Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 03:56:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: MiNinG iS DeAd  (Read 2013 times)
MOAMiner

Activity: 61
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2018, 12:37:47 PM

It's not a bad strategy, depending on your longtime goal. Do you want to earn money now or do you want to built a portfolio over time with well chosen coins. Can be combined as well. For example dedicate a single rig to direct money earning (ProfitSwitching + AutoExchange to BTC) to compensate for all electricity costs with least amount of maintainance and use another rig to mine coins of choice directly.

That way you have the easy payout (you can cash out from BTC everywhere to pay electricity) while still building a portfolio exactly the way you want it. In our case (0.14ct/kwh) a single 6x1070Ti rig can compensate the electricity bill for at least 2 rigs (min 100% profit on electricity cost over the last months. so every $ we pay in electricity is 2$ earning, leaving us with 1$ profit) - it's scalable, and those auto-rigs run on autopilot with our software, we just collect BTC from them, exchange to fiat and pay electricity.

Just an idea, if you have several rigs and like to investigate coins and build portfolio

MOAMiner - Automatic Algorithm Switching Software with Online Monitoring - watch our testrigs (http://moaminer.com/public/xMozfE0T)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
lunobird

Activity: 846
Merit: 115

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 09:19:30 PM

it can be usefull if somebody makes one Guide about "how to sell altcoins". I tried several differents (Raven, Bytecoin, GoByte, etc...). But was not successfull when i tried to sell it on exchanges. So maybe there are something i don't understand good on this part of business  Grin
Thank you and sorry again for my poor english

I'd recommend you to have a look at the table provided by CoinTelegraph.com on this page:

https://cointelegraph.com/ethereum-for-beginners/how-to-sell-ethereum-guide-for-beginners

BTW, what's your electricity cost (per kWh)?

Thank you Raja_MBZ for this link. Yes i actually sell my Monero from mining on Krakken and use bank transfer to compensate electricity cost. I hold a small part in differents coins and cash out when price is not so bad to buy new GPU/rig parts. Is it good or not good strategy?
My electricty cost is 0.09 kWh in the day 0.07 kWh in the night

Thats a poor strategy.

In traditional gold mining people were mining for gold just to pay off their equipment and shovels after all said and done.  The people selling equipment made the most.  And those that held onto their gold and never sold any ended up 10X their money after many years of hodling.

Same principles with crypto.  If your selling to cover electric then u got weak hands and deserve pigeon profits.

You should be paying electric with your day job money to offload your filthy fiat,  and wait till the bull market to return then sell some. I would not sell any coins in a bear market at the bottom.

Keep it simple

Mine low, sell high. 

Marvell2

Activity: 1148
Merit: 132

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 09:45:22 PM

it can be usefull if somebody makes one Guide about "how to sell altcoins". I tried several differents (Raven, Bytecoin, GoByte, etc...). But was not successfull when i tried to sell it on exchanges. So maybe there are something i don't understand good on this part of business  Grin
Thank you and sorry again for my poor english

I'd recommend you to have a look at the table provided by CoinTelegraph.com on this page:

https://cointelegraph.com/ethereum-for-beginners/how-to-sell-ethereum-guide-for-beginners

BTW, what's your electricity cost (per kWh)?

Thank you Raja_MBZ for this link. Yes i actually sell my Monero from mining on Krakken and use bank transfer to compensate electricity cost. I hold a small part in differents coins and cash out when price is not so bad to buy new GPU/rig parts. Is it good or not good strategy?
My electricty cost is 0.09 kWh in the day 0.07 kWh in the night

Thats a poor strategy.

In traditional gold mining people were mining for gold just to pay off their equipment and shovels after all said and done.  The people selling equipment made the most.  And those that held onto their gold and never sold any ended up 10X their money after many years of hodling.

Same principles with crypto.  If your selling to cover electric then u got weak hands and deserve pigeon profits.

You should be paying electric with your day job money to offload your filthy fiat,  and wait till the bull market to return then sell some. I would not sell any coins in a bear market at the bottom.

Keep it simple

Mine low, sell high. 

bingo , hold hold
ishinn99

Activity: 420
Merit: 11

BitHostCoin.io

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 11:55:10 PM

Damn... I'm still making profit on CPUs as well as GPUs... why didn't anyone tell me it was dead ? ;-)

So you are saying that you still get profit from mining with your cpus anf gpus? Then you really have a wiser strategies on how you can maximize you earnings from mining.

│      Whitepaper      │            ▰▰▰  BITHOST  ▰▰▰            │            The Coin With Implemented Project            │      Announce      │
―――――            COMPLETE SOLUTION FOR HOSTING WITH CRYPTOCURRENCY            ―――――
│     Telegram     │     Twitter     │     Facebook
mikeywith
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 6367

be constructive or S.T.F.U

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 12:07:40 AM

If you really starting mining during July then there is no way that you hit any soft of ROI what-so-ever Cheesy.

30$ now is something lose to 65 * AMD rx570. such a set up requires some good amount of money spend on mobos,ssds,rams,psu,cables,cords,extensions etc,,

---------------------------

as if for mining dead ? is the earth flat?

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Metroid

Activity: 2142
Merit: 353

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 12:24:53 AM

Do not pay attention to idiots who are saying mining is profitable, it requires you 5 seconds to see with your own eyes the truth, mining is dead at moment.

https://whattomine.com/coins

BTC Address: 1DH4ok85VdFAe47fSVXNVctxkFhUv4ujbR
badbart

Activity: 449
Merit: 24

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 02:08:07 AM

Like any other business mining is profitable for those got in early and didn't pay insane prices for gpus and have low electricity cost.  My 60 1070s and 30 470s from early 2017  are still making a profit after I pay electricity and my gpus payed from themselves long ago.  I never paid inflated prices for my gpus or ASICs and my electricity is $ .049 KWH.
alexyong342

Activity: 90
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 05:08:28 AM

man we should have gone into the selling the shovel biz instead of the gold rush...Smiley

learning some sound crypto tips and behind the scene stuff at this blog - https://www.altcoinsidekick.com/blog

which I'd recommend as a good source of knowledge
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 1709

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 07:41:59 AM

This thread should just be locked. The OP hasn't replied since his original post which started this topic and it's basically saying the same stuff over and over again.

We all know that mining now is not as profitable as before and there really are no secret coins out there which generate more profit than others.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
umine

Activity: 405
Merit: 136

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 04:25:08 PM

This thread should just be locked. The OP hasn't replied since his original post which started this topic and it's basically saying the same stuff over and over again.

We all know that mining now is not as profitable as before and there really are no secret coins out there which generate more profit than others.

Maybe it's so. But some experience also could be got from the thread. Several people talk about their situation in GPU mining and so on. I for example knew some interesting actual info and also after reading the topic I consider an idea about the comparison of profit of traditional trading and crypto trading at the same initial conditions. So the closing is premature

rantern (OP)

Activity: 13

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 07:15:18 PM

op here

my daily cost for my farm (16x 1080ti, 16x 1060) doesnt change, i pay rougly 7.7c/kwh (10.x including other charges)

i make between 0.1 to 0.13 eth per day. the lower eth crashes, the more i get

then from eth, im all in on a certain token that i think will be worth much more

fuck the ASIC supporters who ruined mining for the short term gains
octominer

Activity: 248
Merit: 8

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2018, 07:31:48 AM

Do not pay attention to idiots who are saying mining is profitable, it requires you 5 seconds to see with your own eyes the truth, mining is dead at moment.

This is actually not true. We(OCTOMINER) work together with multiple big 1MW+, 10MW+ mining farms around the world and it all comes down to electricity price right now. Yes, profits are less than before but mining is till profitable.

Most of our big clients pay around 4-5 cents per KW/H for electricity and their current ROI calculations are around 10 months for ASIC and around 16 months for GPU at the current crypto prices. Once the bull run starts, these times will shorten and big investors realise this. We have first hand knowledge in this, since we supply mining hardware to some of the bigger mining farms in USA and Canada.

Right now there is a big wave of Antminer S9 replacing going on. New and more efficient SHA-256 miners are being launched and the big mining farms are currently replacing their S9's in the mass. They need to do this to stay profitable. Bitmain shipped around 3 million Antminer S9 units last year. We are working with the mining farms to get the S9 units replaced with newer and more efficient ASICs .

umine

Activity: 405
Merit: 136

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 10:23:57 AM

This is actually not true. We(OCTOMINER) work together with multiple big 1MW+, 10MW+ mining farms around the world and it all comes down to electricity price right now. Yes, profits are less than before but mining is till profitable.

Most of our big clients pay around 4-5 cents per KW/H for electricity and their current ROI calculations are around 10 months for ASIC and around 16 months for GPU at the current crypto prices. Once the bull run starts, these times will shorten and big investors realise this. We have first hand knowledge in this, since we supply mining hardware to some of the bigger mining farms in USA and Canada.

Right now there is a big wave of Antminer S9 replacing going on. New and more efficient SHA-256 miners are being launched and the big mining farms are currently replacing their S9's in the mass. They need to do this to stay profitable. Bitmain shipped around 3 million Antminer S9 units last year. We are working with the mining farms to get the S9 units replaced with newer and more efficient ASICs .

Indeed the truth is in the middle. 10 month for ASICs and 16 for GPUs are too optimistic times. The probability of decreasing Bitcoin price to 4000$ is still significant. It could be because of the news of government prohibitions or disagreement in crypto community.
I would calculate the mining investment return about 2 years (with new hardware, with used hardware it could be less by two times)

octominer

Activity: 248
Merit: 8

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2018, 11:11:17 AM
Last edit: November 05, 2018, 11:31:45 AM by octominer

Indeed the truth is in the middle. 10 month for ASICs and 16 for GPUs are too optimistic times. The probability of decreasing Bitcoin price to 4000$ is still significant. It could be because of the news of government prohibitions or disagreement in crypto community.
I would calculate the mining investment return about 2 years (with new hardware, with used hardware it could be less by two times)

Yes, you are right.
10 month for ASICs and 16 for GPUs are a bit on the optimistic side,  I agree with that. 10 month for ASICs is with new and efficient units, OCTOMINER will have some big news coming out soon related to ASICs.
And big mining farms get pretty decent discounts usually for their hardware, have to factor this in also. Usual orders sizes are between 300-3000 OCTOMINER 8GPU rigs + GPUs for them, so around 2400-24000 GPUs. The ASIC orders can even go over 10 000 units per order for bigger mining farms in USA and Canada. We work directly with all the hardware manufacturers so we can get great deals that help optimise our clients ROI time. Smiley
ManDoneKTM

Activity: 150

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 01:49:39 PM

Don’t think mining is dead. 100’s of new coins coming each day. Mining 100-500-1000 of these quickly, when difficulty is low, and you are bound to hit one that is worth something….. some day.  Would not have minded mining a few 100 btc in 2009 at difficulty 1, which is was in most of 2009.

Now the idea / system of mining are a dead end if you ask me. Getting paid for… well nothing, other than wasting energy, is, yes you guessed it, unproductive. Then rather a mining systems like BONIC / Gridcoin, where you actually solve something useful with idle computer power.

Agree Wink ive been mined a lot of ´´ shitcoins´´ due the diff bottom , now i sold a few of them at a good price Wink
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: