Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 07:27:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: XSN just destroyed Atomic Swaps with Lightning Swaps  (Read 359 times)
Yankeeruinx (OP)

Activity: 443
Merit: 107

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 02:04:40 PM

Awesome job from the XSN core devs. First achieving trustless staking and now one of the first of doing lightning swaps. More and more people starting to realize where XSN is headed Smiley

They really don't get the recognition they deserve for the innovations they are bringing to the crypto industry. Things like this are genuine game changers that are beneficial to the entire industry. I expect by the end of next year everyone will be using the the Lightning Network to increase throughput of their projects.
Rangestar1

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 02:50:31 PM

Amazing work from the team executing Lightning Swaps over Mainnet. So as I understand correctly, the next step will be a one-click solution built into a new wallet? Will this be as simple as just using the command button to execute the Lightning Swap between XSN and another lightning compatible coin?
Starhead

Activity: 45
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 03:27:19 PM

Amazing work from the team executing Lightning Swaps over Mainnet. So as I understand correctly, the next step will be a one-click solution built into a new wallet? Will this be as simple as just using the command button to execute the Lightning Swap between XSN and another lightning compatible coin?

Yes, we are working on a one click solution to execute intra-and interchain lightning channels for offchain transactions and swaps.
Yankeeruinx (OP)

Activity: 443
Merit: 107

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 03:56:56 PM

Yes, we are working on a one click solution to execute intra-and interchain lightning channels for offchain transactions and swaps.

Once that rolls out and it’s so simple for everyone to use then there will be an explosion of Lightning Network activity. I think the XSN Github will be having a lot of eyes on it in the near future as people try to implement these things themselves.
wolfington12

Activity: 17

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 04:43:44 PM

It seems that the technology does not match the intentions. Even if lighting is faster, you need to keep open state channels, and many coins are stuck in staking as I understand it.

Stakenet activated segwit (p2sh and bech32) in summer 2018. Right after they enabled the lightning network and finally made their first atomic swap due to the lightning network a few weeks ago. The mainnet guide for the average linux operator was published a few days ago.

The decision to use segwit addresses is based on the previous risk of badly formatted transactions by bundling of micropayments in lightning channels which could cause different tx IDs for the same transaction. By avoiding this risk with the use of segwit addresses it is possible to upgrade the current masteenodes in so called watchtowers. These watchtowers are a combination of masternodes and lightning nodes and multi-payment-provider. Stakenet believes, that masternodes can be much more than just coinmixer, instant sender and governance provider. Therefore, we modify our masternoders (which already become watchtowers) again and empower them as lightning-channel manager and liquidity provider by using their colloteral to fund the lightning channel. Each masternodes will be a fullnode and lightning channel for at least stakenet with the possibility to add other fullnodes and lightning nodes on top of it for any other lightning compatible currency of your choice. In the end, every masternodes with the same fullnodes will act as a failover node for any other masternodes with the same specs. The result will be a highly liquid lightning network with no risk of coin hostage or delays of a pending channel opening/closing.

Best regards
JStarhead | X9 Dev

You sir are a beast of knawledge.
wolfington12

Activity: 17

View Profile
October 31, 2018, 10:50:41 PM

I'm hooked on XSN. This project has got so much going on that most people out there would think something like "but they have way too much shit going on, and will probably never reach it", but truth is, they are working on it regardless of the time it takes and they have a greater vision than just completing the developments, because they already planned out the entire project out 5 years ahead and knows that everything they are working on now, will work together flawlessly. Such as cold storage/staking/exchanging/payments, their DEX, their hardware product, their online site, their light wallets, their masternodes - well, just everything will be one big, very easy to use platform.

I love it.

Darn tootin!
hermesesus

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2018, 02:18:33 PM
Last edit: November 02, 2018, 04:58:20 PM by hermesesus

Lightning Swaps are not only the first stage of the Decentralized Exchange ("Stakenet dx").
They are also the first step towards Cross-Chain capabilities such as Cross-Chain Proof of Stake.
Cross-Chain PoS will allow you to stake XSN but be rewarded in any other Bitcoin Core-based coin.
The Vast Majority

Activity: 4

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 09:29:51 AM

By the way, I executed a Lightning Swap already. Nothing has ever got me in the child-like Christmas mood when talking about a project. XSN makes me feel like that, and that doesn't even have anything to do with the money I've invested. It's solely because something absolutely amazing is being created here.
cryptoronic

Activity: 37
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 06:30:40 PM

this is just brilliant news

is there any other coin out there that can handle swaps on lightening standard basis? or is this a world premiere? just crazy how this thing is still undervalued with that tech under the hood
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: