Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 12:54:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Which DAG cryptocurrency do you think is the best?  (Read 145 times)
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3234
Merit: 1364

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 04:13:47 PM

Recently, a new generation of cryptocurrencies have emerged with a different model than a regular Blockchain. They use a DAG (Directed Acrylic Graph) which promises to be much more efficient than traditional Blockchain technology. According to many cryptocurrency projects, this new technology is scalable. Because of this, ever since RaiBlocks was released (now known as NANO), a few DAG-based cryptocurrencies have emerged with the aim to make payments faster, and cheaper for the mainstream world.

Hence, I would like to know which DAG cryptocurrency do you think is the best? In my opinion, I believe that NANO is the best among them all, since it's primarily focused on payments. However, others such as IOTA and Hashgraph achieve the same purpose.

Nevertheless, what are your thoughts? Will it be NANO, IOTA, Hashgraph, Constellation, ByteBall, or Coti? Roll Eyes

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 02:19:01 AM

Bump

████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 06:54:03 AM

it is hard to say in my opinion mostly because none of them are that popular which means none of them are actually being used that much for us to analyze them properly. there are little differences between them too. for example they are all premined and distributed in more or less the same way with developer holding the same 1-5% of the supply to himself.
with exception of Byteball they don't have any transaction fees.
they all can handle more or less the same number of TPS or so they claim. Byteball: 100, IOTA: 500, NANO: 1000
the confirmation times are instant.
as far as i can tell there is a certain centralization about them, for instance you can not run a byteball witness node! the dev decides who runs that. not sure about others.

this is just things that i can remember from these coins. i would love to see some decent in depth and unbiased comparison if someone has it.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
Nnuego

Activity: 266
Merit: 4

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 07:06:31 AM

I recently happens upon a project in developmental stage which planned on running in the DAG algorithm and it made me research more on it, and projects which have been built on that technology.

This project has since switched over to ERC-20 for lack of expertise to run on the DAG platform.
I wouldn't want that to colour my opinion if the DAG algorithm.
So I would also like to know about current projects utilizing DAG.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
 Cowrium.net  ║A Multidimensional Blockchain & Smart Contract Innovation driven by Cowrie (https://www.cowrium.net/)
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 10:57:52 PM

it is hard to say in my opinion mostly because none of them are that popular which means none of them are actually being used that much for us to analyze them properly. there are little differences between them too. for example they are all premined and distributed in more or less the same way with developer holding the same 1-5% of the supply to himself.
with exception of Byteball they don't have any transaction fees.
they all can handle more or less the same number of TPS or so they claim. Byteball: 100, IOTA: 500, NANO: 1000
the confirmation times are instant.
as far as i can tell there is a certain centralization about them, for instance you can not run a byteball witness node! the dev decides who runs that. not sure about others.

this is just things that i can remember from these coins. i would love to see some decent in depth and unbiased comparison if someone has it.

Well, IOTA seems to be the most popular DAG cryptocurrency, IMO. It has seen a surge in price last year, and interest among investors since its focus is on the Internet of Things. On the other hand, Nano's focus is on fast and cheap micropayments for the world but not as popular as IOTA. If we were to compare the various DAG cryptocurrencies available, they're all the same in terms of scalability, as their speeds are relatively instant, and their scalability is infinite.

By the way, there's a new kid on the block which is called Hedera Hashgraph. It claims to be far more superior than Bitcoin and Ethereum in terms of TPS and low costs, but if you investigate its technicalities, you'll notice that it's just another DAG cryptocurrency. It shares many things in common of various DAG cryptocurrencies such as Byteball, IOTA, and NANO. As such, I believe that Hashgraph is nothing more than pure hype.

Nonetheless, as well as you do, I would love to see some deep comparisons between different DAG cryptocurrencies. Many of them claim high TPS and low costs, but they would need to be put up to the test in order to determine how their throughput would be with high network load. Perhaps, DAG is the future of cryptocurrency and Blockchain's successor, or perhaps not. All we must do is wait and see if cryptocurrencies that make use of a DAG gain mainstream adoption in the long run. Just my thoughts Grin

████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: