "sporks", "zerocoin" in created folder “data”. In simple words just copy the blockchain data folders (not the wallet.dat or other files from root directory) from your master wallet to your MN data folder). Master Wallet's default data location is in User/Appdata/Roaming/Helium
6 – Rename “helium-qt.exe” to the “Heliummn1.exe”
7 – Open “Command Prompt” and type following Command:
Code:
 echo start Heliummn1.exe -datadir=./data > %homepath%/Desktop/startmn1.cmd
8 – Move file “startmn1.cmd” from Desktop to the “HLMMN1” folder
9 – Repeat the process from step 2 for each masternode you want to created, with
changing mn1 to mn2, mn3
10 – Run startmn1.cmd, startmn2.cmd and startmn3.cmd, wait for complete loading
wallets and complete syncing with blockchain
11 – Now you can exit from each running masternode wallets

Prepare Helium Controller Wallet

1 – Open your main/controller wallet where you have your HLM
2 – Go to Receive tab
3 – Press button “New address” and enter “Masternode 1” in Label (do not check “Stealth address”)
4 – Send exactly 1000 HLM to this address
5 – Wait for 1 confirmation of transaction and go to the Debug console
6 – Run command “masternode genkey” and write down generated key (this is your
masternode private key)
7 – Run command “masternode outputs” and write down hexnumbers (this is your
masternode tx) and digit after “:” (this is tx index)
8 – Go to User\AppData\Roaming\Helium and edit the masternode.conf or Click Tools then Open Masternode Configuration File and put your MN settings
For example
Code:
MN1
31.14.135.27:9009
892WPpkqbr7sr6Si4fdsfssjjapuFzAXwETCrpPJubnrmU6aKzh
8ba8caae2670bb38d43fb609e31a337d4d7b4fd4544f93b8cc3b8b3426409

where

Code:
-The name (masternode_alias) you gave your masternode
-The IP and port of the VPS
-The masternodeprivkey from step 1
-The first value from masternode outputs
-The second value from masternode outputs

Thus <masternode_alias> <masternodepublicIP:port> <masternodeprivkey> <txhash> <outputidx>

Additionally, open helium.conf which is in the same folder and put
Code:
rpcuser=long random username
rpcpassword=longer random password
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
rpcport=xxxx (a port number different from MN port and MN rpcport) --> for example rpcport=2222
listen=0
server=1 --> this line is not mandatory
daemon=1 --> this line is not mandatory
logtimestamps=1 --> this line is not mandatory
maxconnections=256 --> this line is not mandatory

Configuring Helium Masternodes

1 – Go to “HLMMN1/data” folder
2 – Open ” helium.conf” in Notepad
3 – Add following Lines in there:

Code:
rpcuser=long random username
rpcpassword=long random password
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
rpcport=2223
listen=1
server=1
daemon=1
logtimestamps=1
maxconnections=256
masternode=1
externalip=Your_PUBLIC_IP
masternodeaddr=Your_PUBLIC_IP:9009
masternodeprivkey=YOUR_MN_PRIV_KEY

Replace PORT with port for your Masternode 1, IP:PORT with your external ip and the same port for you Masternode 1
Replace PRIVKEY with masternode private key you generated with “masternode genkey” in controller wallet for Masternode 1

4 – Save it and repeat process for Masternode 2 and Masternode 3.

Start Helium Masternodes

1 – Now you can start all your masternodes with “startmn1.cmd”, “startmn2.cmd” and “startmn3.cmd”
2 – Go to controller wallet, check that your coins in Masternode 1, 2 and 3 addresses have at least 15 confirmations.
3 – Go to Masternodes tab and switch to the “My Masternodes”
4 – Press “Start All”

Your masternode(s) will be started now.
After some time, click update to see if its in the list and working
correctly.
In most cases it takes more than 24 hours to get the first hit.
When you start your MN(s) you can close controller wallet unless you want to stake as well and hence you leave it on.....just leave it on to stake the rewards that your MN(s) are getting to your Controller Wallet.
Pat yourself in the back.  Grin

Appreciation is appreciated --> SRkgkcwVnXcQ1YH1dtgrEhVuhyxvcSxBx6
or send some love or merit or both, who said cost free stuff aren't welcomed.
Peace Kiss Grin

Bill Hicks was right about....everything
gjhiggins
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1278

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2018, 08:04:16 AM

A nice shiny new thread. Hopefully those are real photos of the actual team.
Only mention this as these boards tend to have a lot of OP team pic fakery if you know what I mean.

I think I recognise at least one real photo in the ANN, albeit a decade out of date Smiley I've also interacted online (bitcointalk/slack public posts and PMs) with a number of the listed pseudonyms over a period of several years and I have not detected any of the usual inconsistencies that typically characterise identity fabrications (far from it, actually - they're pretty solid folks I found). Subscribers to this thread might also wish to reflect on the fact that the origins of the Helium project date back a couple of years. That's how long several of the team have been working consistently and persistently to bring Helium from an idea to reality. For what it's worth, I'm in little doubt that they are who they say they are and I'm reasonably certain that's my ugly mug looking levelly back at you.

Cheers

Graham

margana

View Profile
October 29, 2018, 10:47:40 AM

This makes it look like you sent more than the 1000 required HLM.  For a masternode you must send exactly 1000 HLM, not more, not less.  I'd recommend that you create a new masternode alias and send exactly 1000 to the new address.  Then check your masternode outputs again and you should see the transaction ID.

To your other question, there's usually a lot of very helpful people hanging around the support and masternode channels on Slack who would help you get it going.

Where do I access the slack?

Can anyone tell me how I can move exactly 1000 HLM from this address to the new address? 

Isn't that kind of a poor design that it fails if you have MORE than the requirement?

Is there a standard or minimum transaction fee I need to look out for? I think from the exchange it was 0.01.  Is that going to be the same when I move between my own addresses?
sirazimuth
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 3499

born once atheist

View Profile
October 29, 2018, 11:20:47 AM
Last edit: October 29, 2018, 11:08:38 PM by sirazimuth

A nice shiny new thread. Hopefully those are real photos of the actual team.
Only mention this as these boards tend to have a lot of OP team pic fakery if you know what I mean.

I think I recognise at least one real photo in the ANN, albeit a decade out of date Smiley I've also interacted online (bitcointalk/slack public posts and PMs) with a number of the listed pseudonyms over a period of several years and I have not detected any of the usual inconsistencies that typically characterise identity fabrications (far from it, actually - they're pretty solid folks I found). Subscribers to this thread might also wish to reflect on the fact that the origins of the Helium project date back a couple of years. That's how long several of the team have been working consistently and persistently to bring Helium from an idea to reality. For what it's worth, I'm in little doubt that they are who they say they are and I'm reasonably certain that's my ugly mug looking levelly back at you.

Cheers

Graham

To be clear, from my time following the Spread and now Helium threads and all the dedicated folks who have
contributed, I have no doubt the OP pics are the real team. I didn’t mean for my previous post to insinuate otherwise, albeit in
hindsight, it does give the impression that I’m a little suspicious, which is not the case at all.

Bitcoin...the future of all monetary transactions...and always will be
margana

View Profile
October 29, 2018, 01:31:09 PM

I see now that the fee is specified in HLM per KB.  Therefore if I don't know exactly how many bytes my transaction is, I won't be able to calculate exactly 1,000 landing in the new address, not to mention rounding errors.  Are you sure this is true?  Given the way the fees work, this seems like an incredibly bad design.

Can anyone tell me how to find the Helium slack?

The only link I could find is this https://heliumslack.herokuapp.com/ but it generates an application error.
Sergei.Gerasimenko

Activity: 994
Merit: 335

View Profile
October 29, 2018, 02:12:42 PM
Last edit: November 03, 2018, 04:39:28 PM by Sergei.Gerasimenko

If you are planning to start bounty campaign, I can help you with it.  Wink PM if you are interested.
teela (OP)

Activity: 116
Merit: 22

View Profile
October 29, 2018, 05:56:18 PM

I see now that the fee is specified in HLM per KB.  Therefore if I don't know exactly how many bytes my transaction is, I won't be able to calculate exactly 1,000 landing in the new address, not to mention rounding errors.  Are you sure this is true?  Given the way the fees work, this seems like an incredibly bad design.

Can anyone tell me how to find the Helium slack?

The only link I could find is this https://heliumslack.herokuapp.com/ but it generates an application error.

Could be there is an issue with the Slack invite link (I'm getting the same error): you can use this: https://join.slack.com/t/onetrollbox/shared_invite/enQtNDUyMDg5NzM1MzUxLTVlOTk4YTllZGU0ZmFiZWYyMTgxZWQwOGIwZmZmM2YxYjY2ZTk2YzI1MzI0Y2Y0NDdiODBhYTVjMjkzMzFjYjI

No need to calculate the fee, the client will do it for you. If you send 1000 HLM the client will add the fee on top automatically.

margana

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 06:59:52 AM

Could be there is an issue with the Slack invite link (I'm getting the same error): you can use this: https://join.slack.com/t/onetrollbox/shared_invite/enQtNDUyMDg5NzM1MzUxLTVlOTk4YTllZGU0ZmFiZWYyMTgxZWQwOGIwZmZmM2YxYjY2ZTk2YzI1MzI0Y2Y0NDdiODBhYTVjMjkzMzFjYjI

No need to calculate the fee, the client will do it for you. If you send 1000 HLM the client will add the fee on top automatically.

Thanks for the link.  How can I unlock the tokens and make them available to send from the old masternode address to the new one?

Thanks.
Pon13

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2018, 07:05:56 AM

Thanks for the link.  How can I unlock the tokens and make them available to send from the old masternode address to the new one?

Thanks.

You have to enable coin control features. On helium wallet --> Settings --> Options --> Wallet Tab --> Check enable coin control features --> restart wallet.
Then go to Send Tab --> Click on open coin control --> Unlock your coins or do whatever

margana

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 07:31:41 AM

Thanks for the link.  How can I unlock the tokens and make them available to send from the old masternode address to the new one?

Thanks.

You have to enable coin control features. On helium wallet --> Settings --> Options --> Wallet Tab --> Check enable coin control features --> restart wallet.
Then go to Send Tab --> Click on open coin control --> Unlock your coins or do whatever

I don't have any such options in settings, I only have:

Encrypt wallet...
Change passphrase...
BIP38 Tool
MultiSend

There is nothing that says "options" under any of the top level drop down menus.
Pon13

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2018, 07:58:25 AM

Thanks.

Encrypt wallet...
Change passphrase...
BIP38 Tool
MultiSend

There is nothing that says "options" under any of the top level drop down menus.
Wallet version 0.15.2
Please, at least try with eyes open
https://imgur.com/a/jOSs1fU
https://imgur.com/a/Egp3CeP

margana

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 08:20:30 AM

Thanks.

Encrypt wallet...
Change passphrase...
BIP38 Tool
MultiSend

Wallet version 0.15.2

My version 0.15.2 calls this PREFERENCES, at the same time I have a top level menu called "settings" also that does not have those items.

Screen shots best viewed with "eyes open":

https://i.postimg.cc/wBNGG3V2/screen1.png
https://i.postimg.cc/rmLPXcZk/screen2.png

This option was found under preferences -> wallet.
Trucdvt93

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 08:26:46 AM

I agree with you guys. It depends on how cryptocurrency affect the lives of the users. Then the reaction in every events that happen concerning cryptocurrency will be an impact to one's life also. In my case it's also a hobby or sideline, it's very helpful. I am not denying about the income reason but it really shows us the convenience of cryptocurrencytoo. There are lot of possibilities with time.
Pon13

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2018, 08:27:32 AM

Thanks.

Encrypt wallet...
Change passphrase...
BIP38 Tool
MultiSend

Wallet version 0.15.2

My version 0.15.2 calls this PREFERENCES, at the same time I have a top level menu called "settings" also that does not have those items.

Screen shots best viewed with "eyes open":

https://i.postimg.cc/wBNGG3V2/screen1.png
https://i.postimg.cc/rmLPXcZk/screen2.png

This option was found under preferences -> wallet.

wattafak this is MAC. didnt realise anywhere that you were on mcdonalds.
Why you get offended? anyway, my fault for trying i guess. c ya

sirazimuth
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 3499

born once atheist

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 11:49:02 AM
Last edit: October 30, 2018, 03:23:52 PM by sirazimuth

Lol ^
Have to admit,I got a little chuckle outta that exchange...

Anyway, jsyk, will attempt the masternode thing again after few weeks of staking.
Probably a vps issue and couldn’t be bothered to set one up.

Bitcoin...the future of all monetary transactions...and always will be
margana

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 01:00:18 PM

Lol

Anyway, jsyk, will attempt the masternode thing again after few weeks of staking.

I am still confused as to why it should fail if you send a few extra HLM.
RzeroD

Activity: 272
Merit: 107

Paranoid In Chief

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 01:19:34 PM

Lol

What are you trying to do and/or what errors are you having?
sud

Activity: 826
Merit: 301

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 01:29:08 PM

Lol

To get tx output you have to send exact amount in one transaction, otherwise you don't get the result. It's just a way all masternodes work, so you have to follow the guidelines.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: