Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 11:49:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: HOW PROJECTS CAN MAINTAIN THE VALUE OF THEIR TOKENS AFTER EXCHANGE LISTING  (Read 233 times)
noma45 (OP)

Activity: 538
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 11:14:38 AM

Good day guys, we all have noticed that so many projects tend to loose high value of their token after they have listed in exchanges. One of the cause is the way bounty hunters will want to dump their tokens and move over to the other available project.
There is a remedy to this and here is my suggestion.

- I Advice projects to pay bounty hunters with Ethereum or Bitcoin and by so doing, they retain the value of their token after they must have listed in an exchange or exchanges.

if any bounty hunter is interested in the project, they can use the ETH or BTC reward they got from the project and purchase the tokens.

Guys what is your opinion on this?

Thank you

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
supermine

Activity: 826
Merit: 518

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 11:21:46 AM

Good day guys, we all have noticed that so many projects tend to loose high value of their token after they have listed in exchanges. One of the cause is the way bounty hunters will want to dump their tokens and move over to the other available project.

- I Advice projects to pay bounty hunters with Ethereum or Bitcoin and by so doing, they retain the value of their token after they must have listed in an exchange or exchanges.

if any bounty hunter is interested in the project, they can use the ETH or BTC reward they got from the project and purchase the tokens.

Thank you
So many tokens losing their value because of bounty hunters? Absolutely not because they are allocating only tiny of total tokens created so which is not enough to bring the prices that much lower.This is happening because of the investors who sells their tokens soon when it listed because they consider this as short term investment.

That is a good suggestion to pay the participants with already listed coins which not only reduce the dump of the coin and also can sweep from the scam bounties and ICOs.
javadsalehi

Activity: 364
Merit: 13

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 11:33:25 AM

Thank you
It's a good idea to pay bounty hunters with Ethereum or bitcoin. But I don't think bounty hunters are the reason of that price falls. Prices usually decrease before bounties are distributed. Also, those tokens that didn't have bounty at falling.
yescrypto

Activity: 319
Merit: 2

A nexgen decentralized ride hailing

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 11:36:51 AM

Common bro, I hate seeing this it's just like blaming a marketer and keep calm with the buyers because they pay for the product Hun. What do you have to say about the investors who hold alot more of the token and can do whatever they like with it as soon as it make them profit. Paying them with eth isn't the point here, blame no one for dumping because no matter price you sell what you are holding you are also a dumper.

DRIFE ●●
█ NEXGEN DECENTRALIZED RIDE HAILING PLATFORM █
●●● 
BQ

Activity: 616
Merit: 53

CoinMetro - the future of exchanges

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 11:39:12 AM

only a small % is usually given to the bounties, hardly that can be the reason behind the price drop.
it's usually the founders or people who got to buy in early+cheaper who dumps.

5 EUR free crypto on signup! XCM exchange token ⚜⚜⚜  CoinMetro - Copy Trading - Margin - 0% maker fee  ⚜⚜⚜ - generate €500 volume in July for a chance to win €100!
btcluisdiki

Activity: 448
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 12:04:34 PM

I had been observing this kind of situation where this is usually what happens to the token after being listed in the exchange market where market value drops. I also believe that the bounty hunters token dumping is the main reason for this price drop since the allocated percentage for the bounties is just partly small. I think the proposal paying the bounty hunters in ETH or BTC could be a better idea and I agree with it. Perhaps, this may not hardly impact the token price in the exchange listing.
Sylvial

Activity: 182
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 12:06:40 PM

Thank you

Bounty hunters aren't the sole cause of the dump tokens experience upon. Remember these ICOs also give huge bonuses to private investors and VCs, some of these tokens have no lock-in periods by these ICOs and as such they dump these tokens at the exchange too.

So projects, can maintain the value of their tokens after exchange listing by doing the following;

1. Have lock-in periods for bonuses ab initio. Should be 6 months to 1 year post listing.
2. Projects should continue with marketing of the project and ensuring it remains in public view. What we've noticed is that a lot of projects simply ignore the marketing angle after their ICO and expect the community to do it for them, which in my opinion is wrong.

Adreman23

Activity: 1365
Merit: 107

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 12:24:33 PM

Thank you
I think no project wants to pay ethereum or bitcoin for bounty hunters maybe because if they do some bounty hunters will buy other token or altcoins which is considered as their competitors. On the other hand if they are paid bounty hunters with their own token it also help to gain more volume for their token even bounty hunters dump the token/coins.

syarifbitcoinishack

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2018, 12:30:58 PM

Thank you

Bounty hunters aren't the sole cause of the dump tokens experience upon. Remember these ICOs also give huge bonuses to private investors and VCs, some of these tokens have no lock-in periods by these ICOs and as such they dump these tokens at the exchange too.

So projects, can maintain the value of their tokens after exchange listing by doing the following;

1. Have lock-in periods for bonuses ab initio. Should be 6 months to 1 year post listing.
2. Projects should continue with marketing of the project and ensuring it remains in public view. What we've noticed is that a lot of projects simply ignore the marketing angle after their ICO and expect the community to do it for them, which in my opinion is wrong.

I agree, not only bounty hunters that can make prices drop significantly because some ICO provide up to 90% purchase bonuses in private sale and pre-sale to investors
Exchange Union is one of the ICO that give rewards in ETH to bounty hunters, and this has no impact on price of tokens on the market. So I agree if the bounty is paid in Bitcoin or Etherum
BravO_o

Activity: 532
Merit: 165

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 12:33:53 PM

Thank you
Not all projects deal with such things. But I know those that support about the same course of your tokens with the help of a bot. And on its own stock exchange.
baigreen

Activity: 625
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 12:39:31 PM

Thank you

Grin I would agree to get Bitcoin for the job. Grin

However, the fact is that companies are simply not profitable. The project needs to spread its coins around the world. Through bounty hunters, through a team of managers, through investors. Therefore, one can only dream of such a mechanism. You can see for yourself that sometimes tokens are worth nothing. And so the project will have to give money.

It should be a smart project that can afford it.
MikeyVeez

Activity: 896
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 12:41:23 PM

Thank you
Do you think that ICOs really care about the price after token listing? They dont, thats why we see that 99% of ICOs are listed for half or quarter value and who cares?
Those who wants to buy, buy cheap and those are selling are only bounty hunters, they also do not care, they want money as soon as possible.

OIKOS.CASH      Decentralized finance on Tron   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Collateral-backed stable-coins
         github  telegram    twitter    discord           synthetic asset trading and trustless token exchange on TRON
Remainder

Activity: 950
Merit: 517

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 12:48:52 PM

So many ICO project even thus successful once before are can't maintain the value of their token, you can't also blame bounty hunters because they just want to earn from their job, it is all depend on the project if it is worth to invest or not.
criptoman83

Activity: 336
Merit: 15

“Revolutionising Marketing and Loyalty”

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 12:51:24 PM

It's a great idea to pay bounty hunters in bitcoin and ETH, I think most hunters would be happy.  Wink Sometimes the devs do so. But sometimes it is not profitable for the project, because they collected funds for certain needs, and for some even 1% on the ETH - it's a lot. With tokens easier, you released and sent, and 1-2% in the tokens of the whole issue, it's quite a bit and cannot lower the rate of the coin, even if all the bounty hunters decide on to sell 100% of their savings. Which I highly doubt.

limtjoehua

Activity: 216

Best solution for smart cities

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 01:04:58 PM

only a small % is usually given to the bounties, hardly that can be the reason behind the price drop.
it's usually the founders or people who got to buy in early+cheaper who dumps.
That is the truth, the bounty is only a small part of the allocation, only 1% - 3% and less than the bonus given to investors. Look at the bonus offered by an ico, even for whitelist participants and the bonus pre sales can reach 50%, isn't that crazy? So they will dump all the bonuses to return the capital and anticipate if one day the project will die.

━━━       CitiOS       ━━━     
━━━━━━━━━━━━━ Best Solution for Smart Cities | Monetize the True Potential of Smart Cities ━━━━━━━━━━━━━
  ● Telegram    ● Twitter    ● Facebook    ● Medium    ● Reddit    ● Whitepaper
MinedTangerine

Activity: 308
Merit: 4

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 01:24:50 PM

Well its simple, you need to create demand for coins. Either you have demand because the coin is scarce and valued like in Bitcoin or you create demand by forcing users to buy your coins to use some feature of your product. Utility tokens do this for instance.

To create demand you need to have a solid foundations and development or hype a lot. But hype is short lived.

SUQA - A new open source peer to peer digital currency
 (https://suqa.org/)
Noobaru

Activity: 504
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2018, 09:52:44 PM

I still don't think that bounty hunters are the main problem for tokens dumping so hard after exchanges. Some projects dump their tokens too. But the real problem are the pre-sale investors, who get tokens at discount even up to 50% and of course they are going to dump it as soon they hit exchange, because of the profit.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ■       SKYNET.co       ■ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     PRIVATE SALE is LIVE     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▌
muncuss

Activity: 634
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 11:54:41 PM

Well its simple, you need to create demand for coins. Either you have demand because the coin is scarce and valued like in Bitcoin or you create demand by forcing users to buy your coins to use some feature of your product. Utility tokens do this for instance.

To create demand you need to have a solid foundations and development or hype a lot. But hype is short lived.
even best utility token can't maintain its price. They need adoption and adoption need time. when it listed on exchange, some private investor ready to dump their huge bag and price can fall in no time
cryptowolfsu

Activity: 476

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 12:13:49 AM

Bounty allocations are usually 1-2% or even below. How can 1 % of  the token supply influence  the price long term ?
It is better to distribute the bounty rewards after the token is already listed on exchanges  and have enough trading volume.

Bergqvist

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 03:00:04 AM

Dumping of tokens by the bounty hunters is not the only reason for losing their value. But it is agood idea though. Its a good idea to retain the value of their token after they have listed in exchanges.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: