Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 06:25:50 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Journey from gambling to trading  (Read 2836 times)
harleymasters

Activity: 225
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 02:37:45 AM

New investors entering the market are all products of the FOMO series, they just realized when they got enough failure. To me crypto is a rather risky venture capital channel. But this is not a way to get rich quick. Never forget it if you do not want to pay too much!! Good luck!
thesmallgod

Activity: 1498
Merit: 129

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 06:37:02 AM

It has happen to me in the past. I use to be a sport betting gambler but when I switch to trading I discover that there are many risk involve in trading as well but you can actually minimize your lost compare to betting that you can lose all your money within few minute in a acca. the first thing anyone interested in trading should be consider doing is to learn how to trade. actually this is not as easy as gambling because in gambling you do not actually need to do much reading .
Duogembrot

Activity: 476

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 07:15:44 AM

when you have not done gambling and have switched to the world of commerce it is the best choice and it is very wise because you do not do gambling that can make you a loss, while for trade you can still make money safely.
PizzaBTC

Activity: 555
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 08:08:24 AM

either you done it professionally with studies, research, TA. else what you doing is gambling.
Well, that is one thing a lot of people will always need to realize when it comes to the idea of gambling. Gambling for one thing I am sure of is that there are no way you can gamble at all without at least getting emotional and losing big time in the end. Now, a lot of people approaches trading in this manner which is one of the reasons why they find it very difficult to even know what to do at certain point in time when it comes to making good trades, and they eventually end up flopping pretty badly.

Trading is a whole lot more than just gambling your positions, you need to have a strategy and you need to know how to do things right, which in this case, if you manage to hit the trading platform without a strategy, you will be doomed before you even start.
neonshium

Activity: 1134
Merit: 515

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 09:54:00 AM

Yes, indeed, before you start trading on the cryptocurrency exchange yourself, you need to have a good level of knowledge. Many coming to this market, I think that here you can easily earn and in the end they lose money. Lucky few. Therefore, first you need to get at least basic knowledge, and then regularly improve the level of knowledge.
for people like that, of course there are two possibilities, first, they are traumatized and leave cryptocurrency, and secondly, they are curious to learn crypto, and finally they become experienced traders
Actually, most people like this always end up freaking out and bailing out eventually, but the thing here is that they really need to understand that there is absolutely no way they can do well in trading if they manage to keep seeing trading as gambling.

The first level of approach people take into trading will determine if they will be able to do well or not, or if they will be open to learning or not. In some cases, some of them like the OP usually learn from their mistakes, have a come around to learn and then do things better, but in most cases, for most traders who do this, they just get frustrated and bail out pretty fast.
amd6678

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 10:19:11 AM

Depending on how you trade it is still gambling.

You are like betting the price will move on the direction you bet.

Would you also call trading with TA gambling too? I thought once a trade placed is a product of some analyses, then it isn't gambling. In gambling it's either head or tail and you're definitely on one side of the bargain, but in trading, you're on both sides technically as you set TP prices and SL prices should things not go as planned and you're taken out of the trade.
yes gambling is hero or zero , they can lose full capital in gambling and it completely depends upon luck
in trading with correct money management traders can earn money with confident
Emitdama

Activity: 1778
Merit: 328

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 12:20:40 PM
Merited by Ewinsane (1)

in gambling we need only one thing that is money

but in trading we need many things other than money,money management , emotion control , analysis , i can say Trading  is professional gambling  Grin Grin
Unfortunately, for a lot of people that got into trading, they actually took it as gambling, and they thought if they can at least have some pretty good bucks to trade, that is good enough for them, but they fail to realize that there is actually no chance at all to make something good out of trading if you think only your money is what will get you there.

The reason so many people who tend to trade well today, went through the process of learning and practicing over time to get better is because they understood immediately the value of knowledge and know pretty well that without it, there is actually not going to be any chance at all for them in making anything substantial from trading which at the end would just frustrate their efforts.
otundebis

Activity: 630

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 03:00:52 PM

Trading is not gambling no matter what your outcome is.  The moment you have an head or tail scenario,  that is when you could say you are gambling.  In trading however,  you could prevent a lots of eventualities and practically safe yourself from loss If you are diligent at your trade!

Ewinsane

Activity: 980
Merit: 523

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 03:11:00 PM

in gambling we need only one thing that is money

but in trading we need many things other than money,money management , emotion control , analysis , i can say Trading  is professional gambling  Grin Grin
Unfortunately, for a lot of people that got into trading, they actually took it as gambling, and they thought if they can at least have some pretty good bucks to trade, that is good enough for them, but they fail to realize that there is actually no chance at all to make something good out of trading if you think only your money is what will get you there.

The reason so many people who tend to trade well today, went through the process of learning and practicing over time to get better is because they understood immediately the value of knowledge and know pretty well that without it, there is actually not going to be any chance at all for them in making anything substantial from trading which at the end would just frustrate their efforts.
Normally, anyone that gets to see trading as gambling is someone who would in the long run wish they never had such mentality because there is no way they will never get burned. Trading is something that can be quite rewarding if you take your time to get the knowledge you need as well as the experience from practice without having to rush anything. As long as you have the mindset that you want to hurriedly start making huge bucks from trading without any knowledge and strategy, which is where the problem is going to start for you as an individual.
arikassuja

Activity: 535
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 03:21:29 PM

You should already know that gambling clearly has a very high risk than trading and of course by trading you can get profits more easily and certainly when you lose your assets are not immediately lost. trading is the best way and as much as possible you don't enter the gambling world anymore.
oceantiger

Activity: 308
Merit: 8

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 03:40:30 PM

Interesting write up. Those who believe in quick money and has run into crypto  without first learning the art of trading will always cry. There is a need for any person to learn a skill which is needed to undergo whatsoever trades they wanted to venture in. You must pay your dues to succeed. That is the simple thruth.
Leonard2016

Activity: 1036
Merit: 520

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 05:50:38 PM

I completely understand , I was very like you , I just wanted to jump in like a baby that just see sea!
I was too excited by cryptocurrency world that I didn't consider its side effects , Then I made a big loss and then decided to read more and trade with more cautious .

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
Adriano2010

Activity: 1414
Merit: 516

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2018, 05:58:05 PM

I gambling so much in past, but after i found crypto in 2015, now i do much trading and i gamble only some times. For me is more profitable to trade than gamble, i have much bets lost on a single match where known teams has lose the match and the odd for their victory was so low, under 1.5 for most tickets lost.
nydiacaskey01
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1036

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 05:59:43 PM

I was just putting money and watching that i would make profit after some days i made a huge loss and i knew after losing that i was gambling
now i am have learnt many things about trading and now making little profits
Play or trade only money that you can afford to lose. DON'T play with your life savings, emergency fund, educational funds for the kids and retirements.

My last saying is never put your hard earned money in to market before learning , it will take lot of time and effort to make profits, 1st learn then earn don't c profits while learning     
I agree with the learn to earn, it should NOT be the other way around. Invest in learning, attend seminars about trading. Don't worry about the fees in attending those seminar.
maydna

Activity: 2968
Merit: 556

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 12:16:31 AM

Many of us have the same experience as you. Some of us can learn more about trading while some of us are not. Trading is not as easy as buy and sell only. We need to know about the trend, the chart movements, the price to buy and sell, how to pick the right coin, and many others. When we trade, sometimes we can earn much profit on the same day, but in the other time, we need to hold for a while, and like what we experience now, we are waiting for a long time before the price increase. So when you want to make a profit from trading, you need to spend the time to learn because with learning about trading, you have a chance to make more profit.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
techiegirl18

Activity: 28

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 01:16:03 AM

Absolutely true, newbies tend to invest a lot in trading after hearing some good shills. Later on got loss when the coin got rekt.  Lesson to this is to learn first about the company behind you are investing or else everything you will spend is gambling.

When i started trading i didn't know about money management , risk to reward , psychology and many things
I was just putting money and watching that i would make profit after some days i made a huge loss and i knew after losing that i was gambling
My last saying is never put your hard earned money in to market before learning , it will take lot of time and effort to make profits, 1st learn then earn don't c profits while learning     
manggis97

Activity: 476
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 01:48:42 AM

To make our self to be professional trader need times and effort,  we will make it only by diligent to learn about risk management and trading plan.  All trader who always learn from the mistake will have new energy to trade and possible to become expert trader that will reach financial freedom.

marketone
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 03:27:50 AM

Even now still many people participating in gambling even they overcome from the loss. We have to be very careful when dealing with the gambling because most of the people will lose money through gambling and trading is a completely different job where we can make money by predicting and analysis about the coin.
Work4cryptos

Activity: 34

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 11:13:40 AM

When i started trading i didn't know about money management , risk to reward , psychology and many things
Some people are doing the same thing with the idea in mind that they are trading and not knowing that what they are doing is just gambling. I have done such a thing when I was into forex trading: I would just invest money and be guessing what might be the next turn and kept losing my money. I never knew that you need to make some research and understand everything about trading first before whatever you want to do.
ramahero01

Activity: 518

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 02:07:15 PM

I think gambling with trading is very different. if gambling, of course, will never know when to win. while for trading we can learn and we analyze how the movement so that for people with a lot of experience about trading of course the profit will be more easily obtained every day.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: