Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 06:15:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The outcome of my bounty adventures  (Read 406 times)
bandar (OP)

Activity: 686
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2018, 10:59:10 PM

I'm a bountyhunter, or better: I was.  Roll Eyes

I'm a translator & did a sig or two.

In one year I made about 15 translations.  Some were just ANN, some ANN + BOUNTY & some including WP.  So what was my ROI?

I spent about 3-15 hours/project.
I researched for 1 hour/project
I spent about 3 hours/project communicating & reading Telegram/BTT

Just some facts:

3 out of 15 projects actually released a coin that is worth something.
I made about 50$/hour ranging from >1k$/hour in december 2017 to almost nothing these days (that's why I stopped)
3 projects were proven scams
7 more projects are still 'pending' with an inclination towards being scams/dead projects.
50% of the money comes from 1 project
40% of the money comes from another project
I had to wait 1 month for the most profitable bounty.
I'm waiting for more than 6 months for about 10 projects (of which I assume I will get noting from at least Cool

SO: was it worthwile?  yes  BUT only thanks to the crazy bullrun.  Would I recommend people for participating in bounties NOW?  HELL no...
carrigan

Activity: 728
Merit: 12

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 11:04:41 PM

You should be very thankful because your rank is Senior and you have experienced that very awesome tings and earning. If i were you, I will probably do the same. But, I was too late entering in the crypto and I am here right now. I still survive with my adventures, better called my risky adventures. Yeah, I still participate in bounty, signature campaign and sometimes do the content creation. So far, I think I have joined in 4 signature campaigns and only one of them that have given the payment for me. The least, still waiting for the distribution. It's so funny. But I try to enjoy this because this is my decision to enter in crypto world.
ImSuparmin

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

send and receive money instantly, with no hidden c

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 11:11:13 PM

it was amazing that my adventures followed the bounty, I kept working with bounties and there were lots of twists and turns that were faced, namely there were some bounties that I followed and could not be paid for maybe they could be called ICO scams, but on the other hand I already got quite a lot of money by following the bounty, and I was very happy.

ghermghuda

Activity: 284
Merit: 5

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 11:20:03 PM

Well, you were lucky but some people are also never gonna stop bounties. Even with this marker sentiments, some bounties get pooled in with so many hunters.
Anyways, as you said, thanks to the bull run and bad luck from this bearish season, that's why we're here now. We're all hoping it ends well for us.

[ CurioInvest ]: Bringing Collectables into the Digital World (https://curioinvest.com) [IEO LIVE]
bandar (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2018, 11:23:27 PM

You should be very thankful because your rank is Senior and you have experienced that very awesome tings and earning. If i were you, I will probably do the same. But, I was too late entering in the crypto and I am here right now. I still survive with my adventures, better called my risky adventures. Yeah, I still participate in bounty, signature campaign and sometimes do the content creation. So far, I think I have joined in 4 signature campaigns and only one of them that have given the payment for me. The least, still waiting for the distribution. It's so funny. But I try to enjoy this because this is my decision to enter in crypto world.

The only thing my senior got me was a chance to do translations quickly.  Translations is were my bountymoney was made, not sigs.  They were often peanuts compared to the translations (as they should be, translations take way more time).

Besides: I'm sick of these 'I need 100 words for my bountymanager so I talk crap all day'-posts that ruined the forum.  There: LESS than 100 words lol.  Grin
daladno12

Activity: 378
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 11:38:21 PM

Well, a lot of hunters abandon market because of overall depression. That's not bad for newcomers.

Besides, the old hunters could come back quickly (this is just a matter of few clicks) to their previous 'bounty job specialization' if Bullrun happens again.
raven.tiu17

Activity: 364
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 11:41:54 PM

Last Year I earned really big in bounties and that's how I appreciate how I value them, coz I know I have difficulties on holding them, actually one of the biggest mistake that I ever had when it got my stales om bounty I sell them without reading the whitepaper.
Cryptomilz
Copper Member

Activity: 182
Merit: 2

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 11:54:51 PM

Not a lot of bounty hunters would proudly refer to themselves by that title nowadays. Earnings from bounties have significantly reduced to the extent they've become ridiculous. It's becoming extremely difficult to make something tangible out of bounties anymore. Recently I received tokens from a project I participated in, and the after waiting for months to receive payment, value of the tokens was a paltry $12. I just smiled and pretended I didn't see it. But hey, it is what it is..
paul gatt

Activity: 896
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 12:02:24 AM

I have been involved in the money market for a long time. And now my nick has reached a high level. So the level when I join the bounty is very low points and sometimes not paid bonuses. This made me very depressed. Now you want to raise your nick it takes time.
Jackblack90909

Activity: 552
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 12:10:43 AM

Bounty is time-consuming without any doubt, but it is not really fair to compare the actual situation with the last year 2017. Nowadays the whole crypto market is down, and especially Ethereum price which dropped to 200$ compared to 1000$ or above the last year. This affected badly the ICO projects which use mainly the ETH smart contract platform.
daladno12

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 12:29:50 AM

Bounty is time-consuming without any doubt, but it is not really fair to compare the actual situation with the last year 2017. Nowadays the whole crypto market is down, and especially Ethereum price which dropped to 200$ compared to 1000$ or above the last year. This affected badly the ICO projects which use mainly the ETH smart contract platform.

Sometimes I think that we are all a little bit crazy). Just one year of the downtrend and we are all in panic. If we look to it from the other side: ETH was 0-100 many years and now it worth 200!! it's amazing growth actually.
moynul2050

Activity: 812
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 12:49:19 AM

It was not an easy job, I felt her anxiety. when hard work is worthless and we start to get bored and frustrated. Stop for a moment and start thinking of new strategies.
or leave and not join any bounty.
daladno12

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 01:15:07 AM

Another option is to sell bounty stakes before the end of token sale campaign. Now, it's possible to make here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5050817.msg46919261#msg46919261
sherenikaw

Activity: 630
Merit: 10

rocket.hashbon.com

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 01:31:06 AM

Everyone has different opinion and ideas about the bounty. SOme people may be stuck in the bounty and then left because bounty is no longer promising as in the last year. However, some people are still struggling to participate in bounty with all risks. Because still believe that bounty will face it the awesome era in the future. I myself still be part of bounty campaign and I love it.

HASHBON ROCKET
CDEX-CROSS-CHAIN DECENTRALIZED EXCHANGE PLATFORM
TOKENS FOR BITCOINTALK USERS FOR SIGNATURES! ANN TREAD ! WHITEPAPER ! LITEPAPER !
St4yInTh3D4rk

Merit: 264

"STAY IN THE DARK"

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 07:09:46 AM

People made the forum like this by just spamming all around and advertising in this forum becomes ineffective that is why bitcoin paying signature campaigns are getting rare nowadays.Don't just come here for the bounty participation get into healthy discussion and you will get incentives for that.

bustadice         ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
██████████████      ██████████████
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
                     ▄▄███████▄▄
                  ▄███████████████▄
   ███████████  ▄████▀▀       ▀▀████▄
               ████▀      ██     ▀████
 ███████████  ████        ██       ████
             ████         ██        ████
███████████  ████     ▄▄▄▄██        ████
             ████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ████
 ███████████  ████                 ████
               ████▄             ▄████
   ███████████  ▀████▄▄       ▄▄████▀
                  ▀███████████████▀
                     ▀▀███████▀▀
           ▄██▄
           ████
            ██
            ▀▀
 ▄██████████████████████▄
██████▀▀██████████▀▀██████
█████    ████████    █████
█████▄  ▄████████▄  ▄█████
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
       ████████████
[bustadice.
Play
bustadice]

Hero/Legendary
..bustadice..              ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
el_lobo
Copper Member

Activity: 266
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 09:32:22 AM

Yes, making money with bounties is not easy.
I notice that again and again, since i have not earned anything yet and i am currently participating in my third signature campaign.
Should this again bring no profit, i will give it up.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 3010
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 12:26:08 PM

Thanks for sharing your experience, I guess there are other bounty hunters that has the same experience.

But I think there are more bounties that has been profitable for all of you during the bull run. And after that, most of the bounties became scam and the devs of it aren't serious of distributing their tokens and even their stakes to their bounty hunters.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
leea-1334

Activity: 2282
Merit: 953

Temporary forum vacation

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 12:51:50 PM

Thank you for sharing this. Not many people keep track of all these things. I started a few bounties last year, for fun more than for anything else,,, and realized later on that it was not really something I enjoyed. Plus I got spammed so heavily on all of my channels I quit most of them.

I still read a lot and participate in some smaller community channels. And I still stick to signature campaigns, mainly because this is what I do anyway.

Like you said, people thought it was an amazing thing, but this was only because of the bull run.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.....I AM BLACKJACK.FUN.....
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
cryptobull3

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 05:29:48 PM

I think in 2018 that was very hard to make a good money out of bounties since many progects never touched their hardcap also a lot of coins and tokens went down in the price and I'm pretty sure it affected on their marketing budget , I hope it gets better in 2019!

◊ ◊ ◊ 𝗘𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲𝘂𝗺 𝗖𝗹𝗮𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗰 𝗩𝗶𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻 ◊ ◊  ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬   Free ETCV coins ◊ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    ANN ◊ ◊   ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ◊ ◊ Hard fork of Ethereum ◊ ◊  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  WhitePaper ▬▬  ▬▬  Github
                       ◊  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    Twitter ▬  ▬ Telegram ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ◊ ◊  All Ethereum holders will receive 3 ETCV  ◊ ◊ ◊
bandar (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2018, 10:24:23 PM

Nevertheless, I am very thankful for this extra cash.  I live in a first world country with a decent wage were this money is just some fun extra.  I can imagine that this kind of money is lifechanging for peope in third world countries.  I hope for them it was anyaway.  Given the amount of money that could be made and still can be made, though a lot less, I still wonder why there aren't 100.000's of buntyhunters.

I don't think the days of the big gains will return.  Crypto is more known now and if there's free money involved, it will atract so much bountyhunters (and crooks) that the profits will be flattened anyway, even in a bullrun.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: