Bitcoin Forum
July 11, 2024, 06:06:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Finally ,a solution to fraudulent ICOs?  (Read 695 times)
dearbesz1219

Activity: 924
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 11:55:12 AM

Shocked As I was surfing the web today I came across this wonderful news=

https://cointelegraph.com/news/erc-20-co-author-proposes-new-ico-model-to-protect-investors-from-fraudulent-token-sales

very soon we will start seeing reversible ICOs projects which will reduced scammy and fraudulent project ,finally dreams are coming true,the capability of been able to reverse your invested money in any ICO is wow!
There was something similiar to RICO -> DAICO. But how many DAICOs have you seen? Only one! The Abyss Platform was the only DAICO this year.
So, I think that RICO projects is again something, which will not work.
eagle10

Activity: 840
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2018, 12:22:11 PM

https://cointelegraph.com/news/erc-20-co-author-proposes-new-ico-model-to-protect-investors-from-fraudulent-token-sales

very soon we will start seeing reversible ICOs projects which will reduced scammy and fraudulent project ,finally dreams are coming true,the capability of been able to reverse your invested money in any ICO is wow!
This is good for both the investors and bounty hunters. I hope that I will be seeing zero fraud and scam project in the future. However, being zero doesn't mean a project cannot be failed. If that will become the case, it may turn out to be scam.
Ini35

Activity: 448
Merit: 12

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 12:54:05 PM

Whatever has advantage, also has its own disadvantage. Although, this is a step forward to protect investors in this era that we have so many scam ICOs.
This will make developers or CEOs of ICOs to be more careful and come up with genuine and good usecases before lunching their ICOs. Also, it will help to maintain the integrity of blockchain and cryptocurrency.
The exception here, would be with the spread of FUD. Owing to the fact that people easily react to even fake news.
CptWhsikeyjack

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

ERC20 Address:0x09b9b7032c3ad01E42aD8A185D765a6d03

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 12:57:28 PM

Lets see people will still find ways to scam you. People have now started to pose as admin members of prominent coins and are using that to scam people. And platforms like telegram arent doing squat.

GenesisP2P Payment Ecosystem  │ GITHUBPOOLSEXPLORERBLOCK TRACKER☑ No ICO/Auction   
Equihash 192.7 ● ─[ Secure & Private Cryptocurrency ]─ ● ────[ ForumFaucetExchangeAirdrops & Bounties ]──── ● ☑ No pre-mine       
 POW/MNs     │SOLUTION FOR BUSINESSES AND E-COMMERCE│           ANNTWITTERDISCORDREDDIT           │ ☑ Fair Launch     
pawanjain

Activity: 2744
Merit: 722

Nothing lasts forever

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 01:15:35 PM

This ICO model would surely be a good model from investors point of view but it would be a very risky model if you see it from the project's point of view.
If people could reimburse at any point of time during the ICO then the project development would be at stake since people easily believe in FUDs these days and may panic sell the tokens at any time.
I don't think this solution will be adapted soon or will receive good reviews from many despite it favoring the investors.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
leviathon

Activity: 392
Merit: 13

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 11:36:47 AM

I think that this is great, if there can be a way for people to get their money back after it has been proven that an ico is a scam then it would be good because there would be no way that the scammers will be making any money if all of it is reversed back to the investors. This can really help to reduce the amount of scam icos that we have in the industry
andthereyou

Activity: 616
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 12:12:28 PM

There were many ICO offered last year and this year that have similar purpose of erc20 token in the article. However still I could not find any project using the token. I think people still prefer to use traditional way of raising money in ICO.
jcpone

Activity: 685
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 01:25:13 PM

The idea of RICO platform might be good just to increase the trust of the investors to ICOs. However, this is just one of the platforms that tokenized the process of ICO investments. Let's wait and see until the platform reaches the surface of cryptocurrency users. Its hard to see the real impact until it is fully functional.
Absolutep

Activity: 434
Merit: 2

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 01:55:05 PM

I doubt if this method will be effective for long because dev are already coming up with another way to scam people like asking people to send sonr amount of ETH to the contract address to qualify them for an initial given away token,the dev claim that is not an ICO.let's wait and see.
paynercash

Activity: 392

send and receive money instantly, with no hidden c

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 02:06:00 PM

I think that this is great, if there can be a way for people to get their money back after it has been proven that an ico is a scam then it would be good because there would be no way that the scammers will be making any money if all of it is reversed back to the investors. This can really help to reduce the amount of scam icos that we have in the industry
But how to do this, I think they are quite right but it is very difficult to do, today the scam ICO project is rampant in the market, our analysis is sometimes wrong and wrong choice. ICO project fraud. So be careful if you decide to invest in them

martin1221

Activity: 504
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 02:13:28 PM
Last edit: November 06, 2018, 03:03:03 PM by martin1221

I am not sure how this would be set up in the blockchain but it would be a helpful feature. They dubbed it as “reversible ICO” (RICO), a fundraising model that allows investors to return their tokens – and be reimbursed – at any stage of the project, via a special-purpose smart contract. Nice idea and would help people who will be scammed.
irsada

Activity: 994
Merit: 117

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 02:18:26 PM

I hope there is a real work to get rid of the ICO scam project.
I think there is nothing wrong with RICO and we see how this will develop.
electronicash
Legendary

Activity: 3150
Merit: 1052

SecureShift.io | Crypto-Exchange

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2018, 02:24:02 PM

the problem with RICO is that which ICO team will try to use that if its going to be reversible? the team would prefer use an escrow kind of what it was before because at least they wouldn't feel like they are the ones being scammed if all took their ETH back. Just because someone who owns a huge follower in twitter accused them of being a scam.

Correlll

Activity: 310

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 02:27:01 PM

We are all responsible for the scam ICOs in some way. If investors do not place their money in such projects and bounty hunters do not take part in such campaigns, there won't be any scam ICO at all. Be more selective guys.
thefoex

Activity: 644
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 02:29:05 PM

Don't be too hopeful, because scammers are smarter. they will always look for ways to get money from investors. so we must remain vigilant in choosing ICO projects, making sure they have a real team.
kewlc3s

Activity: 672
Merit: 140

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 01:42:05 PM

We are all responsible for the scam ICOs in some way. If investors do not place their money in such projects and bounty hunters do not take part in such campaigns, there won't be any scam ICO at all. Be more selective guys.

Do not agree with you.
We, if you mean bounty hunters. Just hunters... We are looking for easy, sometimes not really easy, reward.
For scam ICO are responsible just creators of this ICO, and regulator that we don´t have at the moment. That´s it
bayu7adi

Activity: 1442
Merit: 547

dont be greedy

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2018, 12:23:36 AM

back to the Smart Contract that is used to carry out fundraising, which is more dangerous if the related investor does not understand the contents of the existing Smart Contract, there could be fraud which is fatal
I salute the German government for advancing cryptocurrency by providing the best solutions to overcome fraud that often occurs
Omela44
Copper Member

Activity: 266
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 12:36:00 AM

That is really good news. I really hope that will change the ico market and the scam ico disappear. If that happens, there could be a new boom in the ico market. Lets see if that is the solution.
Sadyshagg

Activity: 308

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 07:23:02 AM

There are many ways to fake anything and making themselves look important when in reality they are just copycats of something that existed before them and are pretending to do it better. And many ico use this.
frchowe214

Activity: 402

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 07:38:49 AM

Refundable investments will definitely ensure these ico teams do the work we paid them to do. So many will simply drag on with no real development or they will just abandon the project and run away

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▃▅▇  GLX  ▇▅▃▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
Medium  ♦️  Facebook  ♦️  Telegram ◄ ▬▬▬▬ Class A Common Equity Token  ▬▬▬▬  ▶ Twitter  ♦️  Offering memorandum  ♦️  GitHub
STO ▶ March 15 2019 - May 14 2019
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: