Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 02:38:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Signing transactions on IDEX with metamask  (Read 128 times)
Cryptodiscuss (OP)

Activity: 518
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 06:38:57 AM

I am new on trading on IDEX and when I deposit some tokens for trading, I used metamask for connect with exchange.
After deposit I choose amount of tokens and press sell. Metamask window pop up with a warning that I should only sign in transactions this way on sites that I fully trust with all amount on my acc?!
Is it posible to my acc be hacked this way?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
pranazzs

Activity: 532
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 11:42:34 AM

I am new on trading on IDEX and when I deposit some tokens for trading, I used metamask for connect with exchange.
After deposit I choose amount of tokens and press sell. Metamask window pop up with a warning that I should only sign in transactions this way on sites that I fully trust with all amount on my acc?!

I have used IDEX several times, and indeed we have to sign the transaction.
and so far my account has remained safe until now.
sell my ac_________nt

Activity: 448
Merit: 108

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 12:53:00 PM

No, you are not hacked, I also use this extension and I also sign transactions. Save the address of the exchange in bookmarks in your browser so as not to go to a fraudulent site.
Cryptodiscuss (OP)

Activity: 518

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 02:09:15 PM

Thanks for answers, I signed. It's really confusing that metamask is warning that way. I mean I dont trust any exchange in world with full amount on any of my wallets! I wouldnt trust my wife with any amount, let alone some exchange! But good thing im not hacked... yet...  Cheesy
pragna

Activity: 1582
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 03:16:14 PM

No, Nothing to worry here. It just security warning from IDEX company. I used IDEX several times for exchange tokens and trade also here. But no problem happen yet and no bad news also don't seen from anybody. So you can easily and safely use IDEX for trade. Best of luck.
Benito01

Activity: 136
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 29, 2018, 01:26:22 PM

As I know using metamask to connect your wallet to idex is good because your wallet is safe from hackers because you`r not importing your wallet to idex directly because you use metamask as security.

█≣≣≣   SECURIX   ≣≣≣█
▐▃    NEXT GENERATION OF CRYPTO MINING    ▃▌
http://www.securix.io/
Golftech

Activity: 2128
Merit: 520

View Profile
October 29, 2018, 01:34:55 PM

As I know using metamask to connect your wallet to idex is good because your wallet is safe from hackers because you`r not importing your wallet to idex directly because you use metamask as security.
Less risky indeed as long as you fully understand what you are doing, you can protect your assets if you fully secured your wallet, metamask did help
us to protect your main wallet giving extra protections, you need to import exchange site that you trust and never to open those that you don't know
well but as far as idex it's a good site for ethereum based tokens.
jemarie20

Activity: 434

View Profile
October 31, 2018, 12:27:48 AM

No, you did a good job because you use metamask to connect your wallet to exchange site, and thats a good things that we can do to avoid hackers, because metamask is one of secondary security protecting your wallet from many hackers.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: