Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 07:13:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Should We Diversify Our Investments?  (Read 1426 times)
Striker17

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

0x860FA3F15AcDFC7c7B379085EaC466645285237d

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 05:09:53 AM

Absolutely right, in investment the better and the best thing to do is to diversify or to spread out our capital to gain more good outcome, but we must know and pick the most and good project before we invest in it.

AIGO Adoption Blockchain e-Commerce to World

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Mytoken

Activity: 392

Fast, Smart, Trustworthy

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 05:12:15 AM

I think it all depends on how much trust and recognition you have for the coins you are investing in. Concentrated investment can get enough profit from a rise, but it can also make you bankrupt!

FST Network   Fast, Smart, Trustworthy.   Bounty
Medium   Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
aencarnaci

Activity: 448
Merit: 281

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 05:31:54 AM

Common wisdom for new investors is always of the 'don't put all your eggs in one basket' type. Don't invest all your investment capital in one company. Diversify so that at least if  one investment fails, the other will carry you through. Is there a similar type of advice for crypto currency investors? Is it better to concentrate on investment in just one crypto currency? Or should we diversify? I would love to know what others have to say about this.
It all depends on how much money you have. The more you have the more diversification you will need. If you have at most couple hundred bucks than you do not have to, I mean you can still get couple coins but don't really need to diversify $200 at all. If you have couple thousand dollars than you can diversify in crypto and get tens of different coins and you can spend most of your money on known coins and put smaller amounts for some new coins that has a potential to skyrocket in the future (only put up like 1% of your investments into these).

If you have hundreds of thousands of dollars (which I have seen in crypto world some people have it) than you should surely diversify outside of crypto as well, put up some of it to stocks, others into bonds, some into golds and even real estate lands if you can afford to. Putting all of your money is a bigger risk if you have a lot of money, if you diversify into multiple stuff than you will be safe from any drops in one of them.
jambul_kribo

Activity: 980
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 05:36:59 AM

Yes, I do think it is important to diversify our investments. In my case, I hold crypto coins and stocks. IMO, it is good to hold crypto coins that have potential to grow. So it is difficult to determine the number of different coins to invest in.
diversify our portofolio is way to avoid suffering big loss.what will we do if our cryptocurrency suddenly banned and we couldnot sell it at all.off course our money gone.its different if we split into several place.

▄▄▄ ▄▄  ███▄████▄ ▄▄▄
████████▄███████████
▄█
██████████████████▄███
▀█████████████████████▀
██████████████████
██████████████
███████████
▐███████████████████▌
███████████████████
▐█████████████████▌
███████▀▄▀███████
▐██████▄▀▀██████▌
▀▀███████████▀▀
                          ███
                         ▀▀▀
                    ███▄▀
                   ▄
▀▀▀
             ▄███▄▀      ████
       ▄███▄▀ ▀▀▀        ████
  ███▄▀ ▀▀▀        █████ ████
  ▀▀▀              █████ ████
             █████ ████ ████
       █████ ████ ████ ████
 ████ ████ ████ ████ ████
 ████ ████ ████ ████ ████
███████████████████████████████
VALUE INCREASES
    NEVER DECREASES
THE WORLD'S MOST POWERFUL
STORE OF VALUE CURRENCY

|     Twitter     |   Facebook  |  Instagram  |   Telegram  |    Discord    |
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████████
████████████████████████████████████████     ███████████
BUY NOW

███████████     ████████████████████████████████████████
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████████
79b79aa8d5047da6d3XX

Activity: 660
Merit: 101

Colletrix - Bridging the Physical and Virtual Worl

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 06:22:56 AM

Common wisdom for new investors is always of the 'don't put all your eggs in one basket' type. Don't invest all your investment capital in one company. Diversify so that at least if  one investment fails, the other will carry you through. Is there a similar type of advice for crypto currency investors? Is it better to concentrate on investment in just one crypto currency? Or should we diversify? I would love to know what others have to say about this.
You will never succeed if you just focus on investing in an altcoin. And your risk of loss is high if you only invest in an altcoin. In all areas are the same, Do not invest in one place, Please share the appropriate ratio in the crypto market, invest at least 3-5 altcoin

eagle10

Activity: 840
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2018, 06:27:44 AM

I believe we should diversify so that we can avoid being lost all our investment in one coin. If you diversify, when one coin lost its value we still have other coin to look to avoid losing all. We cannot fail in all.
skeincoin
Copper Member

Activity: 50
Merit: 5

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 06:48:58 AM

ofcourse diversify!

Some stockmarket, some bonds, some crypto. In whatever percentage is suitable for you. Only you can know..Smiley There is a lot of good reads about this subject. Take some time for it.
CreamIce

Activity: 126
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 11:29:26 AM

A lot in crypto market applies to you based on what exactly you want to achieve? Even with so much vulnerability and volatility, you will find people investing their full time to this market.

So you first and foremost need to underline, how much time and money you can afford to invest in crypto market?
Then you must do a thorough research and outline your favorite coins and projects. Read as much as you can and decide your stakes.
Thumb rule is to never put everything in one basket.
choychoy

Activity: 238
Merit: 2

ADAB-First crypto exchange Islamic Crypto exchange

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 11:42:25 AM

I think we need to diversify as we have many good currency to consider. It's a volatile market and we can't predict if your single investment will always give you profits. Better to have at least 5 good currency that has good team and community to have a better chances in getting our profits.

ADAB Solutions
 First crypto exchange Islamic Crypto Exchange
http://www.adabsolutions.com
marcitosi

Activity: 196

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 11:49:21 AM

Of course, you need to diversify your funds because you cannot be sure that this or that coin will grow. I would prefer to keep 30 percent still in Fiat

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████ BITZON ███████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
● ● ▬▬▬▬▬ First Marketplace Powered by the Blockchain ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ●[/url]
https://bitzon.io/
sergei1703

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 12:06:59 PM

Diversification - it is the main rule in crypto sphere, for example in trading, holding, or something else. Don't put all eggs in one basket (don't buy one asset at all money you have).
tytanhamon04

Activity: 210

A nexgen decentralized ride hailing

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 12:13:31 PM

I believe that the diversification of risks in the investment market is an integral part of the work as your job is to increase profits through investment. You should always allocate roads for investment !

DRIFE ●●
█ NEXGEN DECENTRALIZED RIDE HAILING PLATFORM █
●●● 
dulinivanrus

Activity: 210

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2018, 12:33:05 PM

It is necessary to diversify risks in the market if you do not do this, you can lose everything. Never invest all your money in one coin. Distribute the Deposit ! I was already mistaken and when I started to diversify investments to me there was a profit !

✦ ZOPTAX ✦
❝ Disrupting VOIP with Blockchain ❞
Coltpython

Activity: 700
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2018, 12:46:53 PM

The rule applies to crypto too as it is also seen as a form of investment. There are tons of shitcoins out there and it is hard to predict those that will yield good profit over time. Best thing is to diversify and spread your investments across different good coins so that if one fails, you can rely on others.

Saint1990

Activity: 196

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 03:13:26 PM

Yes its better to diversify cryptocurrency portfolio to be on safer side and to don't miss chance of gain from other coins. Diversify your portfolio in altcoins which are offering blockchain infrastructures & are comepetitors of ethereum blockchains like TRON, ADA, ZIL, EOS, NEO, XLM and also you can choose other altcoins too based on the market conditions. But investments in blockchain infrastructure projects have always been very less riskier as compare to other altcoins.

weborsha

Activity: 560

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 03:28:39 PM

No matter how many baskets full of eggs you may have, you must be able to take control of every one of them. As long as you feel you can do it, you can add coins one by one in your portfolio)

losiva

Activity: 206

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 03:32:57 PM

You are right about that, it's even more better to invest in other things other than cryptos, if you make money in cryptos you can invest in other things that is not crypto related so that if anything happens you will have where to relay on.
ballerin and giroud

Activity: 868
Merit: 16

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 03:40:15 PM

If you see the crypto currency market I'm not sure about that, every altcoin price are very dependent on the price of bitcoin even though there are only a few that don't follow but most of the altcoin prices follow the price of bitcoin. For this reason, it is very useless if you divide your capital to choose bitcoin and altcoin, you simply choose bitcoin to invest. But if you choose altcoin to invest, I think deversify can function as long as you can find altcoins that don't follow the price of bitcoin.
dagelan

Activity: 423

BitbondSTO.com

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 03:50:06 PM

yes, we have to diversify the investment product or portfolio that we will choose, it is important to make technical analysis and predict it in the future

Moeda

Activity: 1524
Merit: 270

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 04:40:42 PM

Actually, you do not have to follow such advice, because crypto investment is an absolute decision for you. Every coin or token has a development team, and they have their own way of increasing the value of their coin exchange. So I think when you make a decision you must be prepared for all the risks.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: