Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 06:02:18 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: give an explanation about fake ico, and how to find out  (Read 513 times)
igor.vanyutin.83

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 03:01:24 PM

You will need to research a project, in that you want to take part in. Just read the whitepaper, check the projects and developer teams. Look at the rating websites and at the community stats in the social media. If you do not find anything strange, just invest in this ICO.
Braeden Hahn

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 04:12:46 PM

In order to avoid becoming a victim of a fake ICO it is up to you to do the required research regarding it. Looking into their idea and how strong it is, what their strategy is about moving the idea forward, the team behind it, their community and how often they update and respond to consumer questions. All of these things play a part on if the ICO is legit or just another scam.
Komandor8957

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

The World’s First Blockchain Core

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2018, 04:15:37 PM

If fraudsters really want to get your money as an investment from ICO, they can do it a bit. If you are a very demanding and attentive investor, you will be able to recognize the naked lie in white paper. Only about 5% try their best to make a quality website, an idea and promote their ICO.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ■        SKYNET        ■ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     PRIVATE SALE is LIVE     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▌
Whitepaper   Bounty   Bitcointalk   ■   Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
Crelakoth02

Activity: 5

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 03:41:07 PM

There are some traits to a fake ICO. Firstly, see if their idea is legible, then go for researching the persons working behind the ICO and look for their past success as this will help you in holding them reesponsible regarding any scamming case.
Adwigossi1

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 03:41:23 PM

Honestly there is no pattern or activity that can help a person to identify a scam ICO. Usually high profit claims, bad business model and poor developers are the signs of scam ICO.
Severalle06

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 03:44:08 PM

There is no ground rule for that. Forging social media profiles realistically is quite easy. Not everyone has the aptitude to understand every word from white paper. The only thing can help certainly find out whether it's a scam is the community. You have to dig deep, do extensive research and keep eyes and ears wide open.
Soreseth02

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 03:44:21 PM

There is no 'How to Recognise Fake ICO 101' at this moment sadly. You can do so much stuffs to avoid them but still may fall a victim to it. Usually people follow some traits such as background checking in different platforms. But one thing is certain, you have to act smartly and don't ever rush on it. Ask people around, follow the forums and you might make it.
anume123

Activity: 700

Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network

View Profile
October 31, 2018, 12:04:08 PM

Fake ICO always spreading here in bounty sections but some legit ico will know it you review their project and the team. I always read whitepaper of the ico so i always know if the ico is legit or fake.

Razick
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1003

View Profile
October 31, 2018, 03:23:26 PM

Fake icos are projects which are put out by scammers in order to make money from people who are looking to invest in new coins when they have no intention of continuing the project later and one of the best way to spot out the fake icos is to look for the faces behind the project, there is usually no face behind the project which makes it easier for them to take off with the money

ACCOUNT RECOVERED 4/27/2020. Account was previously hacked sometime in 2017. Posts between 12/31/2016 and 4/27/2020 are NOT LEGITIMATE.
thelemot (OP)

Activity: 241
Merit: 36

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 10:07:34 PM

its not too hard actualy
I'm just looking for legit ico on rating platform like tokengrade.com , ico bench etc
I can only believe in projects whose teams have been verified by KYC it's for how I can choose a good ico
if you suggest seeing ico on the ico website, I want to ask for your explanation, why can a scam project be registered in the icobench? for example triggmine scam projects registered on the ico web
thelemot (OP)

Activity: 241
Merit: 36

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 10:10:09 PM

Fake ICO always spreading here in bounty sections but some legit ico will know it you review their project and the team. I always read whitepaper of the ico so i always know if the ico is legit or fake.
how do you know the ico project is scam by seeing white paper? because the ico scam project they are doing very well and is difficult to compare
Omega Weapon

Activity: 1092
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 10:46:54 PM

how do you know the ico project is scam by seeing white paper? because the ico scam project they are doing very well and is difficult to compare
One way to know if the ico is a scam is by looking at the whitepaper and see if they copied any part of their whitepaper, if you find they did then there is a very high probability that you are in front of a scam, another way is if you have high technical knowledge you can identify if what is written in the whitepaper makes sense or if it is even possible.
Awoben

Activity: 236
Merit: 3

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 10:53:53 PM

Fake icos promises unrealistic achievements. Once you see this know its a fake one,  example, a project already talking about getting listed on binance when they are yet to reach their soft cap.
FirstCryptic

Activity: 112
Merit: 1

🔵The Global Foodservice Loyalty Space

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 11:42:24 AM

In order to evaluate the ICO project, I look at the product of the project and also how the developers evaluate their product, that is, how adequate the project cost is from the developers.

[ R E S T O t o k e n ]     |     The Global Foodservice Loyalty Space
     TOKEN SALE      ❱ Oct 10th - Dec 14th
Considered

Activity: 504