Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 03:26:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ethereum 2.0 is coming soon  (Read 1256 times)
Redenom (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 02:40:17 PM

Ethereum 2.0 is coming soon, and it could increase by a thousand fold the Ethereum network’s capacity to process transactions.
Vitalik Buterin, the cofounder of Ethereum who represents the world’s second-largest blockchain, has shared in Prague this week, the new upgrade formerly known as Ethereum 2.0, called  Serenity, and has  promised to make the network faster, more secure, less energy-intensive, and capable of handling thousands of transactions per second.
At the annual Ethereum developer conference in Devcon, Buterin reported the twisting path that efforts to upgrade the network have taken. Buterin and his coworkers were forced to recalibrate their timeline for development, as they got delayed with distractions like the infamous DAO hack, which led to a network split that Buterin compared in his talk to the Hindenburg disaster. They also found themselves pursuing overly complicated dead ends such as “super-quadratic sharding.”
According to Buterin Serenity will see Ethereum finally switch from proof-of-work to proof-of-stake, a model in which people and organizations holding ether will “stake” their own coins in order to maintain the network, and will earn block rewards for doing so. In 2018, Ethereum’s core developers decided to abandon the half-measures of the hybrid model they had been working on and instead set out on a path that would initially take longer, but would deliver “a proof-of-stake and sharded blockchain with the properties that we’re looking for,” said Buterin.
Serenity won’t be the final product of Ethereum developers. Issues of transaction fees and governance will remain, said Buterin. Along with other technical improvements, he and other core developers have already begun mapping out future tweaks to the proof-of-stake model.

If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Sandus_Cryptolover

Activity: 482
Merit: 3

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 03:07:47 PM

I look forward to having the integration done and the practical effect on the Ethereum blockchain. Eth has done terrible this year so far. If this upgrade pulls through then hopefully we should experience a spike.

[ M O B U ] The Investment Bank of the Future
The Security Token Protocol and Licensed Security Token Exchange
https://mobu.io/
vit05

Activity: 672
Merit: 526

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 07:19:50 PM

I think the big question about Serenity is whether Ethereum can still be considered a decentralized cryptocurrencie at this stage. Other projects that use PoS only are still extremely centralized. Some with many powers for who owns enough coins. As is the case with EOS and NEO.

If they do, most of these other platforms will be irrelevant and will disappear. Either way we will have a bull run since many are trying to accumulate as much as they can while the price is so low.
InGODweTrast3

Activity: 560
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 07:29:57 PM

I wonder how this news will affect the price of the ETH, I think it will extend its submission and at the end of the year we will see price ETH not $ 1000 is good if it will be $ 100!
Parabellun1917

Activity: 462
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 07:40:41 PM

Ethereum 2.0 is coming soon, and it could increase by a thousand fold the Ethereum network’s capacity to process transactions.
Vitalik Buterin, the cofounder of Ethereum who represents the world’s second-largest blockchain, has shared in Prague this week, the new upgrade formerly known as Ethereum 2.0, called  Serenity, and has  promised to make the network faster, more secure, less energy-intensive, and capable of handling thousands of transactions per second.
At the annual Ethereum developer conference in Devcon, Buterin reported the twisting path that efforts to upgrade the network have taken. Buterin and his coworkers were forced to recalibrate their timeline for development, as they got delayed with distractions like the infamous DAO hack, which led to a network split that Buterin compared in his talk to the Hindenburg disaster. They also found themselves pursuing overly complicated dead ends such as “super-quadratic sharding.”
According to Buterin Serenity will see Ethereum finally switch from proof-of-work to proof-of-stake, a model in which people and organizations holding ether will “stake” their own coins in order to maintain the network, and will earn block rewards for doing so. In 2018, Ethereum’s core developers decided to abandon the half-measures of the hybrid model they had been working on and instead set out on a path that would initially take longer, but would deliver “a proof-of-stake and sharded blockchain with the properties that we’re looking for,” said Buterin.
Serenity won’t be the final product of Ethereum developers. Issues of transaction fees and governance will remain, said Buterin. Along with other technical improvements, he and other core developers have already begun mapping out future tweaks to the proof-of-stake model.

Hello! good news! I think it now makes sense to buy Ethereum. Personally, I will do it)) I do not force anyone, I just share my opinion)) everyone decides for himself!
Harriti

Activity: 756
Merit: 256

HEX: Longer pays better

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 07:48:29 PM

If Ethereum releases version 2, then that would be a revolution with cryptocurrency. Blockchain technology is developing very quickly so if ETH version 2, the market rate will increase rapidly. It is therefore advisable to invest in ETH at this time.

████████████████████
       ██████████████████████
      ████████████████████████
     ██████████████████████████
    ████████████████████████████
   ████               ▀██████████
  ████  ██████████████  ██████████
████  ████████████████  ██████████▄
████  ██████████████████  █████████▀
██  ████████████████████  ███████
    ███          █████████  █████
   ███  ███████   ███████  █████