Bitcoin Forum
May 31, 2024, 12:47:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 95% of Bounties Are Bullshit For Everyone Involved  (Read 1610 times)
cryptario
Copper Member

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 03:21:19 PM

Nearly all the ICOs are hot garbage so it's little wonder that the bounties and signature campaigns do little to make them successful.  Real projects with technical merit easily just get lost in the noise, so this bounty BS will continue.  That said we are looking for a manager to bring awareness to our project, which will not be doing an ICO.  
Tasiril

Activity: 122
Merit: 2

”Decentralized Digital Billboards”

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2018, 03:34:12 PM

I agree with some of your option but not with all. These traditional bounty campaigns were useful but with increasing number of participants people try to increasing their amount of friends and subscribers. But in option this traditional bounty rules must be updated. I believe social media is good place to promote anything but it should be used with proper plan. 

https://bidooh.io/ ▸▸  Decentralized Digital Billboards
Backed by OKEx & Director of Manchester United    ●●
nreal

Activity: 932
Merit: 100

arcs-chain.com

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 03:40:19 PM

I think the reality is more than 95%, even if you choose a good project to join you are still more likely to receive nothing, or a small amount of money than effort spent.

► ARCS ◄ ♦ ARCS - The New World Token (*Listed on KuCoin) ♦ ► ARCS ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Medium|Telegram|Whitepaper
dio1715

Activity: 490
Merit: 136

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 03:41:45 PM

Bounty hunters have become so useless that they now offer an ICO nothing. All their Facebook friends, Twitter followers, YouTube subscribers, whatever -- its all fake numbers and they always do the bare minimum to promote an ICO. Even ranks on this forum are faked. Merits are bought and sold, accounts can be farmed, purchased, for absolutely no purpose other than to spam this forum with useless information.

And what kind of traffic do they end up driving to an ICO website? Almost nothing. Most bounty campaigns literally have more participants than they will ever receive hits to their website, meaning the average traffic driven to a website by today's bounty hunter is less than 1 visit per month. Again, its because of all the fudged numbers. Everything is faked, nothing is real. There is no quality control whatsoever.

I really don't understand why anybody does social media bounty campaigns any more. Translations, graphic designers, website builders, app developers -- those are the real bounty hunters. Social media bounty hunters are just scum sucking parasites. They root through garbage trying to collect digital specs of nothing, leaving a trail of trash behind them.

Nobody wants to learn a thing about anything -- they just want "free money" as easily as possible, which usually ends up being worthless anyway. Would most of you just be sitting around doing nothing if you didn't consider this to be a means of "employment"? My guess is the answer is "yes." Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Bounty campaigns is an element of marketing. The projects do not spend anything. They pay for the work their own coins, not real money. This gives a certain effect. Perhaps it does not attract large investors, but it makes the project more famous. This is aggressive marketing, which gives a certain result.
rozak

Activity: 1960
Merit: 273

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 03:50:29 PM

not all bounties can be successful, there must be people who just want to get a profit. You cannot make such statements by talking that almost all bounties are bullshit. if you are more careful in choosing a project that will be followed it will not be experienced by you.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
wewe123

Activity: 322
Merit: 11

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 04:04:25 PM

Not really all , it is not 95 % the bounties are bullshit , there are really bounties that are trying to promote their project in a matter of good ways , bit there are also reslly bounties that are not honest and are serious scam bounty projects ,trying to make victims to some investors ,but not really most bounties are like this , there are bounties ,that are really well deserve support bounties.

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
▪  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy  ▪
▄▄█▀▀      Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  GitHub      ▀▀█▄▄
fathur01

Activity: 700

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 05:41:32 PM

I agree with you, most of what you have described is really true. Bounty companies and bounty hunters have really become a pointless appendage to the system. All in order to make money, but they have really can not earn only if you are not a trader, but if you are a trader then this forum you basically do not really need.
bellamente

Activity: 420
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2018, 05:49:04 PM

Very fair statement! I, as a bounty hunter, can say: 95% or even more companies are cheating and their tokens are worth nothing after ICO

This is a sad statistic.

cryptobae10

Activity: 658
Merit: 5

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2018, 06:05:08 PM

I think even though this are your ideas using bullshits to classify bounties are rude and disrespectful
Why ? Because you mean 95% ico are fake too

Which means you rank Etherum and eos in such category
Please provide more information to solidify your stake and claim
Noobaru

Activity: 504
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2018, 09:40:36 PM

As far as social media bounties are concerned, everybody can do them. But youtube, articles and translation, that is completely different story. You have to be at least educated a bit to be able to translate between different languages.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ■       SKYNET.co       ■ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     PRIVATE SALE is LIVE     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▌
muncuss

Activity: 674
Merit: 101

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 11:58:19 PM
Last edit: November 05, 2018, 12:08:33 AM by muncuss

Very fair statement! I, as a bounty hunter, can say: 95% or even more companies are cheating and their tokens are worth nothing after ICO

This is a sad statistic.
Haha very true  Cheesy
I also want to say, if OP want a fact, 96% of blog bounty participant, their post are worth nothing and i know this since first joined bounty world. majority are new blog or blog without visitor, very small effectiveness or none at all. Still they get accepted

Then why bounty manager or dev still accepting those useless post and blogs? because their token also worth nothing. they can get in trouble if they use high marketing like adsense or hiring high quality influencer

ricatop

Activity: 182
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 12:23:51 AM

I would not say that this is such a large percentage. rather, he is less, but he agrees that a lot of the bounty campanias turn out to be scam

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●  AZ FundChain  ●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●
FINANCIAL INCLUSION THROUGH DECENTRALIZED MONEY CIRCLES
http://beta.azfundchain.io
rabinot

Activity: 154
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 01:15:24 AM

unfortunately this is true and now there is a lot of scam and hope in the market than to participate in a project, you need to study it very well because there is a high probability that you may simply not pay it

⚫▶ BUILDERIUM.io Token Sale Starts ▶ July 23 th, 2018
cabron

Activity: 2842
Merit: 600

https://www.betcoin.ag

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2018, 02:23:30 AM

It seems you do not understand the crowd law. When you are an investor, you see a lot of advertising on a project, you will definitely pay attention and will want to learn about it. The purpose here is to crowd effect. The more it appears, the more it will affect your psychology. I think you have a very wrong view about marketing.

you're missing the point: most bounty hunters use fake followers, friends, subscribers, etc. therefore they are not really creating a "crowd effect" at all, but simply whispering into the wind. I recently had access to the Google Analytics data of an ICO and saw that in a 1 month bounty campaign, with 20 bitcointalk members wearing signatures, it drove exactly 3 hits to the project website. A complete waste of time for both parties involved.

Twitter, Google, Facebook are just as bad. A lot of bounty hunters complain about ICOs being scams but really they are equally as bad a scammer themselves by pretending to have influence they don't actually have, therefore both parties lose and nobody wins. I just don't understand how anybody makes money this way.

Do you guys really make money being a social media bounty person? How much? Like $30 a month? I'm genuinely curious.

Don't be curious about that $30/month they got. Just be curious whatever is here laid on the table for you.  A week later you'll realize its not worth talking to convince anyone to stop promoting ICOs, they are here to stay and bounty hunters stay. More projects to come for there are more platform battles ahead. The money going into crypto is less than 1% of the worlds money, we're working double time. Don't try to resist.  Grin

castiloros

Activity: 770
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 02:42:52 AM

Currently there are many bounty hunters who only use a Newbie account. Which means they have created a new account, maybe not just one.
Lots of people who have multiple accounts.
better in the future, allowed to join the Bounty is a minimum Jr.Member account.

I also often find people who intentionally use my account username to follow the bounty.
It is good advice to follow the rank limit makes the bounty for all types of campaigns. the social media campaign was indeed followed by many accounts a newbie and this may indicate that it had from a handful of people who make a new account. This is the garbage that's bad for bounty and even been mushrooming since a long time.
asepsetiawan1990

Activity: 532

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 02:58:38 AM

Rules in various bounties, for social media there are conditions that must be fulfilled in accordance with the Bounty, the hunters try to qualify in these conditions. Not infrequently they use poor methods. But I'm sure, in the world of cryptocurrency and the real world. Good and bad traits must exist. And naturally good things will still win.
StatesManG
Copper Member

Activity: 462
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 03:19:54 AM

Are we talking about bounty programs from icos or bounty hunter because the poster of this topic made everyone confused

► ARCS ◄ ♦ ARCS - The New World Token (*Listed on KuCoin) ♦ ► ARCS ◄
───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───
Website◂ | ▸Twitter◂ | ▸Medium◂ | ▸Telegram◂ | ▸Whitepaper
presduterte (OP)

Activity: 222
Merit: 58

They call me Rad Rody.

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 03:53:19 AM

Nearly all the ICOs are hot garbage so it's little wonder that the bounties and signature campaigns do little to make them successful.  Real projects with technical merit easily just get lost in the noise, so this bounty BS will continue.  That said we are looking for a manager to bring awareness to our project, which will not be doing an ICO.  

True... garbage attracts garbage. I just know that if I ever ran an ICO I would have very strict controls on my bounty program. Copy/pasters automatically disqualified for

-forum posts
-social media posts
-blog posts
-whitepaper translations

I know I'm just a Jr Member but I would also limit participants to Member and above.

For anybody who thinks I'm a bounty hunter, I'm not BTW. Never participated in a bounty, don't plan to in the future.
micle222

Activity: 784
Merit: 255

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 03:56:38 AM

I also often find people who intentionally use my account username to follow the bounty.
If you find something like this, just report it to the Bounty Manager and the usual boyunty manager will give a red stamp to the duplicate account in the spreadsheet.
Then you can also get more value when reporting cheaters, from some manager's bounties.
Kryten12

Activity: 448
Merit: 15

TREEBLOCK

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 04:09:08 AM

The Bear market has crippled the returns for the Bounty hunters whichever Medium they choose to subscribe with. I did some quality control for a project at the end of 2017 and 75 - 80% of the content created was simple copy and paste of the whitepaper or announcements. It's true that a lot of people will put in the minimum amount of effort required to try and claim their stakes. As far as the companies go, however, I still think it is cheap and effective advertising to use bounty hunters don't forget the tokens actually cost them next to $0 to mint.

TREEBLOCK.io   //   TOKEN GENERATING EVENT
▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶   ICO is LIVE  》 JOIN NOW!   |■■■
Telegram    ●    LinkedIn    ●    Youtube    ●    Twitter
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: