Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 06:15:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Vetting of Bounty Campaigns  (Read 208 times)
evichi (OP)

Activity: 1204
Merit: 7

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 12:29:40 AM

I have come to realise that some bounty Campaigns are tagged as scam few days after being published in the bounty section of bitcointalk. While I commend those that fish out the scam bounties, I suggest having a section where these bounties will undergo some scrutiny before being allowed to be published in the main bounty section. This will save members of this group some time and intellectual energy that are wasted on bounties that will turn out to be scam. Legendary and senior members of this group that are already checking these scam groups can check the bounties prior to being published in the main bounty section.  While the section (Bounty Vetting) may not guarantee the success of the bounty, it will, at least, offer tremendous help to members of this forum by saving members intellectual energy and time wasted on the useless bounties.

What is the way forward to curb scam projects on this forum?

▬▬▬▬[ CHAIN JOES || THE FUTURE OF WEB3 GAMING  ]▬▬▬▬▬
CHAINJOES.COM
dumplingsandsushi

Activity: 476
Merit: 41

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2018, 12:33:37 AM
Merited by o_e_l_e_o (1)

And are you willing to pay them for their work?
There are literally hundreds of bounties popping up every month.
You are asking high level members to vett all of these so that your life will be easier?
Perhaps if you have a great idea, then you can do this yourself?

The reality is, even with vetting, there will still be scams and poor quality icos/bounties.
So really, it is up to us individually to research and decide what is best.
In the real investment world, you would pay someone to do research for you and offer advice.
If you don't pay, it is up to you yourself to figure it out.

There is a lot of benefit from figuring it out yourself, the most being you become a much more capable trader.

nreal

Activity: 932
Merit: 100

arcs-chain.com

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 12:59:41 AM

They can not do it free for you. Instead of waiting for others, people who participate in the bounty must learn and filter their ICO projects to avoid cheating. There are many tutorials on this subject.

► ARCS ◄ ♦ ARCS - The New World Token (*Listed on KuCoin) ♦ ► ARCS ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Medium|Telegram|Whitepaper
louie69

Activity: 322
Merit: 12

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 01:06:37 AM

I would agree with OP, vetting is mportant to new ICO's should be properly executed by the responsibility of the assigned personnel of this forum. At least people who wish to invest on a particular scam ICO project could be prevented and bounty hunters could also not waste their time in their bounty task weekly. I hope this could be given importance to the person of authority in this forum and also bounty managers should do their part in reviewing the ICO before they accept to handle such project.

❤   humancoin   ❤   Join our whitelist!      ❤   humancoin   ❤
██████                   A new era of charity                    ██████
▄ ▄ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  Telegram | Reddit | Medium | Twitter | ANN Thread | Facebook   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄
ityandsyn

Activity: 490
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 01:37:28 AM

I have come to realise that some bounty Campaigns are tagged as scam few days after being published in the bounty section of bitcointalk. While I commend those that fish out the scam bounties, I suggest having a section where these bounties will undergo some scrutiny before being allowed to be published in the main bounty section. This will save members of this group some time and intellectual energy that are wasted on bounties that will turn out to be scam. Legendary and senior members of this group that are already checking these scam groups can check the bounties prior to being published in the main bounty section.  While the section (Bounty Vetting) may not guarantee the success of the bounty, it will, at least, offer tremendous help to members of this forum by saving members intellectual energy and time wasted on the useless bounties.

It such a good idea just to avoid scam project and we need a team to evaluate ICO project whether it is legit or not , but the problem is the term of payments for their time and effort ,  because no more wiil get you as free on here .
nikotengik

Activity: 224
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 01:44:38 AM

I have come to realise that some bounty Campaigns are tagged as scam few days after being published in the bounty section of bitcointalk. While I commend those that fish out the scam bounties, I suggest having a section where these bounties will undergo some scrutiny before being allowed to be published in the main bounty section. This will save members of this group some time and intellectual energy that are wasted on bounties that will turn out to be scam. Legendary and senior members of this group that are already checking these scam groups can check the bounties prior to being published in the main bounty section.  While the section (Bounty Vetting) may not guarantee the success of the bounty, it will, at least, offer tremendous help to members of this forum by saving members intellectual energy and time wasted on the useless bounties.

there is a possibility in the future, and of course senior members who have positions will handle this problem, whether by filtering posts or through approval, I don't know that, there will certainly be changes going forward regarding the scam bounty

center]
🗣 Voice Controlled Ai Trading Assistant 👨‍💻 Portfolio Manager
📊 Analytics  ✦ AiBB ✦ Crypto ID 🔐
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬• https://aibb.io •▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
indoagung88

Activity: 294

Files.fm - Store, Share and Sell Files

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 05:34:20 AM

Personally I might not be able to curb or prevent the scams from happening, but I can only research in my own way. By reading white paper or asking seniors who have opinion long participated in the project and have achieved success. Right now I'm also following ORGANICCO bounty campaigns, which seems to be achieving real success. Hopefully my analysis is correct.

✦ files.fm library ✦
P2P File Catalog & Marketplace with AI and Blockchain Payments
tuthienloc92bk

Activity: 364
Merit: 34

Fast, Smart, Trustworthy

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 06:52:54 AM

Hey, you are too strict. But you are right.

First, this is bitcointalk forum, not bounty forum. Legendary, Hero and Senior members have their work, no one does vetting while benefits do not belonged to them.

Second, there are many members who are spotting scam projects everyday. And I think they have done it very well. So, OP should not require too much while you cannot reward to them.
BitcoinHodler

Activity: 1456
Merit: 578

HODLing is an art, not just a word...

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 07:04:03 AM

in my opinion the time you would waste on "vetting" bounty campaigns is a wasted time that can be spent elsewhere with a much better productivity. for instance if you spent that time in the market watching the  charts and gaining some trading experience you would be making a lot of profit compared to the money that bounty campaign may give you!

Holding Bitcoin More Every Day
ambisyon

Activity: 322

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 07:38:10 AM

I believe that it's the bounty hunter and investors job to secure in their participation into any ICO projects and not rely from the  admin of this forum since I think there is no vetting done in every ICO that is operating in this forum. It would be good idea if there is somebody from this forum to handle such thing at least scam ICO's could no longer operate in scamming people on this forum. Also, no time will be wasted from the bounty hunters side in their participation with the bounty campaign.

REME-COIN ● Marketplace with up to 100% Cashback
▬▬ ● ● ICO (PRE-SALE) START: 2 MAY 2018 ● ● ▬▬ (https://www.remecoin.io/)
moynul2050

Activity: 812
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 08:19:49 AM

Personally I might not be able to curb or prevent the scams from happening, but I can only research in my own way. By reading white paper or asking seniors who have opinion long participated in the project and have achieved success. Right now I'm also following ORGANICCO bounty campaigns, which seems to be achieving real success. Hopefully my analysis is correct.
it's better for you, doing maximum analysis for the next campaign. it's hard to distinguish between real bounty and scam right now. but I believe that with good analysis we will find real projects.
Rati24

Activity: 462
Merit: 103

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 09:12:55 AM

Yes, not a bad idea because it really became a lot of scam projects that collect money and just do nothing. Working for a few months in a bounty, they may give nothing at the end and for this they will come up with many reasons, for example, kyc and so on. Although in the beginning they wrote that he was not needed. Such a section could at least slightly facilitate the life of the bounty hunters and investors, too.
o_e_l_e_o
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 18565

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 02:56:17 PM

So you want senior members here to spend their time and effort to do your due diligence for you because you can't be bothered? No thanks.

The buck stop with you. If you are going to attach your name to a campaign, display their signature, or spam their advertising all over multiple other platforms, then the least you can do is spend 10 minutes to find out if that project it legit or a scam yourself, and not rely on someone else telling you. There are many guides available to tell you how to figure out if a project is a scam or not. Start here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5004397.0

As pointed out, even with extensive vetting you won't catch every scam project before they can actually complete their scam. Your proposal would give a false reassurance to people looking at these projects.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: