Bitcoin Forum
September 11, 2024, 09:13:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Would Dogecoin, with it's massive community,benifit from a "Pump"  (Read 4758 times)
Crypto-Sama (OP)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 12:23:44 AM

Doge is on the verge of breaking out big. It has a massive community now and a massive orchestrated price rise like the one Wolong helped make happen a little over a month ago is exactly what it needs. Doge has a GREAT infrastructure behind it so once it takes off it is highly unlikely it will crash and burn after a quick pump. It will stabilize at an all time high once it is all set and done like the first time around. Pumps CAN be beneficial to the community if done right. I believe DOGECOIN is uniquely qualified to handle a massive pump with it's impressively sized community. Thoughts?
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 12:24:51 AM

Wow, such rally.  Many value.  Woof.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
kalus

Activity: 420
Merit: 263

let's make a deal.

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 12:26:56 AM

your suggestion for a widely mined, increasingly acceptable, heavily transacted cryptocurrency with the second largest scrypt network hashrate is to inflate the value unsustainably?

no, the community would not benefit from a pump.  

DC2ngEGbd1ZUKyj8aSzrP1W5TXs5WmPuiR wow need noms
Crypto-Sama (OP)

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 12:35:24 AM

your suggestion for a widely mined, increasingly acceptable, heavily transacted cryptocurrency with the second largest scrypt network hashrate is to inflate the value unsustainably?

no, the community would not benefit from a pump.  

How so?Doge is unique in the fact that it has such a large community. A massive short term pump would only benefit the coin and when the dust settles it would stabilize at an all time high.
warlogna

Activity: 28

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 12:41:39 AM

I read an article that detailed how DOGE cost of maintenance is higher than any other coin. I don't know how credible it was, but the gist of the passage is that because so many DOGEcoins come into existence so quickly, the coin will basically be fighting crippling inflation all the way up.

But even as I type that I'm not sure I believe it.
It was written by a Quark supporter after all
kalus

let's make a deal.

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 01:00:02 AM

How so?Doge is unique in the fact that it has such a large community. A massive short term pump would only benefit the coin and when the dust settles it would stabilize at an all time high.
How so?  besides trying to justify wishful thinking, please explain how it will settle at an all time high? 

Crypto-Sama (OP)

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 01:35:50 AM

How so?  besides trying to justify wishful thinking, please explain how it will settle at an all time high? 

Wishful thinking? Do you even understand basic economics? As I've said (numerous) times Doge has a giant community. It has high volume, demand, and popularity yet it's value remains ridiculously low. A pump, by logic, would make an already popular coin gain even more demand raising it's value to kingdom come. This is possible ONLY with Doge because of it's large network which would only increase even more if said pump took place. It already happened once before thanks to Wolong. Now that the coin is significantly more popular the effect would be magnified ten-fold.
CoinTropolis_JustaBitTime

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 01:42:31 AM

Wishful thinking? Do you even understand basic economics? As I've said (numerous) times Doge has a giant community. It has high volume, demand, and popularity yet it's value remains ridiculously low. A pump, by logic, would make an already popular coin gain even more demand raising it's value to kingdom come. This is possible ONLY with Doge because of it's large network which would only increase even more if said pump took place. It already happened once before thanks to Wolong. Now that the coin is significantly more popular the effect would be magnified ten-fold.

*SMH*
jonnysomething

Activity: 98

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 01:46:58 AM

The reason I personally think it is bad is because a pump helps no one but the people who know about it, and the few that see it early enough to ride the wave. A pump is false inflation, and doesn't add real value to the coin. You say it will settle higher than ever, but that's not a guarantee in crypto. I'm sure there's plenty of people with a ton of coin just waiting for a price jump so they can dump it at a 30-50% gain, or, for some, to break even.

The doge community buys low and either tips or holds, but there's still plenty of people out there that are just in it for the money.

So, in my opinion, pumps aren't good for any coin, and harms the crypto community in general. Every time a bunch of people buy high and then the coin dumps and they lose their money, that's money out of crypto and in to a pump and dumpers pockets - does that sound healthy to you?
kalus

let's make a deal.

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 02:00:07 AM

How so?  besides trying to justify wishful thinking, please explain how it will settle at an all time high?  

here is the chart from the past month that tracks the boom, bust and echo of Wolong's last pump-and-dump.

can you please point out how, "by logic", the value has "stabilized" at an "all time high"?

By the numbers, dogecoin after the last pump has dropped from its high of 0.0000034btc to its current value of Pez candy.  to think that dogecoin would stabilize from a pump, let alone "stabilize at an all time high" needs to be supported by something more than clinging on to "a giant community".  You ask me if i understand basic economics, yet you haven't made an economically defensible argument in this thread.  

"raising it's[sic] value to kingdom come" is not an economic argument, sorry.  

Until you can show a reason why dogecoin would "stabilize at an all time high" from crass manipulation, it's wishful thinking.  ultimately, enough blatant manipulation of the currency will cause confidence to crash along with dogecoin's value.  

Crypto-Sama (OP)

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 02:44:26 AM

The reason I personally think it is bad is because a pump helps no one but the people who know about it, and the few that see it early enough to ride the wave. A pump is false inflation, and doesn't add real value to the coin. You say it will settle higher than ever, but that's not a guarantee in crypto. I'm sure there's plenty of people with a ton of coin just waiting for a price jump so they can dump it at a 30-50% gain, or, for some, to break even.

The doge community buys low and either tips or holds, but there's still plenty of people out there that are just in it for the money.

So, in my opinion, pumps aren't good for any coin, and harms the crypto community in general. Every time a bunch of people buy high and then the coin dumps and they lose their money, that's money out of crypto and in to a pump and dumpers pockets - does that sound healthy to you?
--------------------

But there is no guarantee that it won't work. Although I can understand your reasoning, the kicker is that nobody knows what would happen. It could launch the coin to unprecedented heights or it could just as easily ruin it. With Doge the former is more likely to happen because it has a large community which will not easily be destroyed. Pumps can be good only when used right, at key points, and sparingly (such as the pump which coincided with the Olympics). Obviously just blindly pumping a weak coin without thought will destroy any community.
Crypto-Sama (OP)

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 02:50:28 AM

How so?  besides trying to justify wishful thinking, please explain how it will settle at an all time high?  

here is the chart from the past month that tracks the boom, bust and echo of Wolong's last pump-and-dump.

can you please point out how, "by logic", the value has "stabilized" at an "all time high"?

https://i.imgur.com/bwAfTP1l.png

By the numbers, dogecoin after the last pump has dropped from its high of 0.0000034btc to its current value of Pez candy.  to think that dogecoin would stabilize from a pump, let alone "stabilize at an all time high" needs to be supported by something more than clinging on to "a giant community".  You ask me if i understand basic economics, yet you haven't made an economically defensible argument in this thread.  

"raising it's[sic] value to kingdom come" is not an economic argument, sorry.  

Until you can show a reason why dogecoin would "stabilize at an all time high" from crass manipulation, it's wishful thinking.  ultimately, enough blatant manipulation of the currency will cause confidence to crash along with dogecoin's value.  

The pump massively increased Doge value. Did it not?
kalus

let's make a deal.

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 04:11:49 AM

once it takes off it is highly unlikely it will crash and burn after a quick pump. It will stabilize at an all time high once it is all set and done like the first time around.

I fail to see how "crashing after a short pump below its value 30 days ago" counts as "stabilize at an all time high".

You're trying to convince everyone that a pump is a good thing, and the currency's value will hold, stabilize, at an all time high.  from what happened in the last month, that's not going to happen, sorry.

You also say it's "highly unlikely it will crash and burn after a quick pump".  from the chart above, that's basically what happened.  it's worth less now than it was 30 days ago.  

BulletProof_za

Activity: 126

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 04:17:19 AM

There is two ways the pump could go :

1.)The bagholders would hold there doge and the pump would succeed
2.) When the bagholders see the nicely high pumped up price they will dump and if enough of them dump they could set off a chain reaction the price will drop people will panic sell (You always say don't panic sell but what do people do they panic sell) all the way down until it hits a rock bottom price.
anonymousxx1503

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 04:17:37 AM

ITT : Guy who thought doge was gonna make him money but who doesn't actually have much money, is trying to convince people who are smarter than he is and actually have money, to use this money to pump up a crypto he owns so he can make small gains.

I'd like to thank eduffield and the other developers for this critically important evolution in virtual currency. DarkCoin is what bitcoin should have been. Some might call it "Bitcoin 2.0" but would do better by saying: "DarkCoin is digital cash." - Child Harold - February 28, 2014
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg5424980#msg5424980
Crypto-Sama (OP)

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 04:52:47 AM

once it takes off it is highly unlikely it will crash and burn after a quick pump. It will stabilize at an all time high once it is all set and done like the first time around.

I fail to see how "crashing after a short pump below its value 30 days ago" counts as "stabilize at an all time high".

You're trying to convince everyone that a pump is a good thing, and the currency's value will hold, stabilize, at an all time high.  from what happened in the last month, that's not going to happen, sorry.

You also say it's "highly unlikely it will crash and burn after a quick pump".  from the chart above, that's basically what happened.  it's worth less now than it was 30 days ago.  

Answer the question. Isn't it much more valuable then before pump? There is your answer.
nymusr

Activity: 37

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 05:01:47 AM

Is this serious?
Pumps?
DOGEs?
We are talking about GUSD related to a dog with "issues"?
Well... I am an "happy bag holder" of some GDOGEs... but can we get serious?
This was just fun and electricity waste...
kalus

let's make a deal.

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 05:07:24 AM
Last edit: March 08, 2014, 05:21:11 AM by kalus

Answer the question. Isn't it much more valuable then before pump? There is your answer.
No.  we finally agree on something.

the 30 day chart states dogecoin is worth less now than it was before the pump.  

and the value after the pump did not  "stabilize at an all time high".  it's still going down right now.

It sounds like you're holding a dogecoin bag.

Crypto-Sama (OP)

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 05:44:10 AM

No.  we finally agree on something.

https://i.imgur.com/bwAfTP1l.png

the 30 day chart states dogecoin is worth less now than it was before the pump.  

and the value after the pump did not  "stabilize at an all time high".  it's still going down right now.

It sounds like you're holding a dogecoin bag.

Quit trying to spin the facts. You know full and well I'm talking about the jump when Doge announced they were sending a team to the Olympics. Lol so yes, it is still significantly more valuable then it was before the Wolong pump (coincided with Olympics). And you keep talking about stability, no crypto is truly stable. Bitcoin is down $400 in a month so I guess it's no good right? Doge has been no more unstable then any other alt. As a matter of fact it was remarkably stable even MORESO then Bitcoin until recently. You are utterly wrong if you think Doge is crashing after the pump. Yes it has come down recently but as I said that is due more to other circumstances but NOT because it has "crashed'. Sounds to me like you are just terrified of a pump for no rational reason. As it stands Dogecoin would almost certainly benefit from a key, well planned pump much like the one that happened with the Olympic team.
kalus

let's make a deal.

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 05:50:33 AM

As it stands Dogecoin would almost certainly benefit from a key, well planned pump much like the one that happened with the Olympic team.
I disagree.

i believe with its 'massive community', continuous, sustainable growth that matches pace with its infrastructure, utility, and public awareness is far better than a 'well planned pump' so you can make a tiny bit of money.  

it's obvious you're just in this for the short term gain.  that's great.  you miss the boat on auroracoin or something?  sounds like you couldn't get enough money out of doge as it was going down.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: