Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 04:29:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Presenting Algorand: The Blockchain for Business  (Read 317 times)
Algorand.Community (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2018, 02:32:56 PM

The Blockchain for Business

Founded by cryptography pioneer and Turing award winner, Silvio Micali, Algorand solves the “blockchain trilemma” with a platform that delivers decentralization, scalability and security. Algorand provides a foundation for existing businesses and new projects to operate globally in the emerging decentralized economy. Algorand’s first-of-its-kind, permissionless, pure proof-of-stake protocol supports the scale, open participation, and transaction finality required to build systems for billions of users.

www.algorand.com

Telegram: http://t.me/algorand
Meetup: https://www.meetup.com/Algorand-Boston-Blockchain-Meetup/

Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CryptopreneurBrainboss
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 4130

eXch.cx - Automatic crypto Swap Exchange.

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2018, 02:43:21 PM

This board is strictly for altcoin discussion (I.e only discussions related to altcoin should be posted here) not altcoin announcement. I believe the appropriate board for this is "Announcement threads for tokens " or somewhere else but not her so op kindly use the move button.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Raja_MBZ
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1505

View Profile
May 14, 2020, 05:58:44 PM

I tried to search for Algorand announcement thread in this section, and this is the only thread that I was able to find. For a project like Algorand, I believe that there should be a properly maintained announcement thread.

Is someone working on it or should I create one?
Mrpumperitis
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 1075

View Profile
July 19, 2020, 03:21:35 AM

https://www.coindesk.com/circle-coinbase-bring-usdc-stablecoin-to-algorands-blockchain
The CENTRE consortium, led by Coinbase and Circle, announced Thursday its U.S. dollar-backed stablecoin, USD Coin (USDC), would be launched on the Algorand blockchain as part of a new collaboration with the Algorand Foundation. 

It was bound to be listed since ALGO secures USDC
https://cointelegraph.com/news/algorand-spikes-30-after-surprise-coinbase-listing
Algorand’s market capitalization has hit a new all-time high after a sudden Coinbase listing sparked the third-strongest day of trade in the coin’s history.
On July 16, Coinbase abruptly announced that ALGO trading had been launched on Coinbase.com and the exchange’s apps. Trade volume for Algorand increased by nearly four times since in response to the listing, comprising the third-strongest day of trade in ALGO’s history.

Technically Bitcoin is a fork and Bitcoin Cash is the original blockchain.When the hard fork occurred, people had access to the same amount of coins on Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash.- NIST
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: