Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 07:52:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Kucoin Telegram channel hacked. Don't download any file!  (Read 278 times)
bubblebubble (OP)

Activity: 616
Merit: 23

View Profile
October 31, 2018, 08:19:44 PM

An admin account on Telegram channel of Kucoin was hacked and pinned a file SCR that is a keylogger.

DON'T DOWNLOAD ANY FILE

If you have downloaded it follow these instructions:

If you downloaded on your Windows,
Go Offline, Check task manager, go to details, if you find a file .scr, stop it.
Delete the downloaded file, then go to C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup, check if it's still there
remove it if it is. Scan for virus.
Done
If you used your phone, don't worry it won't affect, but delete it.
The virus record your keyboard heatmap
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bartolo

Activity: 1176
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 31, 2018, 08:38:28 PM
Merited by Jet Cash (1)

As a general recommendation, never download any file from Telegram. I wonder how they have been able to hack that specific account since they need to know the phone number and access to the device of the kucoin channel administrator.
Bitcoin_Arena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1781

฿itcoin for all, All for ฿itcoin.

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 12:25:10 AM

Saw the pinned message alert on Kucoin Telegram account and i was wondering what had happened.Thankfully i did not download the file. With the Level of security threats rising, i think it's even better off when someone just keeps his assets off-line and the just goes online specifically to get information and read without logging into sensitive accounts and wallets.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
kucritt

Activity: 616
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 12:30:48 AM

wow is this serious? if it hacked the hacker can get all the information and the telegram is of all the subscriber, and make a spam or a phising broadcasting from their telgram account, so be careful

liansehao

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 07:58:27 AM

As a general recommendation, never download any file from Telegram. I wonder how they have been able to hack that specific account since they need to know the phone number and access to the device of the kucoin channel administrator.
why i know about it so late? Thanks for your sharing. i will learn this lesson and never download any file from telegram.
CryptoRama

Activity: 453
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 09:19:44 AM

Meh, for me using my Hardwallet even keyboard tracker is not enough to hack into it... because it's everything random, and I don't use keyboard to unlock HW... try hack that

but thank you, for warning. I'll never download from telegram again.

|██████| | ██████SECURE AND LICENSED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE██████ |██████| |
| INVECH |
WHITEPAPER | ANN THREAD | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | TELEGRAM | MEDIUM | INVECH |
|██████| | ███████JOIN INVECH INITIAL EXCHANGE OFFERING NOW!████████ |██████| |
Oniko

Activity: 322
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 09:32:00 AM

Wow! Telegram is it possible to hack? I think that someone from the administration lost a smartphone with access to the official channel Kucoin

Anyway thanks for the info. Users must be careful
bitfocus

Activity: 532
Merit: 15

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 11:22:59 AM

you mean, some telegram user shared keylogger on Kucoin Telegram channel ans fools are downloading that and blaming Telegram for their stupidity?
jakasantosa

Activity: 448
Merit: 2

Think better

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 02:04:41 PM

Thank you for the information. regarding this matter is there official information/web link that can be used as a source of material for this information?
It is true that the virus can enter and hack the private key when we download something on the telegram.

Look Forward
kalel18
Copper Member

Activity: 182
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 02:55:03 PM

is this true? it may be that the hackers have bitcoin in the long run. it's a scary thing when it comes to hackers. but I hope that hackers can not enter the bitcoin and rob it.

must secure all acounts for always being safe and avoiding hackers.
Cryptoreflector_666

Activity: 728
Merit: 24

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 03:14:44 PM

An admin account on Telegram channel of Kucoin was hacked and pinned a file SCR that is a keylogger.

DON'T DOWNLOAD ANY FILE

If you have downloaded it follow these instructions:

If you downloaded on your Windows,
Go Offline, Check task manager, go to details, if you find a file .scr, stop it.
Delete the downloaded file, then go to C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup, check if it's still there
remove it if it is. Scan for virus.
Done
If you used your phone, don't worry it won't affect, but delete it.
The virus record your keyboard heatmap

Thank you very much for the information. Such posts really deserve a reward, as they help ordinary users who are not technically aware, as well as all beginners who have just got into the fascinating world of crypto-currencies to avoid fraudulent actions. I hope someone will give you a little bit merit as a thank you.

teejayrichard2

Activity: 574
Merit: 12

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 05:17:56 PM

it is really sad and at same time annoying. i really dont know why some persons just choose to steal instead of working hard. we all have to be careful with what we click and download as there are lots persons online seriously looking for whose money to steal.
thankyoulord

Activity: 475
Merit: 1

Tackling Climate Change Using Blockchain

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2018, 06:16:05 PM

we should all be extremely careful with whatever we do online especially when it comes to cryptocurrency so as not to loose all we have laboured for. dont click links on telegram and also be careful of links you see on you mail

▄ ◤ DAGO Mining ◥ ▄
▐░ ECOLOGICAL BITCOIN MINING ░▌ (https://dago-mining.com)
Sri rahayu

Activity: 795
Merit: 108

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 06:40:37 PM

is this true? it may be that the hackers have bitcoin in the long run. it's a scary thing when it comes to hackers. but I hope that hackers can not enter the bitcoin and rob it.

must secure all acounts for always being safe and avoiding hackers.
Did you not read first? I don't understand what you mean, that's just a warning to the kucoin telegram channel, and the op only appealed to the members there not to do anything pinned there.
 I was really surprised by this news, did anyone find an official announcement from kucoin? But I feel strange, because I have never heard that a telegram can be hacked.
taratorly

Activity: 258
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 07:07:36 PM
Merited by kurcalas (2)

All Telegram channel has a risks in someway. Last week, someone has reached me and he wanted from me to help him. I asked him: How can I help you?

He said to me, his Bitcoin wallet get banned from an exchange (I didn't remember which exchange - it is less-known). I didn't understand. He asked me a register this exchange and create a wallet "from the link which he gave me". If I will that, he will have send me 0.5 BTC."

whatever, I started the investigate about that forum and learn it is fake and Bitcoin which listing there is a just SCAM token named Bitcoin.

I've deleted him and blocked. I reported him to Telegram team.

So I think we have all be careful. There are a lot of risks on market already. Don't take new one.

QDAO USDQ     |     Platinum QDAO StableCoins: USDQ KRWQ CNYQ JPYQ
█▀   $1MLN BOUNTY POOL   / / / JOIN / / /   ▀█
WHITEPAPER           FACEBOOK           TWITTER           TELEGRAM           ANN THREAD
davide72
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1014

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 07:17:40 PM

Telegram is unsafe only use bitcointalk, they are many scam person using today telegram so just be careful don't open any file or send any coin to anyone!
Bountyhonter

Activity: 406
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2018, 02:50:32 PM

Telegram is an anonymous platform where people can just use any fake/temporary number to sign up giving people the freedom to create as many account as they like and doing whatever they like knowing none of their real identity is linked to their account, dealing with people or downloading any files on telegram is very risky.

Even people that use their real phone number can change their username anyhow/anytime knowing you can't view their number, you only know them by username

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▃▅▆█ L E A D █▆▅▃▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
World's Simplest and Safest Decentralized Cryptocurrency Wallet!
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ • STORE • SEND • SPEND • SWAP • STAKE • ▬▬▬▬▬▬
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: