Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 07:41:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ALERT: EOSlend is EOSgas  (Read 213 times)
Swenna (OP)

Activity: 364
Merit: 106

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2018, 04:32:07 AM
Merited by Jon lang (2), euphemia (1)

May this post serve as a notice and warning to other forum members.

Anyway, I believe we all aware on how big of a scam EOSgas airdrop was. It promised to aidrop 10, 000 EOSgas (which is worth $500) to anyone who will sign up. Moreover, they required oarticipants to download an alpha wallet and to pass a KYC using a link directing to your MEW (which of course is a phishing link), thus, allowing them to steal your coins/tokens.

Now, I have come accross this new airdrop called EOSlend. It promises 10, 000 EOSlend tokens to participants (worth $250) and offers additional $25 for every referrla. Anyway, to make the story short, I registered for the said airdrop and they e-mailed me my "supposed-to-be" referral link. To my surprise, I saw this:

As you can see, the referral link given to me is the same as  the referral link of the scam EOSgas airdrop, thus, making me believe that the peiple behind it chose to change the name only to scam other people once again. Let us be wary of this and be careful with airdrops we signed for.
Monbi

Activity: 324
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 05:50:30 AM

I heard many lost their savings by clicking on the EOSGas links. Thanks to the author for the care and useful information. I think it will help some not to lose their coins this time.

MOVIECOIN | THE FINTECH PLATFORM SETTING A NEW STANDARD -
▄                     - FOR ENTERTAINMENT INDUSTRY TRANSACTIONS                     
FOLLOW US: TELEGRAM | FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | TWITTER | LINKEDIN
tuthienloc92bk

Merit: 34

Fast, Smart, Trustworthy

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 08:07:52 AM

Only newbies or greedy people are scammed by these forms. Personally, I have never joined airdrops and bounty campaigns what sent via email. And I have never appreciated that. It's almost spam, scam, even virus infection.
Jon lang

Activity: 322
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 12:15:44 PM
Merited by Swenna (2)

I heard many lost their savings by clicking on the EOSGas links. Thanks to the author for the care and useful information. I think it will help some not to lose their coins this time.

That is true. In fact, I, myself was a victim the EOSgas exam and lost a large amount of tokens from my wallet. That was the first and last time I joined an airdrop.and it ended up as a scam.

Thank you, author, for this warning. It will help the other members to be cautious about joining non-legit projects.
semes

Activity: 713
Merit: 31

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 12:18:04 PM

EOS entered the market promising great things. But even if you find your wallet for free it is very hard. There is a lot to be improved and corrected. Although many projects produce EOS-supported projects, they are still using ERC20 in the ICO process.
Swenna (OP)

Merit: 106

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2018, 12:37:12 PM

EOS entered the market promising great things. But even if you find your wallet for free it is very hard. There is a lot to be improved and corrected. Although many projects produce EOS-supported projects, they are still using ERC20 in the ICO process.

I am not sure but you may be a little confused. The EOSlend and EOSgas that I was referring to is not an EOS-based project, rather, a scam that aims to attract bounty hunters and airdrop catchers uaing EOS' name.
AlexaSonda

Activity: 504
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 12:50:57 PM

where can you get to know and participate in the airdrop? from this forum on the bounties board?
Yshakov.v

Activity: 294
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 12:53:49 PM

You have an interesting case. I have been participating in airdrop for a long time. I don’t receive fraudulent emails.
bituperio

Activity: 208
Merit: 13

TRUSTED CARS ICO

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 12:58:54 PM

It all had the looks of a fishy operation and I am surprised that is not an even worse scam than just a "name change", I just don´t know how people so easily give KYC

__                 ☆☆☆ TrustedCar Flex │ Changing Car Ownership Forever ☆☆☆                  __
‗/l__l\__                                 Token Sale June up to 30% Bonus                               __/l__l\‗
╘Θ═╧═Θ.╛   WhitepaperLightpaperANN ThreadFacebookTwitterTelegram   ╘.Θ═╧═Θ╛
hrolic

Activity: 65
Merit: 1

https://account.bountyhub.io/login?code=PkW7v74

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 09:51:50 AM

many thanks for this subject. long time to me on mail various messages from EOS_io came with tempting offers, I successfully ignored them. today to me the letter from eoslend came and I decided to look for information on these spammers after all. I hope, other people will be also circumspect and will not begin to load and instal anything what they initially did not subscribe for. Be careful!

join bounty hub
mummybtc

Activity: 868
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 10:25:59 AM

I stopped participating in Airdrop because of the level of abuse of participants information and also high level of scam, I have said it nothing is free, it is either you pay directly and indirectly. With the situation of things in the space $500 is alot to give away free but people always want free things and fall for scam like this
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: