Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 05:01:34 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Etherum Hard Fork Delay  (Read 157 times)
coingrowth (OP)

Activity: 416
Merit: 21

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 07:34:32 PM

The fork, dubbed “Constantinople,” was first trialed on Ethereum public testnet Robsten on Oct. 13, and had been slated to be activated on the main Ethereum blockchain by the end of Oct.-Nov. this year. A testnet is essentially a simulated version of the primary network that allows developers to try out smart contracts or upgrades without having to pay “gas” for their execution.

Towards the end of their hour-long meeting yesterday, the devs finally reached a consensus that the Constantinople will at “the earliest” come in late January 2019.

Yesterday’s meeting followed after Constantinople’s debut on Robsten Oct. 13 had run into a series of hurdles; ahead of its activation at block 4,230,000, the fork stalled at block 4,299,999 for two hours, with testnet miners failing to activate the transition. Ethereum client developer Alfri Schoeden explained at the time this was due to “a consensus issue” that had triggered a “three-way fork” between Geth and Parity

As previously reported, the Constantinople hard fork is a system-wide Ethereum update designed to increase the network’s efficiency, and notably includes plans to reduce block rewards for miners, as well as to introduce changes to the network’s consensus mechanism that would make it more resistant to ASIC miners.
Hadarula

Activity: 252
Merit: 1

EVERID Decentralized platform for a new Economy

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 07:37:58 PM

The fork, dubbed “Constantinople,” was first trialed on Ethereum public testnet Robsten on Oct. 13, and had been slated to be activated on the main Ethereum blockchain by the end of Oct.-Nov. this year. A testnet is essentially a simulated version of the primary network that allows developers to try out smart contracts or upgrades without having to pay “gas” for their execution.

Towards the end of their hour-long meeting yesterday, the devs finally reached a consensus that the Constantinople will at “the earliest” come in late January 2019.

Yesterday’s meeting followed after Constantinople’s debut on Robsten Oct. 13 had run into a series of hurdles; ahead of its activation at block 4,230,000, the fork stalled at block 4,299,999 for two hours, with testnet miners failing to activate the transition. Ethereum client developer Alfri Schoeden explained at the time this was due to “a consensus issue” that had triggered a “three-way fork” between Geth and Parity

As previously reported, the Constantinople hard fork is a system-wide Ethereum update designed to increase the network’s efficiency, and notably includes plans to reduce block rewards for miners, as well as to introduce changes to the network’s consensus mechanism that would make it more resistant to ASIC miners.
there are a lot of peo
 who are now discussing ethereum and it is pretty u derstandable but with talks we will do nothing so lets just wait andd see

EVERID
│ Decentralized platform for a new economy │
Davidbaecker

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 05:29:09 AM

Well, the downfall and discouraged words from the ETh inventor has really made its existence at a stake. But it might emerge of it goes proper investors. So, just wait.
team87

Activity: 336
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 05:42:21 AM

Many people discuss ethereum out there, but I only listen and hope that ethereum prices will rise again to the top. Because want to admit it or not, it will all affect the condition of ethereum. Well, hopefully it's fine.
Ted DiBiase

Activity: 13

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 07:04:25 AM

That is a good data, but with the current condition and the general volatile nature of the market, it is really difficult to say how this will affect the crypto market. We can only wait and see what happens.
semes

Activity: 713
Merit: 31

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 07:14:50 AM

I think there are a number of problems in the Ethereum community. In every development stage, such problems arise. But Ethereum is a very important platform. I think it's a little more serious. Because it affects not only itself, but also many altcoins.
Rufuspetersko

Activity: 24

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 07:16:15 AM

Initially it does seem like there's a lot of room for improvement for the ethereum system with all the information regarding what they're doing to better improve. But still it's in a work in progress and can't really say anything about it until further time has passed and more work has been done on the matter to see actual results of the work that's been done. We'll have to wait it out and see.
BitcoinHodler

Activity: 1456
Merit: 579

HODLing is an art, not just a word...

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 07:43:26 AM

the biggest problem is that the problems are not solveable. all they can do is to change things around and hype the fork up for a little while so that they can pump ETH again since it has been dumping for nearly a year now and they need something to help them pump it back up again. but in the end any hard fork, specially this hard fork will introduce even more problems to the system.

Holding Bitcoin More Every Day
Isai Arnold

Activity: 23

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 04:16:00 PM

This upgrades are meant to make the ethereum network more efficient and less costly in terms of fees. They postponed the release because they found bugs in the code that was released on a test network. They didn't want to rush things.
chocopapaya

Activity: 686
Merit: 131

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2018, 04:20:45 PM

ETH is great, but it really shows its flaws for many to see.
I guess this is good because, transparency and all, but for the investor it is depressing.
Also, development is always steady but does seem to take too long.

I am not, of course, a techie at all.  I don't proclaim to understand the technical difficulties.
however, perception and trust I do understand, and eth has lost a lot of it this year.
On top of that, you have fabulous smart contract platforms popping up left and right, it is reasonable to wonder if ETH can hold its spot.
The natural successor will be neo, it is the furthest along and has the second highest ecosystem.
But a lot of the newer ones are boasting superior tech.
If they can penetrate the market, they can easily overtake eth.

OneCoinMan

Activity: 644
Merit: 12

Alternative investment banking platform

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 04:31:40 PM

Just a delay, it is not necessary to attach great importance to this.
Also: Vitalik Buterin Says Ethereum’s 1000x Capacity Upgrade Is Coming. I saw this recently in the news, it seems that Vitalik himself is preparing an update.

───────────────    IMO Ecosystem    ───────────────
Customer First, Innovation from Everyone, Fair & Transparent
TELEGRAM  ]              J O I N   U S              [   TWITTER   ]
biletskiy

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 05:10:00 PM

Louis Kuandi (co-founder of Blockchain 2.0) makes great positive predictions for Ethereum. Such optimistic expectations are based on the development of the Enterprise Ethereum Alliance alliance. The alliance has already included JP Morgan, Santander, Microsoft, Intel.   
tycsols

Activity: 812
Merit: 10

BountyMarketCap

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 07:18:09 PM

I think this is one of the biggest and most important upgrade for eth network but at the same time i was little disappointed due to the announcement of delay in the upgrade i still think that this upgrade should have been implemented this year, we are already effect of this delay in the market otherwise eth would have been on the journey of reversal by now.

●   KEEP CALM & HODL   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  KCH  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
braves182

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

The BISTOX exchange - OWN WHAT YOU TRADE

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2018, 09:09:21 PM

I was waiting for this hardfork, it could become an impulse for the growth of ether. But, if the hardfork were to fail, we could see much sadder consequences. Apparently, the developers had doubts and they understand how important it is to avoid mistakes, given how many real competitors appeared last year in the market of smart contracts. It's okay!

█▀▄ ▀ ▄▀▀ ▀█▀ ▄▀▄ █░█
THE MOST ADVANCED AND SAFE CRYPTOCURRENCY █▀█ █ ░▀▄ ░█░ █░█ ▄▀▄WHITEPAPERTWITTERFACEBOOKTELEGRAMONEPAGER
EXCHANGE IN THE WORLD ▀▀░ ▀ ▀▀░ ░▀░ ░▀░ ▀░▀⬡the B I S T O X exchange⬡
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: