Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 03:34:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Are stabletokens going to be the new altcoin hype?  (Read 287 times)
funchiestz

Activity: 1134
Merit: 342

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 09:03:47 AM

I don't think it will be. There are too many stablecoins now. So if we have a too many options, it may be less valueable ever has be.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Considered

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

Powered by Artificial Intelligence & Human Experts

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 10:32:09 AM

I don't think so, with all of the things that is going on with tether right now there is no way that people are going to be able to trust stable coins any more. There just is no way that a coin can boast to stay at the same price through out its entire life span and that is a fact. Then add the fact that cryptocurrencies are very volatile and then you have a recipe for disaster

milani

Activity: 1092
Merit: 254

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 10:53:41 AM

I think that the role and the level of availability of the stablecoins on the crypto market are overrated. Too many nuances stablecoins have. And lots of people do not trust such kind of coins nowadays. And the amount of them on the crypto market is rising. So I even don't know, will it be a new hipe or not. May be some day in future, but not nowadays.
zabir.brutov

Activity: 280
Merit: 2

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 10:55:15 AM

Stablecoins would never have such a hype and such a potential as altcoins. Because stable coins are backed by the fiat currencies and theoretically, they cannot overcome the fiat price of a currency on what they are based on.
sacskate

Activity: 994
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 11:00:26 AM

Lot of stablecoin projects coming out in the space. Coinbase added USDC and Bancor went Live with Peg network today! https://twitter.com/Bancor/status/1057571877064003584

that is mandatory after the price drop of tether also the benefit is restricted of keeping your money value only as these coins are not for invest
justdimin

Activity: 2996
Merit: 670

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 10:50:42 AM
Merited by KingdomHearts (3)

I don't think so, with all of the things that is going on with tether right now there is no way that people are going to be able to trust stable coins any more. There just is no way that a coin can boast to stay at the same price through out its entire life span and that is a fact. Then add the fact that cryptocurrencies are very volatile and then you have a recipe for disaster
Stable coins are necessary and they are basically there for investors when it comes to their ability to hedge their assets in the case of a bear trend.

Tether lost it a long time ago when a lot of shady things started popping up and the team refused auditing and that is an act that is questionable and worrying which has made a lot of investors to get worried using it. Now, that there are alternatives that solve that problem, I believe it is just a matter of time, we will see USDT losing that spot as a stable coin in the long run.

As long as the investors get what they need when it comes to transparency, then there is no problem. It is not like an investor will be investing in a stable coin for the long term anyway, it is just to hedge for the mean time and in that mean time, at least, I want to be sure I am not in the wrong hands.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
KingdomHearts

Activity: 896
Merit: 514

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 09:05:24 AM

I do not think they provide anything worthy aside from using on their own platforms. For example using USDC on circle or poloniex makes sense because there are people who can withdraw that directly to their bank accounts, of course it doesn't make any sense to use it if you are living in a country where you can't withdraw the money but if you can cash it out to your bank directly than it definitely is a useful coin.

Aside from helping with that the idea was to keep your cash in fiat while crypto is on a drop and if you wanted to do that on multiple currency exchanges you had to usually withdraw bitcoin to your local website and cash it out which took time and effort and cost you, with the stabletokens it is simple but it is also dangerous because it is not actually backed by dollar but only symbolizes it.
barbara44

Activity: 2394
Merit: 605

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 10:33:53 AM

Lot of stablecoin projects coming out in the space. Coinbase added USDC and Bancor went Live with Peg network today! https://twitter.com/Bancor/status/1057571877064003584

There is nothing like hype when it comes to stable coins and may be you are not getting it, stable coins are pegged to something that is physically backed and there is no way we can see an increase in value since it is controlled. So the being valuable of a thing is not at all some necessary factor to be looking at, considering that the main reason they are available is to be able to hedge funds that is all.

As long as the stable coins’ popping up does not end up like tether in the long run, and they give room for transparency, which is an edge most of them are having over tether, then there will be no cause for alarm.
trobbert

Activity: 462
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 10:45:48 AM

Yes, it should be a new trend and I see this tendency.
4-5 new stable coins have appeared this year.
More will appear soon.
fumblingperch

Activity: 490

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 11:18:03 PM

I personally don't think you can consider it a pretty good coins around which is to create a hype, but the fact remains and this is not the first theme which is created to ask about these "stable coin."

ArturoProfit

Activity: 334
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 08:21:15 PM

It seems that in these stable tokens at the moment there is a prospect for trading. And many traders are looking for an opportunity to earn in this area.At the moment, there is a resistance to the drawdown of many such coins.
kliown

Activity: 1080
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 09:56:16 PM

That I can not understand why do we need these coins. I personally will not invest in them and I do not see them to be stable.
florianuhlemann

Activity: 378

View Profile
November 23, 2018, 02:39:38 PM

perhaps and advertisements. this is an attempt to look at the cryptocurrency from the other side, as, for example, different States try to look at the cryptocurrency.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: