Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 11:48:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: MiNinG iS DeAd  (Read 2015 times)
FFI2013

Activity: 906
Merit: 507

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 07:55:01 PM

I don't know I've been mining for about 5 years now and mining has died at least 3 times, see some of use are here not to make a quick buck but to push the chains because we believe in cryptocurrency

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
stomachgrowls

Activity: 2856
Merit: 769

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 09:30:15 PM

I don't know how you make your calculations but they don't sound right. They can be right only if you have free electricity and by 12 dollars daily as cost you take your initial investment at the price you bought the rigs or mining devices.

Nowadays conditions are not worthy anymore, even at the 0.09 dollars/kilowatt energy cost. My colleagues turned their rigs off because one rig with 6 Rx 580 was making 0.0036 bitcoin weekly and 0.015 almost monthly, that is only about 90-92 dollars, they paid energy for a rig 80 dollars so for just 12 dollars monthly profit was not a good idea to keep the rigs on, not worthy.

This is the big picture in Gpu mining nowadays.
Easy to spot problem in here. They need better bios mod... good timings and undervolting. Maybe also mine different coin.
These are the only possible factors but having a daily of $30 minus the expense of $12 which leads to $18 profit everyday will really be hard to believe.
The only thing comes to my mind is about mining a different coin when we do talk on such profitability.

I don't know I've been mining for about 5 years now and mining has died at least 3 times, see some of use are here not to make a quick buck but to push the chains because we believe in cryptocurrency
Miners aim for its sole purpose and foreseeing its potential vs for those miners who are just targeting profitability - these are 2 types of miners actually.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
sundownz06

Activity: 110
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 09:41:58 PM

Damn... I'm still making profit on CPUs as well as GPUs... why didn't anyone tell me it was dead ? ;-)
majika

Activity: 64
Merit: 4

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 09:49:38 PM
Last edit: October 30, 2018, 10:38:59 PM by majika

unless you know what you are doing

i started mining last july

my rigs have been paid off by the value of my altfolio

currently, it costs me about $12 per day to mine about $30 worth of ethereum per day

in the current market conditions, thats pretty damn good

so for the noobies

MiNinG iS DeAd, unless you know what you are doing

Mining since july, mines Ethereum, says he knows what he's doing, calling other people noobies... Roll Eyes

ROFL.. true.! lol!

Same here, exactly. I believe in crypto (not all about the money) Also been mining & involved in crypto from the get go. I totally agree, I can remember when past events occured.
1) when CPU > GPU came online
2) when GPU > ASICS came online (Scrypt)
3) Emergence of ASIC specific algo's
4) ASIC resistant algos becoming ASIC minable X11/X13 etc etc.
5) FinCENT and all the KYC and new Crypto Regulation (kind of caused a bit of a stir in mining circles)
These were all times when past events caused upheaval in the mining sphere.. (some more apparent than others)

your forgetting about the free VPS deals with nice usage allowances (if you know where to look Azure for one Wink CPU >> XMR to bits, rinse & repeat.

another reason why your comments fall a little short is b/c you didn't include anything about reducing your primary mining overhead.   ENERGY COSTS.
Start building a 18650 cell power wall, slap-up some solar panels which is an excellent method & one way to decrease operating costs and thus increase profits. Mining is far from dead imho.

FYI one final point. your missing the whole "mining new obscure alts" part,
fair enough you may take the risk of what alts you mine turning to shit.
But... All it takes is one good alt project get in on early @ launch, throw some serious hashrate at it and wait for the project to mature, land on an exchange then offload at premium. (Risky strategy, agreed.. however no risk no reward Wink look at all the X16r / HEX algos coin's just coming on stream atm. Raven and ZEON, XDNA. all potential hotties. RVN being one I was lucky to hop into and make a killing on.

ahh.. another quick thought why mining is NOT dead.. Don't forget the Master nodes route too. There are a lot of projects making use of MN's. Running a dedicated MN or even being part of a group / shared MN scheme can earn you a passive income.

Basing your premise that mining is dead from mining one coin "ETH" in your case can hardly hold true once all things considered from directly mining new alts through to Luck elements Through to running MN's Its the risk we take. Sure markets are down & Prices are shit. costs are high..

Stay strong my fellow miner. This here Crypto game has the habit of changing rapidly, for the worse but also for the better. Look for opportunities (such as Masternodes)

Projects for miners

--Zeon Hex Network is live --
Dynamic . New. ZEON https://discord.gg/KAkXavE http://zeonhexalgo.fun
https://github.com/Pubfred/Zeon_hex
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5054188.0

OR
[ANN]XDNA-Revolution in mining|GPU ONLY HEX algo|Charity Support|NoICO|Cryptopia
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4517612.0

https://ravencoin.org/

Costs reduction Ideas

1kw DIY PowerWall affordable 18650 build project (2018) - YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hejOT7NF72E

DIY Tesla Powerwall - Solar storage 18650 lithium ion home Battery
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsxElsOh-MI

Some info to know about harvesting 18650 Li-Ion cells from laptop batteries
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvO0Iij8D1c

Ideas on how to source materials
** I'm no way endorsing but simply showing how mining costs can be offset with relatively little outlay AND incrementally Wink **
https://www.aliexpress.com/w/wholesale-rechargeable-battery.html
https://www.aliexpress.com/category/52806/solar-cells.html

adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 1710

View Profile
October 31, 2018, 12:16:25 AM

Like the guy who replied on Reddit pretty much summed it up.

If you got 10 cent power, you get to mine ETH basically for $100 a coin. So if you only want a coin or two and don't want a huge risk, you can just mine it and it will cost you $200-$300 in electricity and nothing more. If you buy the coins it will cost you $400-$600.

If ETH goes to $0, then you will only lose half for the same quantity of ETH owned.

I know that some people will say that you got a limitted amount of ETH you can generate a day, yes its true but to the small type investor, an ETH or 2 is all they want and they will hodl' it for the next decade.

This is the reason why the difficulty is still high even though its very difficult to generate any huge gains these days.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
DannadV

Activity: 4

View Profile
October 31, 2018, 02:09:42 AM

This is true
xxcsu

Activity: 1498
Merit: 597

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2018, 02:58:34 AM

I don't know how you make your calculations but they don't sound right. They can be right only if you have free electricity and by 12 dollars daily as cost you take your initial investment at the price you bought the rigs or mining devices.

Nowadays conditions are not worthy anymore, even at the 0.09 dollars/kilowatt energy cost. My colleagues turned their rigs off because one rig with 6 Rx 580 was making 0.0036 bitcoin weekly and 0.015 almost monthly, that is only about 90-92 dollars, they paid energy for a rig 80 dollars so for just 12 dollars monthly profit was not a good idea to keep the rigs on, not worthy.

This is my big picture Smiley...well its a 25 days old topic , check my calculation Smiley
All my rig are with optimized bios with the right undervolting overclocking ,not with those one click bios modes, with real bios mode , hex editing, optimized for low power usage/highest possible hashrate Smiley

Learn about Merit & new rank requirements , Learn how to use MERIT , make this community better
If you like the answer you got for your question from any member ,
If you find any post useful , informative use the +Merit button.
Mattthev

Activity: 966
Merit: 359

👉MINING-BIOS.eu💲⛏

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2018, 02:20:55 PM

Easy to spot problem in here. They need better bios mod... good timings and undervolting. Maybe also mine different coin.
These are the only possible factors but having a daily of $30 minus the expense of $12 which leads to $18 profit everyday will really be hard to believe.
The only thing comes to my mind is about mining a different coin when we do talk on such profitability.
There are always coins that you can mine with let say 50-100 USD earn per week with 6x RX 580, but you need switch to other coin the week later or even after only few days Cheesy I know guys that do this, but you have to check Bitcointalk, Reddit, Slack, Telegram,... every day or even few hours and be quick on exchanges Cheesy But it might worth for someone.

Mining Bios with Performance Timings 👍 Mining-Bios.euPBE 1.7PBE 3 PRO👌⛏│AFFILIATE system 10% ref 💰💲BTC│👉 XMR-AEON-STAK 🔝⛏ Monero V9 (CNv4) ✅│XMRig AMD🔝⛏ CNv4 ✅
FIAT from BINANCE to REVOLUT 💳│🚀Upcoming/Active ICO list📈🤑│👉Free Bitcoin BTC Faucet💰💲│Guides:RX 470/480/570/580, VEGA Bios Mod Tutorial - SRB, PBE 💰💲│PBE.eu
CRYPTO to FIAT BTC💲💳│ How to Mine XMR/RYO and CN coins + Miners Downloads💰⛏│Guides:How to Mine AEON💰⛏
monerobiosedit@gmail.com│✅Did I help you? Give me some +Merit 🤜🤛👌
Mattthev

Activity: 966
Merit: 359

👉MINING-BIOS.eu💲⛏

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2018, 02:25:49 PM

This is my big picture Smiley...well its a 25 days old topic , check my calculation Smiley
All my rig are with optimized bios with the right undervolting overclocking ,not with those one click bios modes, with real bios mode , hex editing, optimized for low power usage/highest possible hashrate Smiley
Nice! 👍
Did you make those bios? Or buy from guys in here?

Mining Bios with Performance Timings 👍 Mining-Bios.euPBE 1.7PBE 3 PRO👌⛏│AFFILIATE system 10% ref 💰💲BTC│👉 XMR-AEON-STAK 🔝⛏ Monero V9 (CNv4) ✅│XMRig AMD🔝⛏ CNv4 ✅
FIAT from BINANCE to REVOLUT 💳│🚀Upcoming/Active ICO list📈🤑│👉Free Bitcoin BTC Faucet💰💲│Guides:RX 470/480/570/580, VEGA Bios Mod Tutorial - SRB, PBE 💰💲│PBE.eu
CRYPTO to FIAT BTC💲💳│ How to Mine XMR/RYO and CN coins + Miners Downloads💰⛏│Guides:How to Mine AEON💰⛏
monerobiosedit@gmail.com│✅Did I help you? Give me some +Merit 🤜🤛👌
mininghope

Activity: 18

View Profile
October 31, 2018, 02:38:31 PM

Men, i start mining RAVENCOIN in september, since raven cost  250 sat (0.01 cents).

now i'm sitting over 20000 ravens and raven cost 650 sat, and can go more up.

minigns its not death

umine

Activity: 405
Merit: 136

View Profile
October 31, 2018, 04:13:22 PM

Men, i start mining RAVENCOIN in september, since raven cost  250 sat (0.01 cents).

minigns its not death

Good example! Mining became more complicated than a year ago when you could mine anything and got a lot of profit. Now is time of smart mining. Should serious think about what to mine and when it sell.

xxcsu

Activity: 1498
Merit: 597

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2018, 01:41:13 AM

Nice! 👍
Did you make those bios? Or buy from guys in here?

Thank You! Smiley
I modded all of my cards bios files

Learn about Merit & new rank requirements , Learn how to use MERIT , make this community better
If you like the answer you got for your question from any member ,
If you find any post useful , informative use the +Merit button.
adi1972

Activity: 51
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 02:42:58 AM

I'm not advocating or promoting u guys to invest a small portion of what u are hodling in smart contracts.
I know most sounds like a Ponzi scheme and u need to really know like anything the risk involve.
But that's what I'm doing while my rig is hibernating. At least I'm still earning eth.
shater

Activity: 87

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 02:58:01 AM

Everything - business, sport, culture has its ups and downs. The fact that it's dead right now doesn't mean it will not be profitable in the future. Stay open minded.
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 1710

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 06:47:28 AM

I'm not advocating or promoting u guys to invest a small portion of what u are hodling in smart contracts.
I know most sounds like a Ponzi scheme and u need to really know like anything the risk involve.
But that's what I'm doing while my rig is hibernating. At least I'm still earning eth.

What are you referring to exactly? Are you talking about masternodes?

I didn't think you could earn anything in smart contracts, it actually does sound like some type of scam however since its a smart contract you can always just look at the source code and see where your money will go.

Maybe give more info about this passive income method you are using?

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Mikaelxiong

Activity: 139
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 07:45:22 AM

Winter is coming... Time to turn on my expensive heaters LOL
abhiseshakana
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 2229

From Zero to 2 times Self-Made Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2018, 11:41:39 AM

unless you know what you are doing

i started mining last july

my rigs have been paid off by the value of my altfolio

currently, it costs me about $12 per day to mine about $30 worth of ethereum per day

in the current market conditions, thats pretty damn good

so for the noobies

MiNinG iS DeAd, unless you know what you are doing

Sometime the profitability of mining is not as well as mining calculator assumption. So we need to put an effort into choosing the right coin to get more profits. But it doesn't mean when we hashing the big coin like Eth or Xmr, it can't be worth anymore. Because mining is not only hashrate, difficulty and power consumption at all. 

When we talk about profitability, the decision that we make like how long to hodl the coin and the price target to selling those coin, it will influence the profit that we can reach.

Just like our friend did below. It's a good working, how mining should be run.

minigns its not death

.Duelbits.
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
TRY OUR
  NEW  UNIQUE
GAMES!
..DICE...
███████████████████████████████
███▀▀                     ▀▀███
███    ▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄    ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███   ▀████▀       ▀████▀   ███
███                         ███
███   ▄████▄       ▄████▄   ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███    ▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀    ███
███▄▄                     ▄▄███
.MINES.
████████████████████████▄▀▄████
██████████████▀▄▄▄▀█████▄▀▄████
████████████▀ █████▄▀████ █████
██████████      █████▄▀▀▄██████
███████▀          ▀████████████
█████▀              ▀██████████
█████                ██████████
████▌                ▐█████████
█████                ██████████
██████▄            ▄███████████
████████▄▄      ▄▄█████████████
.PLINKO.
█████████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀█████████
██████▀  ▄▄███ ███      ▀██████
█████  ▄▀▀                █████
████  ▀                    ████
████                       ████
█████                     █████
██████▄                 ▄██████
█████████▄▄▄       ▄▄▄█████████
10,000x
MULTIPLIER
NEARLY UP TO
.50%. REWARDS
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
solutions4w

Activity: 7

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 06:19:39 PM
Merited by CjMapope (1)

Sorry for my bad english guys, but i want to try to give my point of view about this topic  Smiley

I started mining in beginning of 2018, and of course i'm little bit disapoint of actual situation. But, if i look deeper i win every month around 5% of my initial investissement. To win 5% of one investissement (when you are "normal" people like me), you have basically 2 differents ways:

- Bank placement
- Real estate investissement

With bank placement, you will have money blocked (and will not receive % every day/month) and will be part in one system that i don't like it so much  Grin
With real estate you will need big investissement and will have a lot of obligations (rent it, taxes, assurances, long time credit...)

With mining i feel more free and yes it's also one hobby in the same time, because it's fun to make rigs and to setup it, and i have fun to be in forums and try to make it more powerfull.
And finally it's good way for "normal people" like me to have a chance to grow up, i buy one GPU (or another part of rig) each month, and step by step... we will see  Wink

To finish, it can be usefull if somebody makes one Guide about "how to sell altcoins". I tried several differents (Raven, Bytecoin, GoByte, etc...). But was not successfull when i tried to sell it on exchanges. So maybe there are something i don't understand good on this part of business  Grin
Thank you and sorry again for my poor english

Raja_MBZ
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1505

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 07:55:02 PM

it can be usefull if somebody makes one Guide about "how to sell altcoins". I tried several differents (Raven, Bytecoin, GoByte, etc...). But was not successfull when i tried to sell it on exchanges. So maybe there are something i don't understand good on this part of business  Grin

I'd recommend you to have a look at the table provided by CoinTelegraph.com on this page:

https://cointelegraph.com/ethereum-for-beginners/how-to-sell-ethereum-guide-for-beginners

BTW, what's your electricity cost (per kWh)?
solutions4w

Activity: 7

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 08:57:02 PM

it can be usefull if somebody makes one Guide about "how to sell altcoins". I tried several differents (Raven, Bytecoin, GoByte, etc...). But was not successfull when i tried to sell it on exchanges. So maybe there are something i don't understand good on this part of business  Grin

I'd recommend you to have a look at the table provided by CoinTelegraph.com on this page:

https://cointelegraph.com/ethereum-for-beginners/how-to-sell-ethereum-guide-for-beginners

BTW, what's your electricity cost (per kWh)?

Thank you Raja_MBZ for this link. Yes i actually sell my Monero from mining on Krakken and use bank transfer to compensate electricity cost. I hold a small part in differents coins and cash out when price is not so bad to buy new GPU/rig parts. Is it good or not good strategy?
My electricty cost is 0.09 kWh in the day 0.07 kWh in the night
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: