Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 06:51:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: New ways to fight corruption  (Read 737 times)
lokanot0

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2018, 03:30:05 AM

We do not need intelligent government officials, the more knowledgeable that official the more corrupt he is because he knows the ways how to escape being caught even while being corrupt. We need someone who has the passion to help the poor people and educate them, not someone who just gives money just to be elected.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
darklus123

Activity: 1246
Merit: 588

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 03:35:45 AM

This is a good topic to discuss, since today is the current local election day period in the philippines(May 14 , 2018). I will be giving my opinion for this topic based on where and what am I currently experiencing.

True that this is one of the problem, Ironically what is currently happening in my country is that people who were protesting are actually paid by a certain politician(or some sort of syndicate) to destroy the image of the opposite party.

Thanks for your opinion but actually this doesn't solve the problem. I can still remember there were one time that there are certain group of protesters who were asking for a house. They rant over on a certain place that is a government property who's currently building free houses to homeless people but haven't distributed yet. This protestants occupied the said houses. Now there were certain debates if the government should allow it or not and luckily the government was convinced to give it to them for free. And then a few months after this protestants are planning again to have a rally saying this words " what are those houses for if we don't have something to eat".

Now that what actually triggers the other citizens. So the point was this protests actually doesn't solve the problem because most of them will start to demand too much that makes the other citizens opportunity to be served by the government becomes unfair.

Plus most of the people who complains about how corrupt the government are was also the people who voted them on the election because they were paid. It just boils down to us voters in the first place. If we have the discipline to vote the right person then we might decrease the corruption in our country.

Godgreat95

Activity: 47

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 05:33:06 PM

I think the best way to fight corruption is to lay heavy taxes on those that live a life of materialism
morufu2016

Activity: 17

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 01:50:51 PM

To my view the issue is on the correct application of rules and regulations and the sanction against those who do not comply to these rules.If people firstly concentrate on the respect of rules and régulations that govern the entity (family, enterprise, government, Council, country)and systematically apply sanctions against those (whoever they could be regardless of their rank, grade or cast) who depart from thèse rules, corruption will disappear without any other additional remedy. We need to change the paradigm.
Kambala07

Activity: 31

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 06:23:04 PM

The only way to stop or fight corruption is to strictly enforce transparency on all transactions made by the Government. Everything must be 100% accurate and transparent. The process should also be shortened so it will be easier to trace back or check files. The longer the payment process, the more you can be cheated. The government knows about this but they seem to ignore it because they are the ones earning from PROCESS.
tegaisaffluent

Activity: 266

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 10:11:32 PM

New ways to fight corruption include majorly ensuring that the country has a data base that has every one that is within the country's territory data so that they can get their Bank Verification Number, and run a single treasury account because Governments have vast sums of public money to spend  and this can pose a serious corruption risk. By keeping tabs on government expenditure, you can help shed light on how your country’s taxes are being spent. In my country, Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation that is ran by government has over ten accounts just in N.N.P.C alone and this makes accountability difficult.
Making sure that every institution that has to do with fighting corruption is strengthened by law.
JessAnd

Activity: 45

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 02:38:29 PM

Yes you have spoken well, Surely transparency and accountability at all levels should form part of the response? If the citizenry and the media can't tell what's happening, how are they to expect more sources of corruption? There should be an enforcement of rules and regulations, but only if they work. Building strong, transparent, accountable institutions that citizens can trust is surely crucial, and trust is the foundation of legitimacy.

From my life experience it's a vicious circle: people feed the corruption because they don't want to do things according to the rules, and corrupted power keeps coming up with more rules to make things even more complicated and involve more people into corrupted activity. Not sure if there's an end to that, but if the fight was to start I'd say it should start from bottom up (ie by people refusing to give bribes). But then again, in many parts of the world it does sound like "Mission: Impossible"... It would take real maturity of the society to get to that point...
Admsessan

Activity: 30

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 04:55:29 PM

Corruption is not only about bribes, People especially the poor get hurt when resources are wasted. That’s why it is so important to understand the different kinds of corruption to develop smart responses.
ETHenthusiast

Activity: 34

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 05:01:06 PM

Corruption is not only about bribes, People especially the poor get hurt when resources are wasted. That’s why it is so important to understand the different kinds of corruption to develop smart responses.

Please do share ideas how to (NOT sarcastic!).
Some of the people that I know could use some sophisticated ways to resist their govts.
cryptowin1

Activity: 140
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 05:58:51 PM

I think corruption should fight by enforce monthly payment of rent. I think government should pass a law for tenants to pay monthly rents to their landlord  inorder to carry out this policy and make it succeed also government should build more houses to create a competition in the property market
fordharrison

Activity: 112

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2018, 08:02:30 PM

Hope this reply of mine won't be deleted, because it is my opinion and I don't care if it is interesting for someone or not. In my country we have a quatation "all new is good forgotten old". So a working way is the hardest punishment that allows your country. Sure the fear of that well stop the corruptionists
Tokenicide

Activity: 17

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2018, 06:58:38 AM

I used to think that blockchain technology could assist with fighting corruption. Not anymore. In theory I guess it could. Whether anyone actually uses it effectively to do that is another question.  For a community that constantly talks about transparency, accountability, and self-regulation, the crypto ecosystem (and especially ICOs) are incredibly corrupt. If they aren’t willing to self-regulate, who is?

https://www.tokenicide.com/opinion/fall-guy-ico-industry/
Bennix
Copper Member

Activity: 210
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2018, 06:08:48 AM

Corruption is a cankerworm that has eaten dip into the fabrics of almost all our institution in the world and for corruption to be stopped everyone has a role to play. First and foremost, people should ensure there is a past  track record of each and everyone they will vote for via using blockchain distributed network.
People should know about all the fund allocated to capital and non capital project and as well know if the project allocated worth the money.
There should be a strict rules and regulations enshrined in blockchain technology of which each and every leader must obey once the leader disobey as a result of corruption he will face the charges.
nastyagav

Activity: 392
Merit: 4

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 07:19:10 PM

This is a really good idea for corruption.
The most adequate political idea that I have read in the last 2 months.
Do you think it's real?
If so, I will make a cash contribution to your project.
Why don't you take the lead?
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: