Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 09:31:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Vertical Blockchain or Horizontal Blockchain?  (Read 177 times)
UmbalaNetwork (OP)

Activity: 33
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 10:00:18 AM

There has been a question making me perplexed for a very long time: What is the orientation for the immersion of Blockchain into the real world of business. In specific, horizontal Blockchains which offer a (kind of) general decentralized service to serve all types of industry or vertical Blockchains which offer a decentralized network to serve a specific industry, for example, advertising, entertainment or real estate.

The representatives of both types ò Blockchain have been outperformed, making it hard for us to make the comparison. Here are some example:

- Horizontal Blockchain: Ethereum, EOS, Quarkchain, NEO, Pchain, Zilliqua, Tomochain, etc

- Vertical Blockchain: TRON (Blockchain for the global digital entertainment industry). There are some more examples, I would love if anyone can helpme to bring them to light

So, what are your thoughts? Which will win? Or is there no barrier between these 2 types of Blockchain in te long run?
iconoclast

Activity: 770
Merit: 102

Matrix Built On An Ethereum Smart Contract

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 10:24:26 AM

There has been a question making me perplexed for a very long time: What is the orientation for the immersion of Blockchain into the real world of business. In specific, horizontal Blockchains which offer a (kind of) general decentralized service to serve all types of industry or vertical Blockchains which offer a decentralized network to serve a specific industry, for example, advertising, entertainment or real estate.

The representatives of both types ò Blockchain have been outperformed, making it hard for us to make the comparison. Here are some example:

- Horizontal Blockchain: Ethereum, EOS, Quarkchain, NEO, Pchain, Zilliqua, Tomochain, etc

- Vertical Blockchain: TRON (Blockchain for the global digital entertainment industry). There are some more examples, I would love if anyone can helpme to bring them to light

So, what are your thoughts? Which will win? Or is there no barrier between these 2 types of Blockchain in te long run?
I think it is inevitable that Horizontal Blockchains will dominate and that Vertical Blockchains will be replaced by tokens that offer industry specific solutions. There will be a period of consolidation in the future in which a few blockchain will grab an 80% share of the market with the others relegated to specialized niches. Up to now building your own blockchain from scratch has been considered a plus, in the future it won't.

Cajor

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 02:53:34 AM

Both of the blockchains are used for different purpose. Different people care about projects with different characteristics. Though horizontal blockchain has a bit upper hand than vertical blockchain.
Davidbaecker

Activity: 34

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 03:59:25 AM

I think it is inevitable that Horizontal Blockchains will dominate and that Vertical Blockchains will be replaced by tokens that offer industry specific solutions. Up to now building your own Blockchain from scratch has been considered a plus,in the future it won't.
Nikolas Brown

Activity: 21

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 04:29:09 PM

The competition is rather odd. From the look of it, anyone can day that the horizontal will run. But the vertical might to. For being not the stereotype. Also, as the scope is limited, the investor can invest in here safely.
Nikolas Brown

Activity: 21

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 04:38:57 PM

From the look of the data that you have presented, it is clear that the Horizontal Blockchain will beat the Vertical Blockchain in the long run. It already has covered the majority of the market. At this rate, vertical will barely be able to survive in the future.
RileyPeterson

Activity: 30

View Profile
October 29, 2018, 04:36:41 AM

As far as we can see from the current stats that horizontal blockchains are the ones who will be dominating in the future and possibly vertical blockchains will be replaced by industry specific solutions. But still with the current state even if it does seem like horizontal is dominating it still would be a mistake to try and predict an outcome as this line of business there's always a certain amount of uncertainty involved so we'd have to wait until we can say further on the topic.
Soaveth541

Activity: 8

View Profile
October 29, 2018, 11:19:26 PM

The horizontal blockchains has hegemonized over others at present, They might continue to do so because of its viability in the real world scenario.
Abohadan331

View Profile
October 29, 2018, 11:19:41 PM

Although I do not have much idea about the topic but I think vertical blockchain will be substituted by company specific required tokens. So, horizontal blockchain will thrive in the future.
Ibeild441

View Profile
October 29, 2018, 11:41:47 PM

I haven't heard of these terms related with orientation before. But I think lionshare of the market would be decided upon several factors. Such as, how much flexibility that particualr blockchain provides. There will be different options from which people will choose according to their conveinience and only the better will come out top regardless of orientation.
Edoanidd551

Activity: 10

View Profile
October 29, 2018, 11:42:03 PM

There are some differences in vertical and horizontal blockchains. Vertical is a field specific blockchain while horizontal works in a vast area. It seems horizontal blockchain has the upper hand but people chose the one which they find more convenient.
yinoye

Activity: 532
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 29, 2018, 11:53:16 PM

I was initially confused with the term horizontal and vertical blockchain but it was clear from the explanation you gave. Projects like Stellar and waves can also fall in the horizontal blockchain.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: