Bitcoin Forum
August 17, 2024, 09:24:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: cryptsy and market saturation  (Read 2798 times)
kelsey (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 04:55:13 AM

At the moment, exchanges are centralized single points of failure and subject to easy regulatory control. What a p2p currency needs is a p2p exchange protocol, ie: exchange functionality should be built into each wallet.

~~XCB~~

Well there's something I agree with you on. I do believe p2p exchanges are the best way forward for cryptos.
jonnysomething

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 04:59:01 AM

Markets showing all the signs of market saturation, and what does cryptsy do; add more coins  Huh

You all know where this is heading?

Well it'll end up just being the newest pump n dump coin everyone will pile into, leaving the old to slowly die (except a few hardcore followers), then repeat, repeat, repeat.......yeah cryptsy will make fees of the lastest coins, so it'll be indifferent to them, but it'll help destroy alts on the most part.

Whats needed? A decent exchange, that limits the coins it adds, does research on said coins and only adds coins that meet a certain standard.

Sounds like the old cryptsy before they realised that being selective with coins is akin to slowly committing hari kari. Thank fuck for other exchanges.

Taking on something that big, they should have team a dedicated to verifying coins. They profit from having more coins, they look bad by offering shitcoins. Have an application process, and anonymous developers are not welcome.

There are steps they could take. They just don't, to maximize profits.

How are anonymous developer's an issue? Nakamoto still is not known for who he exactly is until just yesterday. Even then, nobody can know for sure. Free market gonna crush regulation any day dude. If you invest in a coin that sounds familiar or brings shit all to the table you better realize that you should be prepared to lose everything. Most likely sooner rather than later.

IMO cryptsy looks better for adding shit coins. Gives them the chance to die off now rather than drag it out over years of people not knowing which way is up.

Anonymous developers are an issue because no one can be held accountable. Bitcoin didn't start out as a scam and potentially wasn't anonymous. It was the starting foundation of every crypto, and had the dev been one of the piece of shits you see today, then it wouldn't have been successful.

If the person currently being called the creator of Bitcoin is actually the creator, him putting his name on the coin shows he did not have intentions of being anonymous, even though anonymity would have been an easier option back then. Bitcoin was a project created to change the world, and anonymous developers have free rein to take advantage of those who don't understand it. Rich and smart people taking advantage of poor people is the exact thing Bitcoin was created to help fight.

Adding shitcoins to cryptsy doesn't help them die off... if they, as you say "drag out over years" (LIKE BITCOIN DID) without being on exchanges, they might actually have a chance at succeeding.
kelsey (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 05:03:22 AM

Nakamoto still is not known for who he exactly is until just yesterday. Even then, nobody can know for sure.

Off topic for the thread but the Nakamoto you are suggesting here I can say with 100% certainty is not the creator of BTC.
goin2mars

Activity: 112

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 05:19:41 AM
Last edit: March 08, 2014, 05:37:08 AM by goin2mars

Markets showing all the signs of market saturation, and what does cryptsy do; add more coins  Huh

Well it'll end up just being the newest pump n dump coin everyone will pile into, leaving the old to slowly die (except a few hardcore followers), then repeat, repeat, repeat.......yeah cryptsy will make fees of the lastest coins, so it'll be indifferent to them, but it'll help destroy alts on the most part.

Whats needed? A decent exchange, that limits the coins it adds, does research on said coins and only adds coins that meet a certain standard.

Sounds like the old cryptsy before they realised that being selective with coins is akin to slowly committing hari kari. Thank fuck for other exchanges.

Taking on something that big, they should have team a dedicated to verifying coins. They profit from having more coins, they look bad by offering shitcoins. Have an application process, and anonymous developers are not welcome.

There are steps they could take. They just don't, to maximize profits.

How are anonymous developer's an issue? Nakamoto still is not known for who he exactly is until just yesterday. Even then, nobody can know for sure. Free market gonna crush regulation any day dude. If you invest in a coin that sounds familiar or brings shit all to the table you better realize that you should be prepared to lose everything. Most likely sooner rather than later.

IMO cryptsy looks better for adding shit coins. Gives them the chance to die off now rather than drag it out over years of people not knowing which way is up.

Anonymous developers are an issue because no one can be held accountable. Bitcoin didn't start out as a scam and potentially wasn't anonymous. It was the starting foundation of every crypto, and had the dev been one of the piece of shits you see today, then it wouldn't have been successful.

If the person currently being called the creator of Bitcoin is actually the creator, him putting his name on the coin shows he did not have intentions of being anonymous, even though anonymity would have been an easier option back then. Bitcoin was a project created to change the world, and anonymous developers have free rein to take advantage of those who don't understand it. Rich and smart people taking advantage of poor people is the exact thing Bitcoin was created to help fight.

Adding shitcoins to cryptsy doesn't help them die off... if they, as you say "drag out over years" (LIKE BITCOIN DID) they might actually have a chance at succeeding.

If you truly feel that some idiotic clone created by the "rich and smart people" is the best that some "poor people" can afford then this is still just the free market taking it's dues. Nobody's forcing these people to buy these coins.

A serious flag should be raised as to legitimacy when these same people go to the exchange and see one or two buy and sell walls surrounded with nothing but dollar buys every where else. If they can't do that then I guess money just isn't for them. These people should be looking for a Zeitgeist society where money doesn't exist and everything is traded based on need.

End of the day it's the coin and the market that speaks for whatever these people are buying into. Not the face of the developer. Not the daily hype. Not grand promises. If you feel like your money should have bought more then you should have spent it on something else. It's wrong to say that these people are being exploited. They are not. They made the decision with consent that one coin was to be traded at one rate when they clicked the buy button. You just don't get to blame the seller.

I'm with you in that it sucks to see people lose money, but end of the day nobody forced them to use their hard earned fiat to purchase a few bytes of meaningless data. If they're buying something they don't understand then it's on them. It takes years for children to understand what money is, so I find it laughable when people just throw that money at crypto like it will make them rich.

Do you really feel that 200 cryptocurrencies should exist? With more being added daily some of these need to be slaughtered. The market's just the grinder man.

How does adding shitcoins to cryptsy not let them die off? Look at stablecoin, fedoracoin, 42, auroracoin, caps, earthcoin, leafcoin, lottocoin . . the list goes on and on. These are and will always be shit coins. If the price rises it's because of a pump. If you think you deserve other people's money by investing in them and waiting for a pump then you're a dick and probably don't have a hot girlfriend.

Edit: I don't mean you personally, as you're arguing against shit coins in the first place. Meant some random person.
goin2mars

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 05:20:57 AM

Nakamoto still is not known for who he exactly is until just yesterday. Even then, nobody can know for sure.

Off topic for the thread but the Nakamoto you are suggesting here I can say with 100% certainty is not the creator of BTC.

Honestly I didn't think so. Was only using it as an example to show the legitimacy of anonymous developers. Glad to hear someone else says it's not Nakamoto either.
LongAndShort
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1050

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 07:31:12 AM

an exchange like mcxnow.com? *puts guard up cause he knows whats coming*

I agree we do have to at least acknowledge whats going to happen here, sure its a free world, free speech, free market, however, i think we have a pretty mature and decent community balance..i know some would disagree but we do and i do think its coming to that time where we may need to start giving people the tools to understand that this is becoming a very diluted market and the skills now are extremely diluted.

It will be a very delicate transition or learning process because a lot of people are in this game to take what they can before it runs out, but i am of the mind of trying to sustain what we have over a long period and will make a lot more money and a lot more innovation

I think we need to at least initiate something and not let it just get a lot worse before we actually do something but at the end of it all i foresee elite exchanges and infrastructure choosing decent secure coins over narly wild flimsy ones which will inevitably create a new class of lower and upper alt-coins. the alt-coin space is highly spread out thined out and doing its own thing no one is fully working towards some sort of alt-coin foundation type deal where there is at least some sort of edikette and procedure devs must at least adhere to before being accepted by the community, not everyone is a clever little coder like most the guys here and thats what we need is some real structure setup so people have a place to go to see whats really expected of a coin...without (pump dump scam and premine) words all through peoples written opinions

This is prolly a pipe dream but one i for one will contribute to see happen around here because most of you guys deserve the pat on the back for holding the torch hanging around, but frankly this forum has become a bit of a playground and is now time for it to become a little more serious..just my opinion
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 07:35:09 AM

I wouldn't fault them at all for adding MazaCoin, what else did they add the last couple days, any?

KingSchultz

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 01:59:12 PM

Coin with a potential future use:
TaxiCoin - Unrealistic, but in app currencies could be used for payment in the future.
SexCoin - A private way to make XXX purchases online with no paper trail? Makes sense.

The problem I see with coins like SexCoin or most coins made to purchase one product is that they just aren't necessary. One big privacy-oriented coin would do the job of SexCoin just fine... but it would also have a hundred other uses for people who want to keep their transactions anonymous. I'm thinking that long-term there will be one or two big privacy-focused coins that get used for things like this. Instead of going through the hassle of exchanging whatever coin to sexcoins to buy your dildos, why not use a single coin that offers all the same protections and that you can use in a variety of markets?

IMO, the fact that you'd have to exchange for SexCoin and keep a SexCoin wallet somewhere actually makes it less private than just using X privacy coin...

I see it a lot in the alt market. Coins spring up every day for this or that, when some of the established coins will work perfectly well for what they're trying to do once the specific industry is interested in cryptos.

I think the bottom's going to fall out of the alt market very soon and leave us with 4-6 really solid coins to battle royale with eachother for a while.
CryptoKilla

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 02:03:13 PM

Cryptsy went way over the top, then CoinEx followed to keep up. Half the coins added now seem to crash immediately.

Fair enough if it is about business, but I wonder whether in the long-term it will really pay off.

You hit a point where you just won't bother with anything other than BTC, LTC and maybe a small handful of promising coins.

This

Get Free Bitcoin on Crypto Account!   24/7 CryptoCurrency Trading   ▷ Check
s1gs3gv
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1014

ex uno plures

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2014, 03:40:46 PM

At the moment, exchanges are centralized single points of failure and subject to easy regulatory control. What a p2p currency needs is a p2p exchange protocol, ie: exchange functionality should be built into each wallet.

~~XCB~~

Well there's something I agree with you on. I do believe p2p exchanges are the best way forward for cryptos.

You are a gentleman and a scholar !
ameiwxy1

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 03:53:02 PM

WTF Smiley
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: