Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 11:38:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can cryptocurrency replace fiat money?  (Read 1771 times)
futurefuturecoins

Activity: 112
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 24, 2018, 02:58:20 PM

Crypto graphy is a very advanced and promising technology. But to say that some of the currently existing coins will become a global means of payment is very premature. Yes, the existing banking system will use blockchain technology in its activities. But nevertheless, my opinion is that the purpose of cryptography is not as a payment system.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Sendi blackspade team

Activity: 941
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 24, 2018, 03:01:11 PM

Crypto graphy is a very advanced and promising technology. But to say that some of the currently existing coins will become a global means of payment is very premature. Yes, the existing banking system will use blockchain technology in its activities. But nevertheless, my opinion is that the purpose of cryptography is not as a payment system.
it is possible for some coins such as bitcoin and etehreum to be used as payment instruments, because they are probably the most common and owned by people. but for other coins that are very large in number, it will be very difficult to control the crypto circulation, which is very much as a means of payment.
r95222

Activity: 532

View Profile
November 24, 2018, 03:17:06 PM

I wrote already but I want to repeat. Crypto can replace fiat but not in the nearest future. We are on the border of the world crisis. And to think about replacing is not so smart. Maybe current crisis will be stronger then at 2008? Patience will be rewarded
sempak

Activity: 1638
Merit: 505

View Profile
November 24, 2018, 03:20:15 PM

Bitcoin will not replace the current money, but it is likely to be a payment preference for people to be able to choose to use money or bitcoin. it's all returned to consumers

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
odranoel

Activity: 602
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 24, 2018, 03:26:44 PM

I dont think so that cryptocurrency replace fiat money. because fiat is a medium of exchange whereas crypto as of this time, not all countries using this. It will take or the government will make any resolution for this and pass it to the congress to be able this currency will discussed it in the upper government. To be short, it has along process to be legalized here in our country.

YouSeeMe  ♦   Bartcoin  ♦  Bartwallet
⚪ Infinite Possibilities ⚪
Pre-sale on Feb, 18
ligerti

Activity: 406

View Profile
November 28, 2018, 07:10:13 AM

In future, can cryptocurrency replace fiat money? This seems to be most interesting phenomenon to discuss today.

https://blog.amon.tech/can-cryptocurrency-replace-fiat-money/

Really relevant and common question. Personally, I am convinced that over time, reliable cryptocurrencies will become an increasingly common and popular way to pay for your purchases. But in the coming decades, fiat will still remain, because not all people are ready to work with cryptocurrencies
Annieluvyou

Activity: 700
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 28, 2018, 07:13:16 AM

If looking on today's market condition, i think it would be hard for the people to put trust on crypto to replace the conventionnal currency.
But it would be different story if the market condition became better and cryptocurrency became more stable than what happen otoday.

Beldon

Activity: 378

View Profile
November 28, 2018, 07:18:24 AM

I think cryptocurrency to replace fiat money is very difficult, because both have different functions and that certainly must go through government approval and what we know is that many countries have not recognized the existence of cryptocurrency.

▄▄▄        WINDHAN        |   RENEWABLE ENERGY PROJECT   ▄▄▄
||███    (((  Pre-Sale is Live  )))  ▐ ███  JOIN NOW   ███ ▌    ███||
Whitepaper  |  OnePager  |  ANN  |  Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Telegram
chakhigh

Activity: 616

FRX: Ferocious Alpha

View Profile
November 28, 2018, 08:26:25 AM

It can replace fiat money, if it is more stable and not that volatile.. actually, the entire market is volatile.. so we need to see a stable price in order for it to replace traditional fiat money.. or at least say to change those old business models by the new decentralised degital asset model..

I like how this Gigzi running ico dealing with the volatility thing, backing digital crypto assets with precious metals price!

Runbitup

View Profile
November 28, 2018, 08:38:30 AM

I think cryptocurrency to replace fiat money is very difficult, because both have different functions and that certainly must go through government approval and what we know is that many countries have not recognized the existence of cryptocurrency.
some countries have strictly banned crypto, so it will be difficult for crypto to be able to replace fiat, especially for now crypto is only used as an investment tool for most people, its value will definitely not be stable. and the requirement to replace the fiat role, crypto must be stable. so I think it's very difficult for crypto to be able to replace fiat. but if you speak it is possible then that can happen.
oxoxoxox

Activity: 462

View Profile
November 28, 2018, 08:41:31 AM

Although cryptocurrency can be used as a payment method on the Internet, its usage is still small and does not help us, but legal tender allows us to buy more of the items we want!

◊ ◊ ◊ 𝗘𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲𝘂𝗺 𝗖𝗹𝗮𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗰 𝗩𝗶𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻 ◊ ◊  ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬   Free ETCV coins ◊ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    ANN ◊ ◊   ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ◊ ◊ Hard fork of Ethereum ◊ ◊  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  WhitePaper ▬▬  ▬▬  Github
                       ◊  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    Twitter ▬  ▬ Telegram ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ◊ ◊  All Ethereum holders will receive 3 ETCV  ◊ ◊ ◊
der_troll

Activity: 602
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 28, 2018, 08:44:15 AM

It will replace fiat money one day, but we need more working products, because without any decentralised solution that would be able to compete with centralised services, we have no chances of reaching the mass adoption.
doroshok2

Activity: 175
Merit: 1

W12 – Blockchain protocol

View Profile
November 28, 2018, 08:44:21 AM

I think that in the near future cryptocurrencies will not succeed. But they can exist together. Personally, I'm not ready to get all my salary in cryptocurrencies, but if it is 30-40% of the salary, and they can safely pay for purchases, then this is my ideal option.

W12.io  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  Blockchain protocol
Built F O R :    ❤ Charity Market    ⚫ ICO    ֆ CROWDFUNDING
[https://tokensale.w12.io/]
goku21

Activity: 336
Merit: 3

View Profile
November 28, 2018, 08:50:28 AM

I think that's a great idea for that. cryptocurrency can not replace the fiat money in this cryptocurrency condition that has fallen and has not yet recovered. if the cryptocurrency returns as usual, it may still be possible.
retnoanjani

Activity: 630

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2018, 08:55:01 AM

It will be able to do it in the future, but certainly not today. I think that at the moment we have technological barrier that dont let us do it. Also, crypto is too volatile, we need stablecoins
Currently cryptocurrency is more suitable as an alternative payment. Fiat's position is still strong, moreover not dependent on the internet and can be done instantly, it can be used for micro payments and easily. Cryptocurrency can cover the lack of payments using fiat, for example, it does not depend on distance. The point between fiat and cryptocurrency is complementary.

Desscount

Activity: 1386
Merit: 101

ComboLabs

View Profile
November 28, 2018, 08:57:34 AM

In future, can cryptocurrency replace fiat money? This seems to be most interesting phenomenon to discuss today.

maybe yes, but there are many debates that will never be resolved before that really happens. and the possibility that each country has its own crypto as an alternative to fiat currency. and this is the closest to logic

jt byte

Activity: 994
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 28, 2018, 08:59:03 AM

I think that cryptocurrencies can replace money, but surely not your solution. You are promising cards for about one year, and still no exact dates, no official card partner, nothing, only words. Thats why Amon token lost 95% of its value.
iljamlnk

Activity: 406
Merit: 3

View Profile
November 28, 2018, 09:15:24 AM

I think that it is quite possible that in the future cryptocurrency will replace fiat money, but for this, it is still necessary to eliminate many shortcomings.
Anies_Sandi

Merit: 252

View Profile
November 28, 2018, 09:22:52 AM

in my opinion all possibilities can happen that fiat currency is replaced with crypto currency but requires a process and a long enough time to convince all crypto currencies to be worthy of fiat currency
kenjionline

Activity: 443
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 28, 2018, 09:37:33 AM

In my opinion, he can, but we won't live to see it. You understand that the cryptocurrency replaced fiat money, in each country there has to be at least the Internet. And at the moment there are countries in which only one percent of the population uses the internet.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: