Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 01:55:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can cryptocurrency replace fiat money?  (Read 1774 times)
ParabellumLite

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 04:14:53 PM

In future, can cryptocurrency replace fiat money? This seems to be most interesting phenomenon to discuss today.

https://blog.amon.tech/can-cryptocurrency-replace-fiat-money/

Cryptocurrency will only replace part of the daily transaction. They can not completely replace cash. Everyday life needs cash because there are times when crypto can not be paid.

Not many crypto coins can do that, but most commonly Bitcoin can replace many transactions instead of cash. There are not many places to accept Bitcoin, and another reason is that people with Bitcoin do not choose it as a method to buy as cash.
GazorpPozorpec

Activity: 294
Merit: 101

Lead generation one-stop shop platform powered AI

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 04:20:18 PM

I think it's all coming to this. Electronic money is slowly but surely replacing fiat, and bitcoin is the king of electronic money, so its dominance is only a matter of time.

╔◎      TwitterBounty ┃   [WHITEPAPER]MediumFacebook      ◎╗
╠══════════◎════◎════◎    LeadRex    ◎════◎════◎═══════════╣
╚◎       RedditTelegram[ANN Thread]YoutubeLinkedin       ◎╝
BravO_o

Activity: 532
Merit: 165

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 04:28:09 PM

In future, can cryptocurrency replace fiat money? This seems to be most interesting phenomenon to discuss today.

The purpose of cryptocurrency is not to displace Fiat money and take over the world. But this also does not mean that the stores will not be able to pay for the goods with cryptocurrency
5thFear

Activity: 1260
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2018, 04:37:43 PM

They can and i believe they will but the problem is the govts and financial institutions are creating hindrance in the path. They can't stop it but they surely can delay it and i think they already are delaying it. Otherwise the way bitcoin jumped to 20k, they would had done a lot in this regard already.
olgahappy

Activity: 252
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 04:50:42 PM

I can imagine it's possible, but I see its drawbacks. Due to the high dynamics of cryptocurrency rates, it is not suitable as a means of exchange. In other words, it will create a lot of trouble for trading.
beliomir

Activity: 539
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 04:51:50 PM

I think this is quite realistic in the future. But most likely the state will release their cryptocurrency.

Whitepaper     E M R X Token   :   LEARN MORE   
      E M I R E X         ─── إمركس ───          :         The Infrastructure for the
  [ telegram    facebook    TWITTER ]         New Digital Economy
Aptekary

Activity: 602

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 05:04:06 PM

I think this is quite realistic in the future. But most likely the state will release their cryptocurrency.
the state will be able to release its cryptocurrency, But this is likely to be a reality in more developed countries that already have some experience in the cryptocurrency market. Many states are still trying to put cryptocurrency in a negative light.
Mikell556

Activity: 434

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 05:07:54 PM

Cryptocurrency has everything you need to replace real money. However, there are still a lot of problems and at the moment I do not see their solution. At the moment, cryptocurrency is primarily an object of speculation.
ljp7839008

Activity: 490

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 05:39:09 PM

Well it is real, and rather it all goes to this. But!  Not all coins can be used as a currency for everyday use. It seems to me bitcoin and Ethereum are likely to come out for General use as a currency. And Ethereum will be the most popular coin.
Dpat
Copper Member

Activity: 798
Merit: 3

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 05:41:28 PM

This is not possible cryptocurrency will replace fiat money because there are many peoples are still remain illiterate in most of the countries and they need fiat money for their daily expenses.
Apened

Activity: 1386
Merit: 504

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2018, 05:48:41 PM

Yeah, and it is some sort of hype within crypto craze but not that easy as of now. In that it is really possible as i am looking for it in the future were we start from physical materials then going to the paper moneys and coins and now coming to more advance technology which is clearly seen in decades. I have no doubt that we might seen bitcoin and physical materials again in the coming future as a medium of exchange.
CoinCollect

Activity: 770

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 06:16:28 PM

I think that even in the future cryptocurrencies will not be able to replace Fiat money, because we need more stable money, and cryptocurrencies, as it seems to me, will always be associated with volatility.
Nariza

Activity: 246

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 06:24:13 PM

I don't think that crypto currency will replace in fiat money but maybe both will be use in the future. We are also using a fiat money and at the same time banks, stores etc.. Will accept cryptocurrency payment. This is not imposible because our technology is improving.
djselery
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 06:27:18 PM

It is not easy for cryptocurrencies to replace fiat money, at least in the near future. The usability of crypto as a payment method is still really limited around the world, and most people still using mainly the fiat currencies for paying their daily bills.
It will need a longer time for cryptocurrencies to become able to replace fiat.
alrose

Activity: 720
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 06:46:26 PM

I believe that this is indeed possible. But for this it is necessary to go through a very difficult path and complete a huge amount of work. Therefore, I think that this can happen as a minimum in 15-20 years.

..TYCOON..
Social Crypto Trading. Made Simple
..MEDIUMTWITTERTELEGRAM..
MilaNOV

Activity: 169
Merit: 2

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 06:58:26 PM

It is impossible in the nearest future. Because too many nuances the governmental systems of different countries should cope with first. And too many people and their minds are not ready and will not be ready in the nearest years to change the fiat money onto the crypto.
jpnl0008

Activity: 364
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 07:08:40 PM

I think that sounds almost impossible for me cause not everyone would adapt to using cryptocurrency and all its procedures to be followed we would always want the physical cash for daily usage so it can another source of having money but not taking over fiat
InGODweTrast3

Activity: 560
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 07:13:03 PM

I think that now they are beginning to gradually introduce a system of crypto-currencies and in a few years they will replace fiat money.
chenille

Activity: 428
Merit: 172

chenille!

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2018, 07:14:48 PM

Replace would be a big change and I don't expect it to be very useful. Fiat money is still a nice good if it's avaible in cash. For online purchases on websites I would prefer crypto as well, it's a good and easy payment system to use and pay for online purchases.

⁓ chenille! ⁓
copyfile

Activity: 602
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 07:15:09 PM

I don't think that's gonna happen for a couple of years. But still, the world is slowly but surely moving to the transition to digital currencies and how to know what role cryptocurrencies will play with us. So let's wait and see.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: