Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 04:14:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitmain A3 and innosilicon S11 may still be profitable again! ! !  (Read 370 times)
mikeywith (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 6374

be constructive or S.T.F.U

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 11:16:40 PM

So after the Sia hardfork.  a dozen of Bitmain A3 and Innosilicon S11 became worthless paper weight.

so last night i was helping a friend of mine , trying to find if he could still mine anything with his door stoppers ( he has a bunch of A3s and a few S11s).

so after some research , I found this > https://siaclassic.org/

you can also read about it on this forum >  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5056837.0

all you need to do start mining sia classic is

1- Download the wallet > Sia-UI v 1.3.5 https://github.com/NebulousLabs/Sia-UI/releases/tag/v1.3.5

**make sure the wallet is v1.3.5 or lower.

2- Connect to one of these mining pools.

MINING POOLS

You can mine SiaClassic in the following pools:

- Poolin.com https://help.poolin.com/hc/en-us/articles/360018798311-Poolin-com-Announcement-about-Sia-Hardfork-and-Poolin-Mining-Service-for-SiaClassic

- SiaMining.com https://classic.siamining.com/      > there is currently 25.4 PH pointed to this pool , so kindly support smaller pools .

- f2pool.com https://blog.f2pool.com/en/announcement-en/sc_hard_fork_en

-------------------------------------------------------------

Sadly, there is no real $$$ value for Siaclassic, but the project seems to be promising, so you will be mining at total risk , should this coin became of a high value, you will end up with lots of $$$$ , should it go no where, you will end up paying your electricity bills for no reward, but seeing such huge hashing power pointed to this coin, only shows that people have faith in it. again DYOR and do it at your own risk.

** the links for the pools/wallets are copied and pasted from Siaclassic Telegram group  > https://t.me/SiaClassic

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Xazax310

Activity: 246
Merit: 24

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 12:47:47 AM

Damn ASIC became paperweights overnight because of hard forks? sucks I mean if it was a GPU you could mine another coin... but ya know ASICs are GREAT!
yrk1957

Activity: 529
Merit: 29

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 02:08:52 AM

... but seeing such huge hashing power pointed to this coin, only shows that people have faith in it.

Maybe it has huge hashing power because A3/S11 have no where else to go to?
nsummy

Activity: 1179
Merit: 131

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 05:52:32 AM

... but seeing such huge hashing power pointed to this coin, only shows that people have faith in it.

They could keep them off.  Sia Classic has no value, so these miners would be spending money on electricity for this gamble.
nsummy

Activity: 1179
Merit: 131

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 06:00:18 AM

There is also this project:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4560833.0
mikeywith (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 03:10:01 PM

They could keep them off.  Sia Classic has no value, so these miners would be spending money on electricity for this gamble.

well to me it seems that since people are taking a risk into mining a coin that has no value yet means they BELIEVE in that coin. or else why would anybody risk paying electricity bills for nothing ? now of course this is a high risk/reward game. so everyone should make their own calcs before jumping in. 

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
lunobird

Activity: 846
Merit: 115

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 10:50:35 PM

They could keep them off.  Sia Classic has no value, so these miners would be spending money on electricity for this gamble.

well to me it seems that since people are taking a risk into mining a coin that has no value yet means they BELIEVE in that coin. or else why would anybody risk paying electricity bills for nothing ? now of course this is a high risk/reward game. so everyone should make their own calcs before jumping in.  

Believe my ass. More like they have NO OTHER CHOICE.   Look at XMC monero classic.  

Your basically mining coins with no dev team or support other than make a webpage and hope people and developers will decide to work on this project for fun.

mikeywith (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 12:23:33 AM

They could keep them off.  Sia Classic has no value, so these miners would be spending money on electricity for this gamble.

Believe my ass. More like they have NO OTHER CHOICE.   Look at XMC monero classic.  

Your basically mining coins with no dev team or support other than make a webpage and hope people and developers will decide to work on this project for fun.

lol why so series bro?

of course they have another choice. TURN THEM OFF

simple logic dude, assuming you are already screwed by your S11 or A3 that have not ROIed yet. and you are in loss for say 5000$.

what do you do? throw them away ! right ?

but if you chose to take a further risk of paying say another 1000$-2000$ on electricity bills that means you believe that siaclassic may be worthy of something.

your statement would have been valid if mining siaclassic would yield any sort of instant profit. in your example about the X3  people mining XMC ,DERO or any cryptonight based coin do not necessarily believe in those coins, but they mine them to make $$. but it is totally a different case, people are PAYING to mine siaclassic and they can't cash out on weekend. so unless they BELIEVE in the coin, then they wouldn't do it.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Chaddermando

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 28, 2019, 05:15:49 PM

hi guys,

i just received this back from Bitmain regarding my A3 miner when I asked them if they've comeup with any alternative solution for the A3. Are any of you mining with the A3's or still paperweights?

Dear Chad,

Thanks for your consultation!

A3 can mine the following coins, you can connect to antpool to mine it

Please check their website to learn more :https://www.antpool.com/?lang=en

SCC   Siacoin Classic
Blake2B    Sia   A3
XSC   Space Cash            

Please let us know if you have additional questions or concerns.

Best regards,
Olivia
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: