Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 03:46:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Should We Diversify Our Investments?  (Read 1426 times)
cudora
Copper Member

Activity: 336
Merit: 3

Cryptoknowmics - World's First Decentralized Media

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 04:42:39 PM

Diversification is the number one rule. You always need to diversificate everything and in the best case among different branches. So if you invested 50 percents of your savings in crypto, invest the other in the stock market.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
shinchan123

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 04:45:22 PM

Common wisdom for new investors is always of the 'don't put all your eggs in one basket' type. Don't invest all your investment capital in one company. Diversify so that at least if  one investment fails, the other will carry you through. Is there a similar type of advice for crypto currency investors? Is it better to concentrate on investment in just one crypto currency? Or should we diversify? I would love to know what others have to say about this.

Most investors diversify their investments because of the market risk. Cryptocurrency market is risky since crypto demand and price is volatile. By diversification of investment, you can somehow lessen the risk on losing your money if ever the one of your investment's price drops.
Aiberg
Copper Member

Activity: 153
Merit: 4

CCECOIN

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 05:01:02 PM

The more the merrier, that has always been my motto, I prefer diversifying my portfolio but I always make sure that Bitcoin, Ethereum and EOS are dominating the portfolio, these are three projects I believe in.

✦ ───    CCECOIN   ─── ✦
✔   Decentralized & Transparent Peer to Peer Trading Ecosystem  ✔
✦ ────────  Facebook Twitter Instagram LinkedInTelegramYouTube  ──────── ✦
ShadowBits

Activity: 994
Merit: 504

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 05:36:57 PM

Common wisdom for new investors is always of the 'don't put all your eggs in one basket' type. Don't invest all your investment capital in one company. Diversify so that at least if  one investment fails, the other will carry you through. Is there a similar type of advice for crypto currency investors? Is it better to concentrate on investment in just one crypto currency? Or should we diversify? I would love to know what others have to say about this.

If you have a lot of capital then it is advisable to diversify your investment. But like me who only has $500 of investment I just put it in one investment.
bahnfire

Activity: 139
Merit: 1

The World’s First Blockchain Core

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 05:56:54 PM

I like diversification. Yes ı believe we need to choose like 3 or 4 altcoins. Not more than this but we shouldnt invest to one coin with all of our money. 2 or 3 altcoins is best for i think for diversification.
I can be feel more comfortable with that.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ■       SKYNET.co       ■ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     PRIVATE SALE is LIVE     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▌
rjp55

Activity: 798
Merit: 250

CurioInvest [IEO Live]

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2018, 05:58:27 PM

Its investment 101 lesson. You should always diversify your investment, otherwise its nothing more than gambling or bet. Smart investors are always diversifies their portfolios.

░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░                                         
              ░░▒▓▓███▓▓░░████████████████▓░                                   
          ░▓▓▓▒██████████░ ███████████████████▒                                 
       ░▓██▒░  ███████████▓ ▒███████████████████▓▓▓▓▓████▓▓                     
  ▒▓▓▓██▒     ████████   ▒██░ ██████████▓▒░      █████████████████▓▓▒░         
 ▓█▒░░        ▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓  ░▒███░ ▓▓▓▒░░   ░░▒▒▓▓███▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒       ░▒▓███████▓▒░   
 █                                               ░▒▒▓▓██████████▓▒░░░▒▓██████▓█
 █▒  ▒▓▓▒░▒▓█▓▓▓▒▒▒▒░░                                    ░▒▓▓████████▓▓▒░   ▒█
 ░█ ▒████▓  ▒▒░▒▒▓▓▓▓██████████▓▓▓▒▒▒░                            ░▒      ░▓██ 
  ▒███▒▓▓██  ░              ▒░░█████▓▓▓▓██▓▓▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░░          ░░ ▓██████▓▓▒
    ▓█▓▓▒▓█▓ ▒              ▒▒▓███  ███████████▓▓█▓░░▒▒░░░  ▓███████▓████████ ▓█
     ░█  ▓██▓▒░░▒▓▓▓▓▓████████▓░   ████▒▒▓▓▓▓██████      ░ ████████▒█████▓▒  ▒█
      ▓▓▓▓████▓▒░░                ▒███ ░███▓█▓▓████░    ▓ ████████▓▓█▓▒    ▓▓▓ 
      ░▓█████▓▒▓██████▓▒░         ▒██▓ ██▒  ██▓▓████    ▒  ░            ▒██▒   
        ░▒         ░▒▓█████████▓▒  ██▒ █▓    ██▒█████    ▒▒▒░░░▒░░░█▓▒▓██▓     
                          ░▒▓█████████ ██    ▓█▒█████▓             ░▓██▓       
                                  ░▒▓█▓ ██ ░▒██░██████▓  ▒▒▒░   ▒▓███▒         
                                      █▓▒▓████░▓████▓ ▓▓▓██████████░           
                                       ▓█▓▓▓▓▓█████▓          ░▒▒               
                                         ▒▓▓██▓▒░                               

|
|

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ███████████▀     ██ ██
██ ██████████▌   ▄▄▄██ ██
██ ██████████   ██████ ██
██ ███████          ██ ██
██ ███████▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄██ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██

██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
|
Whitepaper
Ann Thread
Bounty Thread
pixie85

Activity: 2142
Merit: 524

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 08:08:41 PM

If you have a choice between equal assets it's wise to differentiate. For example if you are holding gold it's wise to get some silver, maybe some gold and silver coins too because they will have collectors value even when the metal loses some. In cryptocurrencies most are not equal. If you have BItcoin it's unwise to sell it to get some BCH and diversify this way. Most coins depend on Bitcoin so just hold Bitcoin.
Hamphser

Activity: 2478
Merit: 326

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 08:14:54 PM

Diversify would be always the best choice and as long you do have the money to invest on then i suggest its better to scattered your investment rather than focusing or getting all in on a single coin or investment and as being said you wont really get the chance to recover losses if you have failed on your main investment unlike if you do have other you still have the options for recovery.
Some people do have the capability since they do have the money but most of the time people doesnt have much money to spent on.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
joelsamuya

Activity: 532
Merit: 41

https://emirex.com

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 08:17:23 PM

Diversifying is one of the key in making profits and avoiding the major loss, YES and its a recommended one, even in crypto world, we need to determined which coins is best to invest in, and put our money to them not just one coin but many. I agree definitely that its a must.
ivanleon

Activity: 280

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 08:57:05 PM

Of course now we can create the extended investment portfolio, over time, with the exception of a failed investment, which obviously will not give income in the future. It's harder than it looks. Personally, I decided to slowly buy a variety of coins, when they once again sink to the bottom.
pinoy.bolanon

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

"In CryptoEnergy we trust"

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 09:02:28 PM

Of course, but its a prerogative for every investor. Its a general advice that diversification is a matter of safe keeping your invested money to avoid any such big loss of investments, just think it clearly that almost all investors suggested to diversify, that means it is based on their experienced.

┈┈┈┈┈ VECTORIUM ┈┈┈┈┈
In CryptoEnergy we trust
┈┈┈┈┈ MEDIUMTWITTERTELEGRAM ┈┈┈┈┈
travwill

Activity: 1313
Merit: 278

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 09:05:09 PM

Diversification is the thing that once saved me from a terrible mistake, I wanted to invest all my money in a project that eventually turned out to be a scam. Only this rule saved me and my funds.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████
██                ▄▄▄███████▄▄                 ██
██             ▄███▀▀        ▀▀▄               ██
██▄▄███████▀  ███▀                             ██
██▀█▄▄       ███▀   ▐███████▄    ▄██▄          ██
██  ▀███▄▄▄ ███▌    ▐██    ██    ▀██▀          ██
██      ▀▀█████▌    ▐███████▀           ▀▀██▄▄ ██
██          ███▌    ▐██ ▄▄▄                 ▀████
██           ███▄   ▐██  ▀██▄ ▀▀▀███████████▀▀ ██
██            ████▄             ▄█▀            ██
██             ▀████▄▄▄     ▄▄██▀              ██
██                ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀                ██
█████████████████████████████████████████████████
VIRTUAL WORLDS
BLOCKCHAIN INFRASTRUCTURE
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
D I S C O R D     
M E D I U M     
G I T B O O K     
smoolae

Activity: 602
Merit: 106

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 09:27:58 PM

Diversification is indeed a good way to stop bigger losses happening (though you can still lose big if the market takes a bearish turn). You have to remember though that taking too many coins to your portfolio means less attention to news and facts. You just will not have enough time.

cytpoway121

Activity: 1540
Merit: 68

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 09:49:03 PM

I think it is very good to have several investments
It’s called precautionary trading in my dictionary
But it is still important to buy series of important tokens
Else all tokens ends up as loss
Kotone

Activity: 1372
Merit: 503

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2018, 09:56:57 PM

Diversification in terms of financial sector, like real estate, stocks and other market capitalisations. Follow the concentrated strategy that you study some crypto and only pick less than 3-5 of them to invest in if you're the fundamentalist person that hold the project in longer term. In short diversify in different sectors and not in one field like buying the top 10 only. That's security that is really not applicable in crypto space coz of the volatility.

b3llsf1l3s

Activity: 616
Merit: 12

Send&Receive Money Instantly, w/ no hidden costs

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2018, 10:20:56 PM

diversify certainly also reduces risk in our portfolio, putting investment in one part is not a good thing, especially in cryptocurrency. better to get a little profit but continuously. When trading, one day we lose, and one day we win. what's important is what and how our strategy is to reduce the risk of losing it

coinporch

Activity: 1036
Merit: 252

Dolphins Finance TRUSTED FINANCE

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 10:37:35 PM

yes, we must diversify our investments to minimize the risk of investments,,
imagine if we only invest in one cryptocurrencies,, then our investments assets is down harder,, we will lost a our money my friend  Wink

masterchief001

Activity: 585
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 10:58:32 PM

Should be there! You should diversify your investment in the electronic money market. So you can make a lot of money in the money market without fear of losing money. I also need to change the e-money investment strategy to suit the overall situation of the market.
JPSelzer

Activity: 689
Merit: 14

World's First Crowd Owned Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 11:03:48 PM

I believe that the diversification strategy works in almost all areas. This is very important when investing in anything. Especially in crypto currencies. Crypto this is not a lottery where everything depends on your luck. Here you need to develop a win-win strategy to achieve a good result.

Nasonn

Activity: 616

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 11:33:30 PM

Diversification has enormous benefits although it has its accompanying risks too. Instead putting all your eggs in one basket when you diverse your risks become minimal.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: