Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 10:43:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Would Dogecoin, with it's massive community,benifit from a "Pump"  (Read 4754 times)
Crypto-Sama (OP)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 06:21:54 AM

As it stands Dogecoin would almost certainly benefit from a key, well planned pump much like the one that happened with the Olympic team.
I disagree.

i believe with its 'massive community', continuous, sustainable growth that matches pace with its infrastructure, utility, and public awareness is far better than a 'well planned pump' so you can make a tiny bit of money.  

it's obvious you're just in this for the short term gain.  that's great.  you miss the boat on auroracoin or something?  sounds like you couldn't get enough money out of doge as it was going down.

I'm not trying to "make a tiny bit of money". Now you are resorting to baseless accusations?....Lol how childish. Resorting to childish antics when you have been thoroughly defeated with facts. Stick to the facts and not be blinded by emotions which you obviously seem to be. No need to fear or be angry about a Doge pump, it's irrational.  Auroracoin is garbage good luck with that.
pristontale

Activity: 22

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 06:27:48 AM

Meh, I doubt DOGE is going to get pumped anyway. The coins that get pumped are either very new, very hated, or very new and very hated coins.
Though I don't see any long term benefits of pump and dumps. The ONLY way DOGE's value rises permanently is if more people use it. I think that it would be too expensive for the pumpers to pump DOGE simply because, at this point, its community is too big that someone will notice it and tell the rest.
Drexxit

Activity: 6

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 07:08:16 AM

I think a lot of people are not understanding that this is a currency and not an investment like stock. Stock is valued based on the actions of a corporation lead by a small group of people. Crypto is valued based on it's community/user-base and their belief in it's purchasing power.

Theoretically, in my opinion, if Doge were to be "pumped" to new highs, the communities belief in it's newer, higher value, would sustain the highs. This is for 2 reasons:

1- currency does not need to convert to another currency if the holder believes in it's current and future viability. You convert something like stock or real estate in to dollars so that you can spend those dollars on goods and services. Why convert from a new, expanding, decentralized currency back in to an old, dying, inflated and manipulated currency?

2- Doge has a rock solid and steadfast community, committed to it's growth. It is not a fickle group like most other coins. They laugh at "price drops" because they know (either consciously or intuitively) that value will follow belief and belief will grow with the spirit of the community. The Doge community is not in this to get rich quick. They know that so long as their energetic community continues to expand, and so long as they do not convert their coin back to fiat, but rather save it, tip it and purchase with it, that the value will naturally follow.

Remember in the movie "The Matrix" when Morpheous says, about Neo, "he is beginning to believe!" The emphasis is on begining to believe. It's a snowballing effect where belief begets more belief. I think bitcoin was a prototype for this concept of economic psychology and that dogecoin could very well be version 2.0
Tony1337

Activity: 7

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 09:14:26 AM

I read an article that detailed how DOGE cost of maintenance is higher than any other coin. I don't know how credible it was, but the gist of the passage is that because so many DOGEcoins come into existence so quickly, the coin will basically be fighting crippling inflation all the way up.

But even as I type that I'm not sure I believe it.
It was written by a Quark supporter after all

Due to Dogecoin's fast block schedule, its cost of maintenance halves every two months. It's already down to $360,000 from $720,000 previously, and will fall to $180,000 in April. It's quickly becoming sustainable.
Zackgeno96

Activity: 1778
Merit: 520

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 09:25:45 AM

i hope you pump it through the roof and then wolong dumps a fat shit on you making it a ALL TIME LOW

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
BrewCrewFan

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 09:32:31 AM

Takes a lot of capitol to keep the prices up. So many coins.

Free SIGNs giving everyday. Be part, do not miss!.
SqMe5ceYfdcGsRyVpgvpYb6bRLS9j8omvB

XChat : Addy : XYuZESQpeMtZ2wit8nVVnXKGytfiaTBCo6 PubKey : eteshLzeq8Bh54BRjGSunMTc6Ytxtk7HYaSmDYMQn61z
ubi4doges

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 10:57:28 AM

I think this chart presents a better picture of the bull/bear struggle that's been going on with dogecoin, from dogepay.com

Support price seems around ~130 satoshi, so i'd say we're close to a natural rise in value, with or without any "pump"

"We will create a civilization of the Mind in Cyberspace. May it be more humane and fair than the world your governments have made before." - A Declaration of the Independence of Cyberspace. John Perry Barlow. Davos, Switzerland. February 8, 1996
Crypto-Sama (OP)

Activity: 9

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 02:19:38 PM

I think a lot of people are not understanding that this is a currency and not an investment like stock. Stock is valued based on the actions of a corporation lead by a small group of people. Crypto is valued based on it's community/user-base and their belief in it's purchasing power.

Theoretically, in my opinion, if Doge were to be "pumped" to new highs, the communities belief in it's newer, higher value, would sustain the highs. This is for 2 reasons:

1- currency does not need to convert to another currency if the holder believes in it's current and future viability. You convert something like stock or real estate in to dollars so that you can spend those dollars on goods and services. Why convert from a new, expanding, decentralized currency back in to an old, dying, inflated and manipulated currency?

2- Doge has a rock solid and steadfast community, committed to it's growth. It is not a fickle group like most other coins. They laugh at "price drops" because they know (either consciously or intuitively) that value will follow belief and belief will grow with the spirit of the community. The Doge community is not in this to get rich quick. They know that so long as their energetic community continues to expand, and so long as they do not convert their coin back to fiat, but rather save it, tip it and purchase with it, that the value will naturally follow.

Remember in the movie "The Matrix" when Morpheous says, about Neo, "he is beginning to believe!" The emphasis is on begining to believe. It's a snowballing effect where belief begets more belief. I think bitcoin was a prototype for this concept of economic psychology and that dogecoin could very well be version 2.0

Couldn't have said it any better myself. Doge might be the only alt with potential to be used as "every day currency" . If done right the possibilities for this coin are endless.
El Dude

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 02:28:15 PM

this clone coin is the biggest scam of them all , I'll laugh when it gets 51% by scrypt asics.

Bitcoin and Litecoin hodler
TheTribesman
Legendary

Activity: 1019
Merit: 1003

Kobocoin - Mobile Money for Africa

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2014, 08:18:26 AM

this clone coin is the biggest scam of them all , I'll laugh when it gets 51% by scrypt asics.
Your sig says it all

Bitcon and Litecoin hodler

You can do nothing else but hate DogeCoin. The tribalism in alts is legendary.

sirnoah

Activity: 55

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 08:29:42 AM

supply and demand folks...pumping the price artifically high will just anger many people Sad
zubelutte

Activity: 129
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 08:42:44 AM

I believe Coins generally benifit long term from a better infrastructure only, pumps are helpfull only to those who sell before the price is corrected
galbros
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 09:39:56 AM

What Brew said.  The simple fact is that while I think doge is clearly going to be a survivor from this round of alt coins it just has too many coins now to really pump.  The massive community works against a small group being able to move the coin much.  Better for "pumpers" to focus on new coins that don't have much of a following yet, HUC or Dark, or ones with a built in story like AUR.

Doge will survive because of the community and infrastructure it builds around it, but with no cap on the number of coins, it is more of a coin to use than a coin to hoard, and is therefore much more pump resistant than other coins.
MMos

Activity: 140

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 09:49:21 AM

your theory is flawed as you forgot to ignore an important fact:
there are always bag holders from the previous dump who bought doge at a much higher price than it is now, those people (and I mean a large amount) will dump the price down as soon as it moves a little higher, unless you can find a pumper/team who have 100+ BTC and is willing to take this huge risk

vinipoars

Activity: 581
Merit: 507

To the moon!

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2014, 11:53:41 AM

Since the community continue to grow, I have no hurry.
duboisi

Activity: 202

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 08:08:51 AM

Doge price is still high or otherwise why would profit switch multipools still mine and dump?
If anyone think Doge price is low, that means other coins prices are high, then you should mine/sell high price coins and buy/hold Doge. There are already some coins' official pool already mining other coins and pay out in their own coin. Profit from mining fee is also used to build buy wall of their own coin.
sirnoah

Activity: 55

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 06:04:12 AM

wow, such pump, yes please...moon pump
RaginglikeaBoss

Activity: 302
Merit: 250

Never before 11 P.M.

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2015, 10:40:09 AM

Congrat on necro'ing a thread from July, 2014.  A Dogecoin thread no-less...

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: