Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 07:25:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Crypto where you are  (Read 312 times)
Retty (OP)

Activity: 154
Merit: 47

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 06:55:11 PM
Merited by Helana (1)

I have been into BTC/crypto for a little over 2 years now, even though i had my eyes on it for a lot longer i never "took the plunge" (regrettably) later than i should have done.

Throughout my time in the 'cryptosphere' i have had countless conversations about it with friends and family. I like many others here believe i'm a visionary, you can see where this is all eventually heading and how it could/will pan out. I can't understand why more people arent involved to be honest, though the feedback i have had seems to revolve around "i don't really understand it" and " that Bitcoin thingy".  Undecided

So, im just trying to find out a few things from other members here from around the world:

What are your friends and families thoughts/views on your crypto journey? Are they into crypto too?

Is your country/region positive about crypto?

I only ask this as i genuinely only know one other person in real life who has an interest in crypto. I'm from the Uk and don't really see a lot of fuss about it, maybe its totally different where you are?

It would be great to hear some feedback.

"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
LTU_btc
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1330

Slava Ukraini!

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2018, 10:29:17 AM

I would say that most of my friends and family members have negative opinion or crypto or they don't know anything about that.
I already tired to explain all benefits of crypto, so I gave up. No matter what I say, my family members think that crypto is some kind of ponzi scheme and everything will collapse one day. They think that crypto just don't have real value.
Most of my friends aren't interested in crypto. I talked about it with them multiple times and they didn't showed interest. It seems that they're thinking that crypto isn't serious thing.
My country is crypto positive I would say. We have many startups and successful projects related to crypto. But the problem that government and central bank aren't so positive towards crypto.
Last year there was trend in my country to invest in cryptos when Bitcoin started to go up fast. People tried to behave like professional investors despite that they had very little knowledge in crypto. I don't know where they are gone now, because I feel silence in crypto sphere now.
Retty (OP)

Activity: 154
Merit: 47

View Profile
October 29, 2018, 04:16:40 PM

Very much the same as myself so it seems. I think it will take some sort of catastrophic financial failure/crash for the vast majority to start looking at crypto and seeing the fact that their is a finite amount of BTC (and certain other top coins). I think that could be the catalyst that really brings normal folk into crypto.

acmakc12

Activity: 504
Merit: 19

View Profile
October 29, 2018, 08:13:09 PM

In my country, maybe every 5-7 knows what crypto is, although there seems to be even some laws in the country that make it possible to develop a business related to cryptocurrency. The saddest thing for me is that my parents do not know what a crypt is, they know that it is Bitcoin and everything, but even when I tried to enlighten them in this they didn’t react or even read a couple of articles that I advised them, I also tried to tell them myself, but they were not at all interested, they only asked if I could earn money on it, and what about progress and technology, they don’t care about it, like most of the population of my country (cryptocurrency is irrelevant) It’s very sad people think only about small things and do not want to move on .
Helana

Activity: 80
Merit: 71

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 08:43:09 PM

What are your friends and families thoughts/views on your crypto journey? Are they into crypto too?

Probably the same answered 'till now. They don't believe in crypto and also they see the cryptocurrency world as something unsustainable, given the lack of support of "trusted enterprises". It makes me think a lot about how the people is actually scared of changes around here. One of the biggest arguments they provide is just about how to trust "the people". When you try to explain them that is actually people behind the technology and the uses it already or potentially has, is when they hesitate, so, maybe, the mean problem resides on how people are used to distrust others...

Is your country/region positive about crypto?

The country I live in was one of the very first in trying to accept crypto. Fellow Spaniards, correct me if I'm wrong, but lately, I've seen that this initial interest (well, probably not "initial" but "bumped" by last year hype) is getting lost. I haven't heard a lot of news recently about crypto but those ones dedicated to discrediting it. Whatever, I've been quite occupied and quite far from the crypto lately, but, even in my relatives, I've seen this change of mindset having a place: from interest/curiosity to absolute distrust.

joniboini
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1792

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2018, 04:08:42 AM

I'm the only one who knows about cryptocurrency in my family, and probably in my region too. They're not open-minded, so it's quite hard to give them a basic understanding of how crypto works. Most of the time they heard about scams on crypto, like Bitcoin and etc. It creates a prejudice, which is kinda hard to fix.

I think it's normal at some point that most people don't know and even have a lot of distrust on cryptocurrency, because adoption is not yet massive and there's a lot of problems too that needs to be fixed. However, slowly but surely I believe my country will accept cryptocurrency. There's a lot of positive news and events happenings here, for example, Bitcoin has been considered as tradable assets or funds. And more will come.
jonemil24

Activity: 448
Merit: 59

imagine me

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 12:39:19 PM

My government is still neutral and banks doesn't want any crypto related activities within their system. I talked about bitcoin and cryptos with my family and relatives, and majority of them are skeptical about it.

Dad - "Really? Could be a game changer, or not!"
Mom - "Drugs, pedos on deep web, scams, and countless of criminal activities. Stay away."
Cousin 1 - "Scam. Listen to your mom."
Cousin 2 -Worked in a bank before, and decided to leave because she felt that there is something wrong with the banking system. But doesn't want to join the crytpo-mania, unless the government would completely accept it.
Father's cousin - CPA, and currently working in a bank of Japan. Believes that there is nothing wrong with the banking system. Actively trading since 2015.
Distant relative - After experiencing how to be broke for more than 5 years, now a millionaire and already left the country.
Nephew - "I want to learn more about blockchain technology."

Me- Struggling to have 1 BTC
acarli

Activity: 267
Merit: 77

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2018, 03:30:36 AM
Merited by pugman (2), LoyceV (1)

Mom - "Drugs, pedos on deep web, scams, and countless of criminal activities. Stay away."
Me- Struggling to have 1 BTC

That was good. That's exactly what a few of the members in my family think as well.

Most everyone knows about crypto in my family. No one, not even myself was into it early. About 2 out of 8 neighbors know about crypto, the rest don't care.

Here's my recap:

Father - "Whaaaat .. Is it legal? Where is it actually? It can't be legal right?"
Mother - "Super cool son, I'll try too!" She then goes out and buys 3k in Tron and Ripple! (geesh)
Wife - "I like Ethereum better." She's super cool.
2 year Old daughter - "BITCOIN BITCOIN BITCOIN" She recognizes bitcoin, Monero, and Ethereum on my T-shirts. Adorable.
21 year Old son - Why isn't everyone using it?
Sister in Law - It's ferry money, don't be stupid.
Sister in Law's Father - Yup, very stupid, buy stocks
85 year old neighbor - I've got more than 200 BTC and he does.. impressive right?

Scoobers

Activity: 78
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 01:40:08 PM

None of my friends or family know the first thing about crypto, they look at it as if it is some form of dark art.
I think this is that same for the normal person on the street. It's something they hear about in the news or read about but don't understand it.
Until this changes, crypto will never become mainstream.
BestSSS

Activity: 434
Merit: 4

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2018, 03:50:40 PM

In my country, bitcoin and cryptocurrency are not officially banned, but as everywhere there is no normal regulation and laws.
Taxes on profits from cryptocurrencies are also not regulated in any way and this is a bit annoying, since when withdrawing funds from the exchange to the Bank card, there are always questions where the funds come from.
My family not against crypto and supports me in this what I very glad, my brother so same in crypto far dragged his I. The rest of the family members-parents and friends are skeptical about this, but I think it's because it is difficult for them to take all this computer literacy.
I hope that the market will return and my friends will understand that they were cruelly mistaken when they chose the option not to trade bitcoin thinking that it is a bubble.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: