Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 04:48:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: SEC November 5th  (Read 656 times)
13bitcoins (OP)

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 06:23:23 PM

SEC will close the comments on CBOE ETF on November 5th, after this day they can reject, postpone or deny the ETF, in your opinion what will happen? if the ETF is rejected BAKKT will be able to push the prices up?, we have to keep in mind that the SEC is still analyzing all rejected ETFS again, is that a good sign? The next 3 months are the most important in the history of Bitcoin and it can start a new Bull Run, I'm almost having a stroke with this novel, Bitcoin more than 10K until December? share yours thoughts.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Xardasim

Activity: 1624
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 08:51:05 PM

In recent months only their name is spoken, but we could not see a movement. Now I am starting to think that they act like this to keep the price constant. I don't care what their decisions will be, just I wait for their decision. Already the last price will be what we want.
hero1111

Activity: 1582
Merit: 520

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 09:34:28 PM

This topic has been spoken for a long time and people wait for a positive decision about ETF  and my idea is SEC will except  ETF and after this decision bitcoin price will rise very fast. I am very hopeful about it.
blackhawkeye1912

Activity: 784
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 11:50:41 PM

Last August and September, this SEC decision on ETF somehow affected the mind set of the investors. Now, they are so numb about this. It means that investors will not be affected negativlely by SEC rejecting ETH. However, a positive decision might bring more trust from the investors leading to a bullish market.
figmentofmyass
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1483

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 12:09:52 AM

SEC will close the comments on CBOE ETF on November 5th, after this day they can reject, postpone or deny the ETF, in your opinion what will happen? if the ETF is rejected BAKKT will be able to push the prices up?

i'm guessing it'll be denied, as the "godfather of ETFs" suggests: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5062376.0

this is a very nascent market, a brand new class of assets, with exchanges distributed around the world under very different regulatory standards. i think their stated concerns about manipulation are fairly legitimate when you consider the market position of bitmex, okex, bitfinex and other opaque but high volume exchanges.

i wouldn't count on bakkt to push prices up.

rickadone
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1024

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 04:23:11 PM

We should certainly not put all of our faith into SEC accepting a bitcoin ETF. I mean it would be amazing if they did accept it but if they do not accept it than we should not be sad about it. There is still merit in getting a bitcoin ETF rejected as well. At least we are moving further with it and getting rejected, I honestly believe getting rejected is better than not existing at all. Would have been much better if there was no ETF that suppose to get rejected/accepted, so it is better than nothing, literally. This is why I want as many ETF offers as possible, don't care if they get accepted or not but as long as they exist and offer it than I am fine with it. SEC can reject only so many of them, eventually they will have to accept one of them and that will change a lot.
AAlex48

Activity: 336
Merit: 12

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 04:35:10 PM

I do not think that ETF will be accepted this year.Too little time has passed.Bakkt yes will increase the market, but it is not an instant solution.
Rustamm

Activity: 532
Merit: 18

Bitcoin lover!

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 05:54:41 AM

SEC will close the comments on CBOE ETF on November 5th, after this day they can reject, postpone or deny the ETF, in your opinion what will happen? if the ETF is rejected BAKKT will be able to push the prices up?, we have to keep in mind that the SEC is still analyzing all rejected ETFS again, is that a good sign? The next 3 months are the most important in the history of Bitcoin and it can start a new Bull Run, I'm almost having a stroke with this novel, Bitcoin more than 10K until December? share yours thoughts.
Now such a state of the market, that in the near future it should grow vseravno, Kskoye, would not have made the decision SEC. This decision may speed up or slow down this process a bit. For now, the whole intrigue is whether Bitcoin will grow before the New Year, which would be desirable for a quick recovery of the cryptocurrency market, or as early as 2019, but the stagnation of the market may then still be delayed, and taking into account various processes - for a long time.
Panchum

Activity: 378
Merit: 55

Be Good to me!

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 06:05:14 AM

Wow that's what people waited for,lm excited for the bull run lm going to monitor it and 'be happy for the good news to have hope in future months for the bull run.
chrisculanag

Activity: 1344
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 06:24:15 AM

Bull run are always expected of us , but i dont know if its happen because of that news . I hope the bitcoin starting to increasing before the end of year because i witness the big pump that happen in the history of bitcoin and i think this quarter bitcoin makes a big surprise to us.

xFiber

Activity: 336
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 06:31:27 AM

We should certainly not put all of our faith into SEC accepting a bitcoin ETF. I mean it would be amazing if they did accept it but if they do not accept it than we should not be sad about it. There is still merit in getting a bitcoin ETF rejected as well. At least we are moving further with it and getting rejected, I honestly believe getting rejected is better than not existing at all. Would have been much better if there was no ETF that suppose to get rejected/accepted, so it is better than nothing, literally. This is why I want as many ETF offers as possible, don't care if they get accepted or not but as long as they exist and offer it than I am fine with it. SEC can reject only so many of them, eventually they will have to accept one of them and that will change a lot.

I second this. At this point I feel like it's either getting rejected again or postponed. Right now since we don't have a lot of eyeballs of the mainstream attention we should take the opportunity to work hard on the technologies and stop worrying too much about price action, bull runs or desperately getting an ETF accepted, Let's put our efforts to making this environment grow and mature that way I'm sure an ETF will be accepted at some point in the future.
donadoni212

Activity: 456
Merit: 100

Borderless Mobile Finance Marketplace

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 08:11:47 AM

SEC decision regarding bitcoin and ETF, I think it is a bull run starting point, but if the SEC decides to reject it, then the BTC price will remain at 6k USD
By the way, is there an update on ETFs? It's November 5th, bro

vlad230

Activity: 616
Merit: 279

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 08:24:38 AM

I found an interesting article about this here: https://hackernoon.com/cboebitcoinetf-53992ec38a70

According to them there may be a price surge for bitcoin between 76% and 318% (similar to what is was for gold).

Let's hope they're right and bitcoin will start to skyrocket like it did last year Smiley
boyptc

Activity: 2996
Merit: 680

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 08:26:09 AM

It is a good sign that they are reviewing those rejected ETF's, it's either they really giving consideration to push those ETF's or it's also a sign that the news I've heard that there are people from SEC that are pro bitcoin.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
miltonpogi

Activity: 245
Merit: 11

Staker.network - POS Smart Contract ETH Token

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 08:32:41 AM

I'm already tired of hearing this. I don't really care that much now because it has been a bad year for Bitcoin. The result will still the same no matter their decision. If they approve it, then that's good, if they don't then it's still good. I think they only delay this because they want to control Bitcoin.

Greed Dev

Activity: 490
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 01:23:26 PM

I think the SEC will not be able to return to the Crypto market. This is a decentralized market and every transaction is anonymous. and that is the nature of the market. we can not change. So if the SEC is involved in our market, they will not be able to identify anything.

───────────────    IMO Ecosystem    ───────────────
Customer First, Innovation from Everyone, Fair & Transparent
TELEGRAM  ]              J O I N   U S              [   TWITTER   ]
andriarto

Merit: 253

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 01:56:10 PM

It is a good sign that they are reviewing those rejected ETF's, it's either they really giving consideration to push those ETF's or it's also a sign that the news I've heard that there are people from SEC that are pro bitcoin.
i hope for your number 2 option. With such support, we hope that the BTC price will return to normal, during this year we have been saturated with a downward trend, but for December, if it can reach $ 10,000, i think it is a good achievement

██▄     ▄▄░
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
████▀                   ▀████
████       ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▄   ████
████      ▄██████████▄▀    ████
████      ████████▀▀       ████
████  ▄▀ ▄██▀▀▀   ▄██      ████
████   ▀▀     ▄▄███▀       ████
████▄                   ▄████
▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
SECONDLIVE
CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS
|    Twitter    |  Telegram  |   Medium   |  YouTube  |   Discord   |    TikTok    |    GitHub    |
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   S T A K E   L I T T L E   W I N   B I G   
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
        ▄▄███████▄▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
   ████████████████████▄
  ███████▀▀▀█████████████
 ██████▌     ▀████████████
███████▀ ▀▀▄▄██▀▀▀█████████
██████             ▀███████
██████▄             ███████
 ███████▄▄        ▄███████
  ███████████▄▄▄▄█████████
   ▀███████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀▀
   ██████████████████████
Juggy777

Activity: 2646
Merit: 686

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 02:03:46 PM

The big day is here and like everyone I'm holding my breath for the announcement to be made by Sec in regards to bitcoins etf. As much as I would love to see an approval coming, I'm sensing it might not be approved after all, bitcoins prices have been sluggish in the build up, there's hardly any voices in the community sounding confident on it's approvals. I do feel that Bakkt has the potential to impact the market prices, however it'll need time to do so.
MainIbem

Merit: 386

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 03:10:56 PM

There are indications that the Bull run is underway. I just read this https://bitcoinist.com/santiment-bull-run-started/ which is analyzing this moves. Whether it is relative to the ETF approval or otherwise is what I cannot say.

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
CONFIRMED

cryptocrusher

Activity: 420
Merit: 136

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 03:22:53 PM

It seems a lot of people are optimistic for a SEC go ahead on ETFs but I think that they'll decline the applications once again, as you said - the fact they're still considering previous applications is promising and I think we'll see one accepted sooner rather than later. I think there are some signs of bullishness in the market but until certain resistance levels are broken the market should still be considered bearish.

b e t f o r m ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ SMART CONTRACT POWERED SOCIAL BETTING PLATFORM
                                                     A p p Download ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ Google Play   App Store     [ WEB VERSION ]                                 ❱❱JOIN b e t f o r m❰❰
                       F o l l o w us ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ WHITEPAPER TELEGRAM FACEBOOK TWITTER
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: