Bitcoin Forum
May 15, 2024, 03:11:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: AMD RX580 rig BSOD issues ...  (Read 141 times)
gastanan (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 07:31:08 PM

Hi everyone,

i have built an radeon mining rig about a year ago ..

Setup:

GPU :12x Sapphire Pulse RX580 8gb
MBO: Asus B250 mining expert
RAM : 2x 4GB
CPU : Intel core i3
SSD : corsair 128gb
PSU : 2x Toughpower DPS G 1200W Platinum

modded bios + latest amd drivers

everything was working fine .. after 3-4 months a had troubles with new windows version and used compute and stability scripts to fix these issues ...
however now im facing another problem ... after running claymores miner i get almost instantly BSOD ...
tried just one PSU with one card (once from multiple different card tests_ -> was able to get 5min+ mining .. then i tried 2-3-5 cards always getting BSOD randomly after 15-60sec
Any ideas what should i try ?

Thanks
c0ffeelake

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 08:44:30 PM

Delete your drivers with AMD CleanUninstall Utility (download it on official AMD website) and then set up the latest video driver.

If it won't help - reinstall windows (or set up Linux/Hive OS), update it to the latest version and then set up video driver
leonix007

Activity: 1008
Merit: 297

Grow with community

View Profile
October 29, 2018, 03:16:53 AM

I was just thinking on the risers as they usually easy to degrade along they way in mining

I would suggest doing upto 2 cards first, when its still in BSOD try to replace the riser

when its now stable add up another 1 and so on..

until you figured out the culprits

I have doubts on software side as it is stable on a single GPU setup

chrisbfrpky

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 29, 2018, 07:02:04 AM

I had a few similar issues. Final solution on the worst one was the power supply was killing my SSD, higher than acceptable voltages were getting to the SSD and corrupting/destroying sectors occupied by the operating system....It took 2 separate fixes to finally catch the actual problem. New 3rd SSD new 2nd power supply, problem finally solved with no recurrence. I learned to check the voltages on the power supply cables 1st thing now.

Also had a few issues with bad risers causing BSOD. It only takes one gone bad to throw everything off. (That was the first replace attempt when troubleshooting the above issue)

1 rig also had a similar issue, it would mine fine for a few minutes then the hashrate on one card would drop off to about half then finally down to nothing and then the BSOD popped up. That turned out to be a bad PCIE power cable, the riser was fine. (Yellow and Black Chinese PCIE cables are NOT a good choice)

You'll find it. Good luck.
Chris B.
peteycamey
Legendary

Activity: 1184
Merit: 1017

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2018, 01:28:07 PM

check the risers sata connection. also decrease the memory clock.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: