Bitcoin Forum
June 04, 2024, 11:36:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: If you are new to Bitcoin  (Read 1385 times)
pkmoney (OP)

Activity: 205
Merit: 29

Love yourself.

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 10:20:14 PM

I just wanted to ask anyone that wants to answer.  Cheesy

1. When was the first time you heard about Bitcoin?

2. When you did hear about Bitcoin was it good things (Alpaca Socks) or bad things (Silk Road)?

Thanks for all those that reply. I'm trying to gather some information for my website.  Grin

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
247crypto

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 11:27:04 PM

1. blog
2. never considered bitcoin as "good things".

sicWIDbtc

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 11:36:41 PM

I heard about bitcoins through the major media outlets and have just started to look into it. Seems very interesting and something that might be worthwhile to look into for investing. I am definitely in the infancy stage of knowledge, but I do plan on dedicating some of time time into learning about it. I have heard mixed reactions to bitcoins, but overall I feel that anything that is new and changes perception of such a cornerstone to societies; then of course people are going to be apprehensive about it. However, if you get into it early enough, the payoff could be huge.
EvilPanda

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

Small Red and Bad

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 12:43:25 AM

1. From a friend, who asked me if I was mining (of course I wasn't), over a year ago.
2. Rather neutral, he considered it a new trend among computer enthusiasts.

Rigon

Activity: 994
Merit: 441

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 01:10:58 AM

I found bitcoin in 2010 for when I was searching for paypal alternatives but did nothing to acquired it until march 2013. Because at the time I found bitcoin very few uses it.
thethird

Activity: 3

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 03:40:44 AM

Heard about it fairly recently, from various blogs. Seemed worth looking into, although it seems to have its share of both good and bad.
Chucky1976

Activity: 14

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 03:46:36 AM

I had heard about it a couple years ago. No good or bad things. Heard about the concept of it and never acted on it til just this past year. Been going at it ever since.
Jacce

Activity: 294

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 04:17:26 AM

1. 2011 or something was the first thing I heard about it, but it wasn't until 2013 I actually looked into it and started getting my first (milli) bitcoins.
2. In 2011 a friend mentioned you could mine it (he said it wasn't profitable though Sad), in 2013 I think it was a mix of Silk Road and people becoming millionaires in mainstream media that caught my attention
sanjoea

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2014, 07:18:00 AM

I heard about bitcoin from my friend January begining of this year,

There is no need to give more importance because its like other currency, that's all you can earn it from other ways and exchange it to bitcoin if you want

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
rohnearner

Activity: 350
Merit: 252

REAL-EYES || REAL-IZE || REAL-LIES||

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2014, 07:54:36 AM

heard about it first time in somewhere in middle of 2011 ... never took it seriously just ignored it like all other online scam..! then I saw many of my online friends and fellow freelancers working for/with bitcoin..! A year ago a friend was offering me some 30-40$/btc and that was the time i started to look into it seriously , but when i decided to jump into it, it was way up and rise to over 1000$.

TLDR:
1.: Online Friends
2.: Late 2013

xb0x

Activity: 181

Better don't say if you don't know!

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 11:40:02 AM

2011 - but started using from 2013 Tongue

Had heard through news, when hacker had stolen many btcs from exchange Tongue
umairsaleem010

Activity: 224

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 02:57:22 PM

I heard bitcoin from a friend in 2012. I mine some bitcoins but sold it all before 2013.

Ritual

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 03:18:41 PM

I heard about Bitcoin in about Jan 2010. A mate was mining it on his home PC. I never bothered because I like playing games on mine :/

I had a reminder again about it in early 2012 when another friend bought some at about (I think) $4 each. He invested $1000, and I laughed until I as blue in the face at him. Again, decided not to bother with it as I dismissed it as a fad, needless to say without bothering to read a single article to back this opinion up.

Who looks like the muppet now? Tongue

Rit.

Newbie oriented mining site - http://cryptoexperiment.wordpress.com/ --- Free BTC - http://freebitco.in/?r=231531
NotoriousBIT

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 04:29:58 PM

I first heard about it before the Silk Road hit the media, but didn't pay much attention to it.  I would hear about it here and there every now and then and ask some friends (who had no clue what it was).  Finally with the Mt. Gox story I started really looking into it.

I think I first heard about it when it was around 200 dollars, and it was neutral I guess.
apsvinet

Activity: 224
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 04:43:50 PM

Heard it from a friend who was currently quite into the concept, and I suppose he tried to give me a good impression of it, although I was very skeptical and even went as far as to mock him for spending time on it. Today, lets say, I realize I was a fool, and should've invested all my money into this.

Damn.

∎               GAWMiners The Hashlet World's first digital cloud miner!
∎∎∎   No pool fees Instant activation Never obsolete Always profitable
Zombier0

Activity: 435

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 01:41:37 AM

Im not new but im new to forum

Freeboi

Activity: 14

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2014, 01:48:23 AM

The first time I heard about Bitcoin was in 2010 but I really didn't pay any attention to it. And everyday since I've been kicking myself for not buying a couple hundreds. I thought it was just a shiny object or a new fad that would just fizzle out eventually. Much like a new toy for the bored geeks.
Farmer17

Activity: 674

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 11:58:23 AM

2. When you did hear about Bitcoin was it good things (Alpaca Socks) or bad things (Silk Road)?

Thanks for all those that reply. I'm trying to gather some information for my website.  Grin

1. 2012, when I was browsing the BOINC Message board.
2. Quite neutral IMO.

PolarPoint

Activity: 672

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 08:16:03 PM

Only heard about bitcoin today
E.exchanger

Activity: 714

NEED CRYPTO CODER? COIN DEVELOPER? PM US FOR HELP!

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 08:18:56 PM

1.friends
2.I heard they are used in trading anonymously and replacing LR so i jumped into bitcoins !! nothing bad nothing good   Smiley
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: