Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 10:53:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: When to publish TOKEN on exchange?  (Read 506 times)
LingoMaster (OP)

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 05:49:25 AM

When is the right to publish TOKEN on exchange?
Before ICO? What will happen if the investor accidentally buy the token from exchange?
After ICO? How long after ICO? Immediately? or after the product of company is released?

Thanks!
DeltaX

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 05:55:33 AM

Before ICO? What will happen if the investor accidentally buy the token from exchange?
After ICO? How long after ICO? Immediately? or after the product of company is released?

Thanks!

If you wanna publish your token before ico and you must have a proper development progress to make sure that can attract the investors.
You can try to publish after ico and it will become your responsibility to create FOMO. That depends on yourself dude, we can't say a lot that because that based on the hype to your token to create a big FOMO
ahmia39

Activity: 1400
Merit: 251

Trident Protocol | Simple «buy-hold-earn» system!

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 06:09:40 AM

usually every token is published in exchange after ico because if before ico feared investors would buy it in exchange so that it would have an impact on the price reduction at ico.

Javi_Anibarro

Activity: 1526
Merit: 282

tBTC - https://dapp.tbtc.network/

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 06:09:44 AM

I believe you are talking about 'listing', when will it gets listed on exchange ? it depends on the project itself.
usually when the project ran an ICO, they won't let it to get listed to any exchange because it could dump the price and it might affect their target.
another question is when, again it depends on the project itself. the exchange will ask you a 'fee' for doing this, after you pay their fees they will ask you or you will ask them when will it gets listed. it can be vary, you can ask them to list it after the ICO or you can ask them to list it a few weeks after the ICO.

BlockchainGod

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 06:15:36 AM

The token can be listed after the ICO but you need to agree with the exchanger about it. Or to use a decentralized exchange like IDEX or Etherdelta.

JimmyNg90
Copper Member

Activity: 196

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 06:57:02 AM

Thanks!

Personally, I have never seen any projects list their tokens on exchanges before ICOs. Because they have to pay a lot of money for listing tokens as well as traders maybe trade tokens at the price below ICO price (that I assume these are really potential projects and investors believe in the success of projects).

Due to under pressure of FUD when they delay time of listing exchanges, I think they should list their tokens as soon as possible. But they should choose a well-known or trusted exchanges, because listing tokens on sh*t exchanges will make a big dump of tokens.

╭═══════════════════   PETLIFE  ═══════════════════╮
│   Blockchain in veterinary medicine  │
╰════════════ FACEBOOKTWITTERTELEGRAM ══════════════╯
terrific

Activity: 2142
Merit: 506

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 07:02:31 AM

I'm not sure if its a good strategy to list tokens before the ICO.
If the token is listed to an exchange already that gives confidence to the investors that they can dump the coin quickly.
This is what investors want, to have a coin that can be found to an exchange.

.SWG.io.

..Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15..

..Buy Now..

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
..CONFIRMED..

iTradeBit

Activity: 224
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 07:10:33 AM

Token should be published when developers are ready.
Crypto_lion

Activity: 630
Merit: 11

NEW MEDICINE:Faster, Safer, Smarter

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 07:13:47 AM

Usually coins started their listing as soon as possible after the ico but now that the market is in a very bad state the ideal.tkme would be to develop at least a prototype product and then list it with the news .

❱_    ClinTex     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     NEW MEDICINE:   Faster,   Safer,   Smarter
   ❪  TELEGRAM  ❫                 ❪  TWITTER  ❫                 ❪  LINKEDIN  ❫   
██████████████████████   J O I N   ██████████████████████
kagawawa

Activity: 314

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 08:41:58 AM

If I publish the token before the ICOS, I think the investor will not know about the project and care about the project because there is no communication strategy as well as promoting the community to see that this token will not develop. The ICO tokens are risky to investors but people will be interested and involved in many investments and investors' returns can also be successful.
electronicash
Legendary

Activity: 3094
Merit: 1052

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2018, 08:49:38 AM

Thanks!

If you wanna publish your token before ico and you must have a proper development progress to make sure that can attract the investors.
You can try to publish after ico and it will become your responsibility to create FOMO. That depends on yourself dude, we can't say a lot that because that based on the hype to your token to create a big FOMO

why would there be the need for ICO when its listed already on the exchange? the logic is terrible.
if the project is good, the investors would just go to the exchange and buy, there is no need for ICO when its listed already on exchanges, it just need development from the developers.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
rasulibragimavic

Activity: 154

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 08:50:23 AM

When you create the Kenon platform ERC-20 he immediately begins to trade on the exchanges of the platform ! But I advise you to make a listing at the beginning of the ICO and not to allow them to trade. People will see that your token is already on the exchange and there will be more confidence in you !

VENUSENERGY | CRYPTOCURRENCY  M I N I N G
https://venusenergy.io/
LingoMaster (OP)

Activity: 18

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 10:22:32 AM

Thanks!

why would there be the need for ICO when its listed already on the exchange? the logic is terrible.
if the project is good, the investors would just go to the exchange and buy, there is no need for ICO when its listed already on exchanges, it just need development from the developers.

This is the thing confuse me, I read this in one of the article saying:

"6. Get your token on exchanges. Once you’ve created your coin and are ready to launch, you need to reach out to exchanges to carry your coin. This means people can buy and sell your coins on the open market at certain exchanges. Getting a few strong exchanges to accept your coin is absolutely imperative."

Does this means to get the TOKEN listing on exchange before ICO, right?
It sounds like it is normal to do this process.
Huh
ivanleon

Activity: 280

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 10:21:12 PM

Thanks!

I believe that you need to publish your token on as many exchanges as possible, thereby giving confidence to investors and the community. Often tokens lack liquidity, as they are traded on small exchanges or only on one, so their price drops significantly immediately after the start of trading. I think that developers should think about it at once.
bartolo

Activity: 1176
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 10:38:56 PM

This is the thing confuse me, I read this in one of the article saying:

"6. Get your token on exchanges. Once you’ve created your coin and are ready to launch, you need to reach out to exchanges to carry your coin. This means people can buy and sell your coins on the open market at certain exchanges. Getting a few strong exchanges to accept your coin is absolutely imperative."

Does this means to get the TOKEN listing on exchange before ICO, right?
It sounds like it is normal to do this process.
Huh

Obviously, you cannot list the token in any exchange before ICO, but you can reach an agreement with some exchange to list the token after ICO and announce that agreement when you launch your ICO. That way, people will know that the token will be listed on that exchange after ICO and they will be able to trade it.
el kaka22
Legendary

Activity: 3528
Merit: 1162

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 06:13:51 AM

usually every token is published in exchange after ico because if before ico feared investors would buy it in exchange so that it would have an impact on the price reduction at ico.
If you even want to put your coin on exchange immediately, you really need to end up doing some pretty good market campaign to be able to build a community around your coin and get it noticed by investors.

I have actually considered something like this before, in which you just put up some sell orders on the exchange you get listed on, which must be a well-known and used exchange anyway, distribute the price in such a way that it ends up becoming more like first come first serve, but in this case, you really want to have a product on ground that would be able to speak for itself as well as a great development team as well, coupled with a good marketing.

At the end though, it all depends on the team and which strategy they want to go with but in most cases, since exchange listing comes with a price and the idea of ICO is to look for funds, one way or the other, it pays better to get listed after ICO for most projects.

███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
sana54210
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1128

"CoinPoker.com"

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 10:24:00 AM

Thanks!

I hope you understand the essence of ICO before even asking this question. ICO is initial Coin Offering, and as the name sounds, that means you are offering it to investor at a certain price.

So in this case, you want to be organizing some ICO campaign to be able to attract those investors and at the same time build a community before eventually hitting an exchange. However, I have heard some cases of project that never really did ICO and just hit the exchange, put up a huge sell wall, and make it an equal chance for all. Not sure how that turned out for them eventually though.

a d i m u l

Activity: 448

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 10:28:34 AM

exchange tokens are usually done with 4 stages until ico is finished with a different bonus amount.
3lyntmy

Activity: 154

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 11:28:51 AM

Thanks!

Before ICO how investor can buy the token from exchange? before ICO the token won't appear in exchange what  Cheesy
syarifbitcoinishack

Activity: 280

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2018, 12:17:05 PM

I think the right time to publish tokens into exchange when the product has been launched and running, this is to protect token value from dumper
but there are also some platforms that only rely on hype and fud to pump prices, but this doesn't last long
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: