Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 08:36:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Masternode coins a good thing or bad?  (Read 357 times)
coincabin (OP)

Activity: 72
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 06:02:44 AM

I somehow do like the masternode coins because they do promise a passive income but I always keep thinking what happens when all the coins are mined and the max supply has been met. Where do the rewards come from? I think it is making a lot of people hold the coins versus selling or dumping them for low prices but when the max supply has been reached isn't there going to be a huge dump of coins because there are no more rewards? If the coin price is high I am kind of sure people are just going to dump all their coins from masternodes and move on to the next where they still get rewards. Sure maybe a couple people will keep the masternode running but how good really is the blockchain secured if most people sell off their masternode coins?

I know it is going to be years until max supplies are going to be met but I just keep thinking about this. What is your opinion about it and do you invest in masternode coins?  Huh

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
JimmyNg90
Copper Member

Activity: 196

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 06:24:07 AM

This is a nice query. Im a newbie in cryptocurrency then I want to learn some ways to invest. Masternodes probably is a good point to begin investing.

By the way, someone please tell me which risks we maybe get while investing to masternodes? Thank you in advance.

╭═══════════════════   PETLIFE  ═══════════════════╮
│   Blockchain in veterinary medicine  │
╰════════════ FACEBOOKTWITTERTELEGRAM ══════════════╯
Rati24

Activity: 462
Merit: 103

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 06:36:27 AM

Yes, masternode coins are good for making money. If the price of a coin grows, everyone is happy with everything, but if the price of a current falls, people can sell their masternode and thereby aggravate the situation even more. Masternode gives passive income and there is not much to earn there, it is not. Better to start trading on exchanges.
Alpha0One1

Activity: 588
Merit: 107

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 06:40:42 AM

If you believe that the project that has or will have a masternode will be adopted by masses in the near future, then it's good to have a masternode for passive income and to support the project as well.
geliliyo.bit

Activity: 28

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 12:11:01 PM

Im a newbie in cryptocurrency then I want to learn some more information to invest. i think Masternodes probably is a good point to begin investing.
which are the risks and advantages that may i get from the masternodes ?
and tell me how to handle the risks in masternodes !!
Lighthouze

Activity: 196
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 02:11:05 PM

Masternodes are a good way of earning passive income from hodling a large portion of the a project's coin. It's also a good way to contributing to their development. They become bad when their hodlers decide to dump them en masse and move on to the next coin. Such dumping impacts on the coin price adversely. Also, imagine hodling masternodes for like Centra, and how they exited the space, that's a lot of losses that would be incurred.

imusify.com  ❰  Award Winning Blockchain Music Platform  ❱  BACKED BY NEO
Asmh85

Activity: 182
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 02:38:34 PM

As many members revealed masternods are a good  passive income ,you have raised a good question what Will happen if the  max total supply reached!, I think the project should do buyback the token and this will pump the token.
coincabin (OP)

Activity: 72

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 07:26:26 AM

The masternodes are supposed to secure a blockchain but I just keep thinking how is it sustainable? Especially when the max supply has been reached. I would not hold a MN for no rewards. I do believe mn are a good thing but I think there will be a huge price drop for coins when they reach max supply. Most people are going to dump the coins, some before the max supply and then the rest when max supply is reached. There must be a solution for this issue and I think it should be addressed now and not when the first mn coins start to reach max supply and mn drop like flies.
Larssoneos02

Activity: 27
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 03:21:44 AM

Yes masternode is a good way to earn passive income. But who would want to invest if there was no rewards. I hope there is a solution to this unforunate situation.
warning_btc

Activity: 378
Merit: 11

Decentralized Digital Billboards

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 03:54:21 AM

Masternode is good thing, today is not good because scammers take it how main weapon.
They create masternode coin, sell MN on presales then go do next masternode project

Crypt0BHunter

Activity: 462
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 03:57:00 AM

IMHO There are a lot of ponzi schemes which guarantee you stable passive income per month undercover most of mastenode-coins

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
waynechong1995

Activity: 644
Merit: 117

swing!

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2018, 04:01:44 AM

There's some level of MLM involved, as early adopter with lots of down nodes could dominate early with good prices, and as the coin falls those getting late nodes would have nothing that could passively earn you money

electronicash
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1049

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2018, 04:02:40 AM

don't you think these masternodes owner also sells the tokens they got?  i found some tokens that is actually a utility token while they are also into masternodes which means the token has to be used in their platform. the token shall circulate in this kind of set up. there will be users buying because they will need to token there are masternode owners who will also sell.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
Ted DiBiase

Activity: 13

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 09:01:30 AM

Masternode is a good coin to hodl in terms of gaining a very good profit. It always helps in the development of their project as the amount of people investing in it increases its success overall. It gets bad only when hodlers decide to dump them in mass which causes an influx. In order to maintain value it should be dumped in moderate amounts to maintain flow so everyone can benefit.
electronicash
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1049

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2018, 09:14:40 AM

Masternode is a good coin to hodl in terms of gaining a very good profit. It always helps in the development of their project as the amount of people investing in it increases its success overall. It gets bad only when hodlers decide to dump them in mass which causes an influx. In order to maintain value it should be dumped in moderate amounts to maintain flow so everyone can benefit.

you can't just let anyone hold and dump little by little. when users who had lots of tokens but aren't enough to set up masternodes for a collateral, it will always be dumped no matter what. even the minexcoin which banking doesn't require anyone to have about a minimum quantity of MNX to start banking are dumped. bear market like this is the worst of all. people now starts to consider selling the coins they meant to hold for years because of these bear market.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
talkbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032

All I know is that I know nothing.

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 10:43:43 AM

it is not that easy to brand certain things as good or bad.

for instance in case of masternode coins i would say it depends on your views of the cryptocurrencies and how they should really be like. for example if you don't care about centralization and a master node having a lot of power in determining the future of the coin and also if you don't care about your transactions being tracked and possibly even censored if the masternode wanted,... then it is a good thing. but if you care about all that and you want a better decentralized model then no they are the worst thing.

.L I V E C O I N . N E T.
..PROFITBOX..
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
█████████████▄  ▄████████████
  ██████████▀    ▀█ ▀████████
████  █████▀  ▄▄  ▀█  ▀██████
  ████████▀  ▄██▄  ▀█   ▀████
    ██████   ▀██▀   ██   ████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
██  █████████▄  ▄████████████
  ███████████████████████████
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████████████████▀ ███
█████████████████████▀   ███
    █████████████▀     ████
  █████████████▀   ██    ████
████  █████▀     ██    ████
  ███████▀   ██    ██    ████
    █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████    ██    ██    ████
██  █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████████████████████████
iconoclast

Activity: 770
Merit: 102

Matrix Built On An Ethereum Smart Contract

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 10:56:24 AM

I think whether they are a good or bad thing largely depends on the people involved. I look for projects with a very small premine, talented development team and interesting business plan. One of the ones that I particularly like is DarkPayCoin. It is an MN/PoS privacy coin. They have a premine of 0.1%, a really good community and are building a marketplace to give the coin utility.

syarifbitcoinishack

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2018, 11:30:55 AM

to be able run a masternode requires a lot of coins if they only give a little revenue share, better the funds are used for trading
because altcoin prices are fluctuations and must hold for a long time period, will be very risky to be exposed to market volatility

*so my answer is BAD  Grin
karramov

Activity: 448
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 11:32:54 AM

People just get involved and stop. Interest is important. No matter what it is
spopovss

Activity: 672
Merit: 100

https://paynote.eu

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 11:37:06 AM

Everything depends on the market, if the market grows then it is beneficial to have masternods, but when price of the token falls, respectively, and profit falls, I have been looking at it for a long time.

El mejor intercambio de criptomonedas https://paynote.eu/
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: