Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 02:32:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do You Need To Put Your Emotion in Trading ?  (Read 2467 times)
HadaMichiko (OP)

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 03:26:32 PM

"There are two schools:
1. People want to eliminate emotions in the trading. He is practicing emotional limitation in a particular environment. Extend the mind both in depth (towards emotional elimination) and width (to the environment other than trading).
2. People want to control emotions. Work with him must have both greed and fear to progress. "
This is exactly the 2 schools to deal with trading psychology. I would like to analyze a little difference between these two schools.

Eliminate emotions

This is a group of trader that emotion is the problem, to kill the problem to kill the original is to remove emotions from the trading process. They learn how to keep the emotional impact to a minimum. And to put the mental state in the mind and consciousness.

Some ways to eliminate emotion are to look at the issue in a different way in order to separate emotions from the psyche. Or whenever the emotion signals out of control, the trader immediately distracts himself to avoid consequences.

Put another way, getting rid of emotion is making the robot look as good as possible. The ultimate goal of this school is to promote the power of reason and to reject emotion.

Emotional control

In contrast to the above, some other traders said that should not seek to eliminate emotions. May be because it is not necessary, or can not be eliminated. So one must choose one way to live and control emotions.

With this school, you will apply the transition, the emotional direction to beneficial goals such as using stress to increase concentration, turning heart to aspire to success, turning the fear of losing money into spirit the law,...

These traders "use" emotions instead of removing emotions. Because they believe that emotions create new motivation for success.

For you, which school is better suited?

I do not discuss the correctness of the two schools. I just put up an open question for you. What school do you follow? How will you do it? How is the effect? Share your experience, your opinion about these two schools?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Screamshot

Activity: 140
Merit: 2

FUTURE OF SECURITY TOKENS

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 04:07:58 PM

Making a post Concise can create a better communication to your audience and pass your message better.  The simple idea behind this long post is that emotion in trading can be lethal. In as much as we are humans and emotions is part of us limiting the extent to which we let emotion play in our trading would improve our trading activities

[ M O B U ] The Investment Bank of the Future
The Security Token Protocol and Licensed Security Token Exchange
https://mobu.io/
palle11

Activity: 2310
Merit: 332

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 04:17:53 PM

Going by the heading topic of your post, it is a danger signal to put emotions on trading. Although, I tell you it is very difficult to eliminate totally because we are humans and we attached with emotions because our real money is involved. However, an experienced trader does not always get to watch his trade at irrelevant intervals. He allows the trade a longer time to mature .
Highpitched10

Activity: 34
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 04:19:55 PM

Honesty it solely depends on the trader/investor
The sole aim of investors/investing is to maximize profits.
And to the investor he/she doesn't/shouldnt care how they go about it.
As long as profit is yielded in the very end as opposed to loss, then it's fine/a successful trade..

Emotions/no emotions
It depends on exactly how they would be put into play,you wouldn't call a trader smart or an "Emotional" one simply because he traded with all the money he had
Thats being greedy and stupid,and doesn't always come out good...

Neither would you call a trader smart,and one who keeps his emotions in check,when he/she doesn't buy coins when the prices are low,but decides to purchase them when prices are rising(which is abhorred in trading)
That's simply being unwise..

Whichever term the both can be applied,as long as the trader keeps his head,and works to maximize profits, and suppress loss, then it's the right way to trade.
With or without Emotions
Afnan_faizah

Activity: 784
Merit: 176

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 04:23:40 PM

Trading bitcoin and stocks is really different but the way of trading is little bit the same, trader should ignore their emotions when they trading, each trader should makes decisions by data calculation and any other technical method. Trader are often to made a panic selling when the price of bitcoin fall and then they lose their money, this is not good for the future of their career.

Sepertinya sudah waktunya, kalau menurut saya lebih baik lump sum sekarang. 30/01/2024.
peter0425

Activity: 2646
Merit: 446

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 04:32:18 PM

Well there's a universal accepted thoughts that I learn here in the forum, not to involved your emotions in trading. So I would say that they are correct, based on my experienced. I think emotion is one of the worst enemy of a trader so we should at least learn how to control it. There's even a thread discussing that meditation should be practice if you really wanted to be emotion-less or make the right decision.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
131tc01n

Activity: 569
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 05:12:21 PM

I don't think we need to place emotions in trade, even though sometimes the emotions are unstoppable and come because it is the nature of human beings, but we must continue to train our emotions, trade cannot be carried out with emotional feelings because it plagues your assets
BitBustah

Activity: 1218
Merit: 534

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 05:22:26 PM

I've let my emotions get the best of me before and I tried to make up for my losses but I ended up just losing even more.  Its best to stay cold and calculated but that is easier said than done.  We are all just humans after all.  I bet in the near future all day trading will be done by artificial intelligence bots.  It's better for most people to just buy and hold.
drachman

Activity: 756
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 04:21:55 AM

If you want to be successful then you need to apply your strategy in a consistent way and that is impossible to do if you rely on your emotions to do your trades, so the decision is simple you need to limit your emotions when you are trading because if you do not do it then the chances that you are going to become successful diminish to the point that it could be impossible to get profits otherwise.
HadaMichiko (OP)

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 04:32:11 AM

Going by the heading topic of your post, it is a danger signal to put emotions on trading. Although, I tell you it is very difficult to eliminate totally because we are humans and we attached with emotions because our real money is involved. However, an experienced trader does not always get to watch his trade at irrelevant intervals. He allows the trade a longer time to mature .
thank you. i will try my best. i just a newbie . in the next time i will posting a better post
HadaMichiko (OP)

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 04:34:30 AM

If you want to be successful then you need to apply your strategy in a consistent way and that is impossible to do if you rely on your emotions to do your trades, so the decision is simple you need to limit your emotions when you are trading because if you do not do it then the chances that you are going to become successful diminish to the point that it could be impossible to get profits otherwise.
i know what you mean. But i see some time my team and me looking the chart and market then we're scared the downtrend and cut loss very soon. So i think this is the problem when we trading without emotions. Anyway, thank you
HadaMichiko (OP)

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 04:36:30 AM

I've let my emotions get the best of me before and I tried to make up for my losses but I ended up just losing even more.  Its best to stay cold and calculated but that is easier said than done.  We are all just humans after all.  I bet in the near future all day trading will be done by artificial intelligence bots.  It's better for most people to just buy and hold.
yes. i agree with you. sometime in my trading. my emotion make me lose that trade. i think when we trade a lot and have good experience, we can stop the emotion on trading.
HadaMichiko (OP)

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 04:38:26 AM

I don't think we need to place emotions in trade, even though sometimes the emotions are unstoppable and come because it is the nature of human beings, but we must continue to train our emotions, trade cannot be carried out with emotional feelings because it plagues your assets
i think the emotion is good when we start doing something. But don't base on it a lot. this thing can be dangerous.
HadaMichiko (OP)

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 04:40:00 AM

it's just my opinion bro. but anyway thank you for your reply
Nariza

Activity: 246
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 06:08:25 AM

Emotions is normal to all people but you should control your emotions everytime you trade. It can give you a wrong decisions sometimes. Focus on what you gonna do to make a right decisions. All traders have a technique in trading, so you need to learn it and practice.
mraphael

Activity: 11

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 06:21:20 AM

Emotional trades will sooner or later lead to failure. Whenever you feel high like an eagle, when yor trades are going in the right direction, or down, depressed when you take a loss, leave the trading for some time. Take a look on your strategy, when youre not in the market, from some distance. Lower the ammount of money risked in one transaction, to level where you feel comfortably and calm. Greetings
Coinraptor

Activity: 257
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 07:44:26 AM

There is no place for emotion in this crypto world. Emotion can dump you and distract you from the crypto business. Better to keep your emotion at home while trading. Crypto is volatile as we all know so the price can be ups and down any time which is natural in crypto cryptocurrency. If you are emotionless trading is for you.

HadaMichiko (OP)

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 09:43:06 AM

Trading bitcoin and stocks is really different but the way of trading is little bit the same, trader should ignore their emotions when they trading, each trader should makes decisions by data calculation and any other technical method. Trader are often to made a panic selling when the price of bitcoin fall and then they lose their money, this is not good for the future of their career.
yeah i agree with you.  Grin i finding a way to control the emotion it's really hard
Sane_Thane

Activity: 9

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 11:19:59 AM

Decisions must be as rational as possible. Your assets must not be invested in a personal value. You must rely on your instinct of course. I mean, if you feel something big may be happening, you can listen to your inner voice and sell everything.
But decisions must be taken in full awareness of the situation. You can't rely on what you feel concerning a project. If you see that there is a lot of signs telling you to sell, even you have a great feeling with the project and the community, just sell it. You've seen a great partnership signed with this low value project? It is time to buy.
Also trading is mainly reading news, trying to understand underlying informations implied by the news. In other words, instinct and rational thinking.
Jateng

Activity: 1266
Merit: 148

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 01:07:23 PM

Yes we need to set aside our emotion when it comes to trading coz it will just affect our decision making and will lead us to make a wrong decision. If that happened we will just lose our precious money. Sometimes our mind speaks different from our heart but we must always remember that mind must always speak louder than our heart.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: