Bitcoin Forum
July 02, 2024, 10:39:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Dude...Whats your problem? Got issues? Questions..  (Read 280 times)
W.Wander (OP)

Activity: 31
Merit: 6

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 06:51:27 PM
Last edit: November 03, 2018, 07:02:05 PM by W.Wander
Merited by o_e_l_e_o (1)

Hey guys,

I’ve been involved with bitcoin since 2011, long time user but never much for posting on forums or anything.

I recently have been putting together information to write a paper and I’m doing some market research. I often read forums and have helped others in the past in person when it comes to explaining bitcoin and assisting interested persons in learning about all crypto. I notice a lot of repeating questions and issues with new users and i just want to get a broader look on the community's problems see how that match up with my current perspective, and see what can be done to help newbies/ prospective users.

So, some questions I have for new users of bitcoin/crypto, or even more advanced users that still have issues.

1. What do you find is your biggest issues/ struggles when it comes to learning about cryptocurrency?

2. What would you say is your biggest pain points about crypto in general?

3. ^^ What is so difficult about these things and why?
4. What have you tried to solve these issues? Did anything work? What didn’t work?
5. If you could ask one question about cryptocurrency that you would want an answer to what would it be?
6. What interested you in cryptocurrency to try to learn about it in the first place? What are your main interests in in the space now?
7. What are your motives for, or what do you want to achieve,  being involved in cryptocurrency? (What you hope to gain)
8. If there was something that could solve your issues regarding crypto, what do you think it would it be?

Feel free to answer any of these questions you feel like, or all of them if you choose, if you don’t want your answers publicized or you feel its too long to post, I’m more then happy to take them in email, just let me know and i can shoot you my email.

Also, for anyone potentially interested i’d also like to further interview anyone with pain points revolving bitcoin, maybe I could even help some users with answers to their issues as I have been involved with crypto for many years. I’m just interested in hearing what peoples issues most commonly in this space and what possible things can solve the community and its prospective members issues. If you’re interested in am email interview with just some further questions please feel free to email me  or also message me here we can set something up, who knows maybe I can even offer some insight on your issues. Thanks guys!
Velkro
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1014

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 08:42:18 PM

1. What do you find is your biggest issues/ struggles when it comes to learning about cryptocurrency?
4. What have you tried to solve these issues? Did anything work? What didn’t work?
5. If you could ask one question about cryptocurrency that you would want an answer to what would it be?
6. What interested you in cryptocurrency to try to learn about it in the first place? What are your main interests in in the space now?
7. What are your motives for, or what do you want to achieve,  being involved in cryptocurrency? (What you hope to gain)
8. If there was something that could solve your issues regarding crypto, what do you think it would it be?
ad 1. pos
ad 2. people
ad 3. hard/illiterate
ad 4. learn
ad 5. who is this genius satoshi nakomoto, but i dont expect answer
ad 6. beign my own bank
ad 7. invest good
ad 8. more guides about forks in general
W.Wander (OP)

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 03:38:29 PM
Merited by OgNasty (1)

7. What are your motives for, or what do you want to achieve,  being involved in cryptocurrency? (What you hope to gain)
ad 1. pos
ad 2. people
ad 3. hard/illiterate
ad 4. learn
ad 5. who is this genius satoshi nakomoto, but i dont expect answer
ad 6. beign my own bank
ad 7. invest good
ad 8. more guides about forks in general

So one of your issues with crypto is Point of Sale? What makes that a struggle for you? Does anyone else you know struggle with these issues or are their problems with crypto something different?

What is your issue with people in the crypto space?

What about forks do you find difficult to understand? Or why do you think fork guides would improve the crypto space? Do you find theres a lack of information regarding what forks are or more an issue on just how to claim them?

What type of things do you wish you had when you first began learning about crypto? What do you think would have made your learning curve quicker, easier? Such as, what did you wish existed or you could have had when you began entering the crypto space to make your learning process better, more complete or quicker?

What was hard about your beginning learning experience in crypto? Which parts and why?
LTU_btc
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1341

Slava Ukraini!

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2018, 11:59:03 PM

I'll try to answer your questions shortly.
1. I'm not tech savvy guy, so it's difficult to understand and learn all these technical things Bitcoin and crypto. So, I'm not trying to go deep into details.
2. Negative attitude from people, governments, news media towards crypto.
3. I think that lack of knowledge about crypto leads to spread of FUD.
4. Personally, I tried to educate my family members, friends about crypto. But most of them had bad initial opinion about crypto and I wasnt able to change their mindset.
5. Currently I don't have specific questions. But I would really like to talk with Satoshi Nakamoto, I would have many questions to ask him.
6. When I was new to Bitcoin I tried to learn about wallets, public and private keys and transaction fees. No I don't have specific points of interest.
7. I'll be straight - one of main motives is money. I want to earn some extra money from crypto. But at the same time I want to have full control of my money - crypto gives me this opportunity. I just hate banking system. And I believe that crypto is future - I want to be part of it.
8. If I would know the answer... One of the things which could help - clear regulations how to pay taxes for income made with crypto. Now this thing looks complicated and not understandable.

SFR10
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 3472

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2018, 07:44:28 AM

Its image/reputation among the public.

Greedy people ("get rich quick schemes").

a) Yes.
b) Yes but in a small scale.
c) Majority of them, see us (those that warn them) as a jealous/bitter person.

a) Limitless (in terms of usage [based on where I am]).
b) Catching/stopping scammers.

Freedom + scam-free environment.

More BTCitcoin and other crypto-currency ATMs (not related to my previous answers)...

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
W.Wander (OP)

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 03:52:58 PM

I'll try to answer your questions shortly.
1. I'm not tech savvy guy, so it's difficult to understand and learn all these technical things Bitcoin and crypto. So, I'm not trying to go deep into details.
2. Negative attitude from people, governments, news media towards crypto.
3. I think that lack of knowledge about crypto leads to spread of FUD.
4. Personally, I tried to educate my family members, friends about crypto. But most of them had bad initial opinion about crypto and I wasnt able to change their mindset.
5. Currently I don't have specific questions. But I would really like to talk with Satoshi Nakamoto, I would have many questions to ask him.
6. When I was new to Bitcoin I tried to learn about wallets, public and private keys and transaction fees. No I don't have specific points of interest.
7. I'll be straight - one of main motives is money. I want to earn some extra money from crypto. But at the same time I want to have full control of my money - crypto gives me this opportunity. I just hate banking system. And I believe that crypto is future - I want to be part of it.
8. If I would know the answer... One of the things which could help - clear regulations how to pay taxes for income made with crypto. Now this thing looks complicated and not understandable.

Being as you say, a not tech savvy guy, what were your biggest learning curves or hardest to figure out how to do when you were first learning about crypto? Why was this an issue and did you know others that had the same issues? How did you solve those problems in the past?

Do you feel theres a lack of information that is easily digestible for non tech savvy people? What thing do you wish you had found early on in your learning process that would have sped up or made easier to learn and understand crypto?

What do you currently find difficult to understand, or what would you want to be made easier for you to understand so you can do/use in the crypto-sphere? Anyone else you know that struggle to understand or learn about similar things? What do they say?
W.Wander (OP)

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 03:59:23 PM

Its image/reputation among the public.

Greedy people ("get rich quick schemes").

a) Yes.
b) Yes but in a small scale.
c) Majority of them, see us (those that warn them) as a jealous/bitter person.

a) Limitless (in terms of usage [based on where I am]).
b) Catching/stopping scammers.

Freedom + scam-free environment.

More BTCitcoin and other crypto-currency ATMs (not related to my previous answers)...

Tell me more about why you feel this way about scammers and seem to passionately want to stop them. Are you rewarded monetarily for this, or is it something you do just because you want to? Why?

You say freedom is something you wish to achieve with bitcoin, what do you mean by this? What freedom do you seek to have? Why?
Do you think others you know share your thoughts on these freedoms? What do they have to say about it?

What do you think is preventing this freedom short term, and on a personal level for you, not globally or government wise.
SFR10
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 3472

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2018, 09:05:14 AM

Tell me more about why you feel this way about scammers and seem to passionately want to stop them. Are you rewarded monetarily for this, or is it something you do just because you want to? Why?
a) Directly "NO" (indirectly, if you're participating in a signature campaign, you earn a small amount for some posts).
b) It's something that we (the community, not just me) do regularly (mainly due to the fact that scams aren't moderated in this forum [unfortunately] + catching/busting scammers is quite satisfying):

19. Possible (or real) scams and Trust ratings are not moderated (to prevent moderation abuse).

You say freedom is something you wish to achieve with bitcoin, what do you mean by this? What freedom do you seek to have? Why?
Other (mostly) online payments, restrict users based on their location (e.g. PayPal) but with BTCitcoin you won't have those limitations.

Do you think others you know share your thoughts on these freedoms?
Yes...

What do you think is preventing this freedom short term, and on a personal level for you, not globally or government wise.
Nothing (it's all about the latter part of the question).

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
LTU_btc
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1341

Slava Ukraini!

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2018, 11:54:53 PM

Being as you say, a not tech savvy guy, what were your biggest learning curves or hardest to figure out how to do when you were first learning about crypto? Why was this an issue and did you know others that had the same issues? How did you solve those problems in the past?

Do you feel theres a lack of information that is easily digestible for non tech savvy people? What thing do you wish you had found early on in your learning process that would have sped up or made easier to learn and understand crypto?

What do you currently find difficult to understand, or what would you want to be made easier for you to understand so you can do/use in the crypto-sphere? Anyone else you know that struggle to understand or learn about similar things? What do they say?
When I was new to Bitcoin it was difficult to understand even basic things. For example, then I was thinking that Bitcoin Core is the only available wallet and it's neccessary to download whole blockchain to use Bitcoin. But then I searched for more information and found answers that I needed.
Yes, I think there isn't enough information which would be easy to understand for newbies. There are so many specific therms which are important to know like peer to peer, mining, nodes, outputs, inputs, blocks, blockchain and etc - it's difficult to understand what these things means when you are new. I think that explanation of these things in simple words would definitely help for newbies and not tech savvy people. But on the other hand, it's difficult to find simple words to explain such thing like crypto.
Currently I'm not struggling to understand something, because as I said I'm no trying to go deep into details. But when I'm trying to explain some basic things about crypto to my friends or family members they barely can understand. For example I rember that I failed to explain how forks happen. And I noticed that they tend to believe in FUD that news media are spreading about Bitcoin and crypto.

Gershonxer

Activity: 237
Merit: 4

View Profile
November 12, 2018, 09:42:04 PM

1. Technical Analysis giving me headaches

2. Volatility

3. Market still small and can be easily manipulated

4................Huh?@#%&#

5. Is Satoshi Alive?

6. Low transaction fee of bitcoin back then

7. One of my core motives is to have my own blockchain or to work in one and then be financially happy

8. Very low fee, less forks, fast tx and crypto twitter
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: