Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:56:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][HLM] HELIUM - Decentralized Services Digital Networks - GOVERNANCE LIVE  (Read 25948 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
chrysophylax
Legendary

Activity: 2814
Merit: 1091

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2018, 10:14:45 PM

Nice work ...

#crysx

No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
teela (OP)

Activity: 116
Merit: 22

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 03:48:10 PM

Stonehedge posted a small update on the direction of development and the enterprise effort. You can read it here:

https://www.heliumlabs.org/blog/november-16th-mini-update

In other news: @akaltcoins and me have fiddled around with the VPS welcome message for a bit and we've put together a script that will make your Masternode login screen look Awesome. You can find it here:

https://github.com/TeelaBrown/pimpmynode
Mariia_BT

Activity: 686
Merit: 100

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2018, 04:14:03 PM

Lol
Have to admit,I got a little chuckle outta that exchange...

Anyway, jsyk, will attempt the masternode thing again after few weeks of staking.
Probably a vps issue and couldn’t be bothered to set one up.

I am still confused as to why it should fail if you send a few extra HLM.

What are you trying to do and/or what errors are you having?

I was trying to setup a masternode and i sent a few more than 1,000 HLM to the masternode address. It didn't work and generated an error (detailed in my original post).  In fact it does work if you send EXACTLY 1,000, not more and not less. Can understand why it should fail if you put extra collateral but it does.

I'm interested in testing it individually.
I will use your advice, and do it with the benefit.

teela (OP)

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 12:34:58 AM

A heads up regarding the 2017 BTY program:

craslovell [2:29 AM]
@everyone If you participated in our bounty program from 2017 you will be receiving a personal message from me (on Bitcointalk) requiring your Helium address this weekend.  Please reply as soon as possible. I will be making a spreadsheet publicly available at that time as well which will show that you are verified for payout.
Dimosscolorist

Activity: 826
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 07:53:26 PM

@everyone If you participated in our bounty program from 2017 you will be receiving a personal message from me (on Bitcointalk) requiring your Helium address this weekend.  Please reply as soon as possible. I will be making a spreadsheet publicly available at that time as well which will show that you are verified for payout.

Great news. I look forward to this weekend, since I am a participant. Cool
Hope everything will go smoothly.
What will happen to those who do not apply for a reward? The funds will be divided between the confirmed participants, or will it go to the project development fund?
Thanks
teela (OP)

View Profile
November 25, 2018, 01:40:14 PM

What will happen to those who do not apply for a reward? The funds will be divided between the confirmed participants, or will it go to the project development fund?
Thanks

The treasury already sent over the coins for the campaign to craslovell and what will happen to remaining coins, if any, is up to him.
teela (OP)

View Profile
November 28, 2018, 11:17:57 PM

Another update from craslovell:

Code:
craslovell [8:12 PM]
everyone I'm getting messages from some users that they did not receive the Helium Bounty Program message from my on Sunday. I will be sending these PMs out a second time on Bitcointalk tonight. Please let me know if you do not receive one. Thanks!
MoneyJ

Activity: 1022
Merit: 504

GoMeat - Digitalizing Meat Stores - ICO

View Profile
November 29, 2018, 12:40:18 AM

There is some relief from me seeing this project finally progress. Helium was come from a snapshot and I knew this will be a potential for blockchain project . Using DASH consensus and having smart contracts plus side chains.

█████████████████████████████
████▀▀ ▄▄▄ ▀▀████▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀████
███▀ ███████▄ ██ ▄██████▄ ███
███ ████▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████████████
███▄ ███████▀ █▄ ▀██████▀▀███
████▄ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▄████▄ ▀▀▀▀ ▄████
.GoMeat.  300+ STORES ALREADY ONBOARD
 THE FIRST PROJECT OF ITS KIND

ONLY 160K TOKENS REMAINING
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
craslovell
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1021

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2018, 02:22:53 AM

Spreadsheet showing verified users who have contacted me to claim their Helium:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1aXJezuOF4SQpWcGA_GwYRxC7QtoPGd2P9FbfxlLn6U0/

This has also been posted in the bounty thread found here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2104006.msg48310374#msg48310374
craslovell
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1021

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2018, 02:25:56 AM

Thanks

The treasury already sent over the coins for the campaign to craslovell and what will happen to remaining coins, if any, is up to him.

Confirmed, all 1250HLM allocated for the bounty campaign will be distributed to participants who reply regardless of how many do and based on their stake count. I will set a date in the near future as a cut off to claim the reward. As you can see from the spreadsheet we ended up with ~797 users participating in the various campaigns.
MoneyJ

Activity: 1022
Merit: 504

GoMeat - Digitalizing Meat Stores - ICO

View Profile
December 02, 2018, 04:42:09 AM

It is such a FOMO that i had not able to join or participate in bounty promotion of Helium . It has been a long time since the Spreadcoin snapshot that my focus on Helium was great . Potentially good blockchain application, I will always try to drop by on this thread.

████▀▀ ▄▄▄ ▀▀████▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀████
███▀ ███████▄ ██ ▄██████▄ ███
███ ████▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████████████
███▄ ███████▀ █▄ ▀██████▀▀███
████▄ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▄████▄ ▀▀▀▀ ▄████
.GoMeat.  300+ STORES ALREADY ONBOARD
 THE FIRST PROJECT OF ITS KIND

ONLY 160K TOKENS REMAINING
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
H4r4ld

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 03, 2018, 07:20:33 PM

I have a question for you guys.
I am installing the first hlm masternode ever, using the youtube tutorial for vultr.
Using ufw I did close all ports except for my ssh. In the vid its being said that you have to edit the masternode.conf with "alias ip:port" ... and he is using 9009 for the port.
Now, since I did close all the ports in the firewall, the network/wallet won't be able to connect to the masternode through this port, right? Did I miss something or do I have to open that port?!
Also the port for http and https are closed - basically really all the ports except one. How does the network communicate with the masternode? What ports need to be open?

Thanks for your time and help!
akaltcoins

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 03, 2018, 07:23:44 PM

I have a question for you guys.
I am installing the first hlm masternode ever, using the youtube tutorial for vultr.
Using ufw I did close all ports except for my ssh. In the vid its being said that you have to edit the masternode.conf with "alias ip:port" ... and he is using 9009 for the port.
Now, since I did close all the ports in the firewall, the network/wallet won't be able to connect to the masternode through this port, right? Did I miss something or do I have to open that port?!
Also the port for http and https are closed - basically really all the ports except one. How does the network communicate with the masternode? What ports need to be open?

Thanks for your time and help!

It was good of you to notice that, because you're right, the port does need to be opened for the masternode to work.  If you are using AKcryptoGUY's Vultr guide on Youtube then Nodemaster's VPS script will take care of setting up the firewall rules for you.  That's why you don't see it manually opened during the UFW setup step.  After you run the VPS script, you can check it with 'sudo ufw status' and you'll see that the appropriate port has been opened.  There's also a very active community on Discord that can help you if you run into any troubles.
teela (OP)

View Profile
December 04, 2018, 11:09:28 PM

Regarding governance:

Block 126720 is the cut off block for this month's round of governance budget. The cut off block will arrive in a little less than 4 days and any votes should be cast before that time. Any new proposals for this round should be made 1440 blocks before the cut off, at block ~126720 or earlier. Which is in a little less than 3 days.

Since this month's budget is not yet filled (total budget is 15552 HLM) I urge any of you who has a good idea to just wager that 50HLM and put it forward. You can use cryptotron's proposal as an example of what it should look like in terms of presentation: https://heliumcha.in/t/heliumstats-continuous-site-and-discord-bot-development/127

There are precise instructions on how to create and vote on a proposal here:

https://www.heliumlabs.org/docs/how-to-create-a-budget-proposal

https://www.heliumlabs.org/docs/how-to-vote-for-a-budget-proposal

In addition, there is a proposal explorer online at http://www.heliumstats.online/governance/ .If you click the 'vote links' button it will give you exactly what to paste into your wallet console.

Given the aim for decentralisation I personally don't really mind the outcome Smiley. I would just like to remind everyone that you can either vote Yes, No or Abstain. So as long as you open up that console window and cast a vote I am happy.
suhadi88

Activity: 616
Merit: 100

Decentralized Ascending Auctions on Blockchain

View Profile
December 04, 2018, 11:44:47 PM

Spreadsheet showing verified users who have contacted me to claim their Helium:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1aXJezuOF4SQpWcGA_GwYRxC7QtoPGd2P9FbfxlLn6U0/

This has also been posted in the bounty thread found here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2104006.msg48310374#msg48310374

So whether the distribution has been done? This is good news, Helium is a project with good prospects. but the current market conditions are bad, and I didn't know it would be influential on helium or not. I wish the best for this project.

iBid     ▐     Decentralized Auctions on Blockchain    (    About us    Telegram   )
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬             AN  AUCTION    ❱   All auctions start at     $0

[  ◥   Google Play      ◥   App Store  ]   ██ SIGN UP ██        with no minimum reserve
teela (OP)

View Profile
December 05, 2018, 12:00:37 PM

We just nuked the Slack. it will stay online for a bit but is has been rendered more or less unusable. If you have files or messages stored on there I suggest you retrieve them now.

Please join us on Discord: https://discordapp.com/invite/9Evn2zT
Dimosscolorist

Activity: 826
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 05, 2018, 03:13:47 PM

We just nuked the Slack. it will stay online for a bit but is has been rendered more or less unusable. If you have files or messages stored on there I suggest you retrieve them now.

Please join us on Discord: https://discordapp.com/invite/9Evn2zT
I think discord is a great alternative. Gladly joined, and I am in an ambush, waiting for a new one.
Daffadile

Activity: 1162
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2018, 08:08:50 PM

Ok, downloaded wallet. But wow that was so long ago this came out. Though they did get back to us eventually so I am glad it is not a scam. I wrote it off as a scam tbh.
I am glad I was wrong. But still. This has been a really really long wait to endure.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
bassbity

Activity: 1092
Merit: 284

View Profile
December 05, 2018, 11:34:06 PM

Thanks

Confirmed, all 1250HLM allocated for the bounty campaign will be distributed to participants who reply regardless of how many do and based on their stake count. I will set a date in the near future as a cut off to claim the reward. As you can see from the spreadsheet we ended up with ~797 users participating in the various campaigns.
the allocation for the bounty campaign is very small, but it's okay after waiting so long that they will start distributing this good prospect.
teela (OP)

View Profile
December 08, 2018, 06:35:15 PM
Last edit: December 08, 2018, 08:21:56 PM by teela

Update from Discord:

StonehedgeToday at 12:10 PM
@everyone

Update 8th December 2018

On a personal note, I'd like to apologise for the lack of updates from myself over the last 2.5 weeks. As I'm sure some of you have noticed, the bear market we are in has heaped a lot of pressure on people who work in crypto leading to very quiet communities across the board.  The key to surviving a bear market is to survive.  To survive, a project must make considered decisions, partner with the right people and plan for a long-term future.  This is precisely what we are doing with Helium. For some of the people on the periphery of Helium, this is their first bear market and those people/organisations have needed a week or two to get over the shock and focus back on the long term.

Voting GUI

I'm delighted to announce that a new wallet pre-release has been created.  Version v.0.16.0 contains a GUI for voting on proposals, which takes away all of the technical requirements to vote on a proposal Teela will providing an update on the governance system including details on the testing process for the new pre-release.

Business & Technical Development

One of the challenges of working with a variety of partners to design a system, is to find a consistent way to build a relationship, gather information and establish functional requirements.  Without uniform processes, you have to resort to design by committee which rarely achieves elegant solutions.

Over the past three weeks, I have been working on a suite of templates and processes to allow us a level of consistency in our information and requirement gathering.  Separate but alongside this, there is also a requirement for a simple process leading to an agreement with potential partners around public announcements of the collaboration with a view to joint marketing and PR.

I'm happy to say that the first significant chunk of the processes and templates is now complete.  All documentation from the initial partner interviews through to the technical design document is ready.  The process to populate these documents has been drafted, and I plan to publish a two-page summary of the approach that I am using next week. As each document is populated and approved by the participating parties, they will be made available to the community.  They will only be redacted if there is sensitive commercial information within that cannot be made public.

I will publish the summary of the information gathering process on Monday, as I am going to be travelling this weekend. I also hope to be sharing some information about the first stage of partner interviews which have already begun. I'll be online tomorrow to answer any questions.

Thanks, as always, for your support.

You can find the new wallet release here: https://github.com/heliumchain/helium/releases/tag/v0.16.0

This is not a mandatory update. However, both the voting GUI and staking fix are very convenient for QT users.
You can either update your masternodes or keep them running on the previous version.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: