Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 02:37:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Stable Coins Necessary?  (Read 2928 times)
Bosx1ne

Activity: 540
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 26, 2019, 02:49:13 PM

Currently seems every project or crypto company wanna create a stable coin now, except USDT, currently we have GUSD, TUSD, PAX.

But do you think it's really necessary to have so many stable coins?
Yeah it is necessary. USDT is a stable coin and many traders are using it as a trading pair. I also using USDT as trading pair because it is easy to understand and it is easy to use than other trading pair.

"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cuo

Activity: 560
Merit: 185

View Profile
February 26, 2019, 03:03:59 PM

I think this is good step for mass adoption, so many people who use fiat can feel safe if want to use stable coin, cause as long as I know, they are afraid of some coins whose movements are very crazy.
beehimneff

Activity: 574
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 26, 2019, 03:45:00 PM

I don't think that's necessary. Creating such a large number of stable coins is the usual desire of the creators to make money on this, everything is quite simple and banal.
xuv500

Activity: 406
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 26, 2019, 03:57:44 PM

I think this is good step for mass adoption, so many people who use fiat can feel safe if want to use stable coin, cause as long as I know, they are afraid of some coins whose movements are very crazy.

It don't think this will be a right way for the crypto community to follow the this. there is no use for a stable coin I guess even the top coins are in stable zone now.
biznes35

Activity: 714
Merit: 253

View Profile
February 26, 2019, 05:43:40 PM

Why would that be a bad thing? After all, it would be much worse if the entire market was monopolized. Well that there are very stable and promising coins such as PERA and SUQA.
defoman

Activity: 448
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2019, 12:34:14 PM

I believe that this is not necessary, but most companies have a huge customer base and the introduction of their own stable coin will definitely be in demand and will provide various bonuses. In addition, there is a possibility that the coin will want to use and third-party users.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
https://www.minter.network
criket

Activity: 896

View Profile
February 27, 2019, 12:38:09 PM

I believe that this is not necessary, but most companies have a huge customer base and the introduction of their own stable coin will definitely be in demand and will provide various bonuses. In addition, there is a possibility that the coin will want to use and third-party users.
it is a possibility, or maybe it is the plan you want to do. in fact making the market community interested in a project is not easy. the development of the platform to be minimized by the market must certainly provide benefits to the market. when it has been reached, all the possibilities can be achieved.
Stavvay

Activity: 123
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 27, 2019, 12:39:13 PM

Reddit Alexis Ohanian Talks about Crypto Builders like PumaPay

https://pumapay.io/#/news/reddit-alexis-ohanian-talks-about-crypto-builders-like-pumapay
panganib999

Activity: 1736
Merit: 589

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2019, 01:37:36 PM

I don't think stable coins is a good idea at all since we already have fiat currencies why do we need to switch over stable cryptocurrency that will going to cost a fee when converted from fiat to cryptocurrency. This is only applicable for private companies with points system, they can create their own, but creating it for the market? its no use at all.
Alisha FR

Activity: 868
Merit: 106

View Profile
February 27, 2019, 02:02:53 PM

I think a stable token will increase crypto use, because the developers want their tokens to survive, the solution to surviving is that there must be price stability, but don't forget the cryptocurrency system will create fluctuating dynamics in prices, and certainly, cryptocurrency cannot be easily predicted.

electronicash
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1051

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2019, 02:12:06 PM

I think a stable token will increase crypto use, because the developers want their tokens to survive, the solution to surviving is that there must be price stability, but don't forget the cryptocurrency system will create fluctuating dynamics in prices, and certainly, cryptocurrency cannot be easily predicted.

price of stable coin doesn't fluctuate but stays the same. if there are lots of entity like JPMorgan create stable coin, its likely they are up to scam by buying more BTC and dump them all to their stable coin and buy again over and over. they have to own such stable coin to control the market, i doubt the exchange that will list this stable coin but i would assume JPMorgan has their own puppet exchange.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
Chinsmokers

Activity: 403

View Profile
February 27, 2019, 02:21:32 PM

The market's volatility is very advantageous for us so that we can earn more but at the same time if not careful we can loss everything. But we need some stable coins so that we can have a base like foundation to follow.
clipman77
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1008

View Profile
February 27, 2019, 02:37:07 PM

I think that stable coins are needed, but not in such quantities as now, there are already more than ten varieties, not all of them will be able to stay in this market and I think that in time we will have many of them to collapse.
dearbesz1219

Activity: 924
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 27, 2019, 02:37:38 PM

There are more and more new stable coins and more and more new ideas how to back the value. For example voins backed by diamonds, by digital assets and so on.
SvonioneFromMangoCoinz

Activity: 663

https://streamies.io/

View Profile
February 27, 2019, 03:10:52 PM

Currently seems every project or crypto company wanna create a stable coin now, except USDT, currently we have GUSD, TUSD, PAX.

But do you think it's really necessary to have so many stable coins?
It is really necessary. When the market is down, USDT is the first thing I seek. I will take a loss and buy lots of USDT before the storm comes. even when the storm comes, the price of USDT will increase and we will still be profitable when trading USDT.
The more coins issued, the USDT will need to affirm its credibility. Competition always makes the market more attractive and perfect. Wink

S T R E A M I E S -  Streaming in Anonimity  -  No rules
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●●     Whitepaper Released    ●● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DISCORD    -    BITCOINTALK    -    WEBSITE    -    EXCHANGE
Fluxtorrence9

Activity: 336
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 27, 2019, 03:25:31 PM

In crypto space stable coins play a bigger role ,from trading to buying coins and tokens , with stable coins you can take advantage of market price especially when buying the dips ,for example if you buy stable coins of 100$ at 1$ per one and hodl you can buy once costly coins or tokens when market falls in price ,it will result into more profits and quantity of the coins/tokens,thanks to stable coins which makes fiat useless in crypto space
barnesibrahim143

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 27, 2019, 03:47:21 PM

I think that all stablecoins are quite useless and not so safe as they declare.. no one is sure that these coins are really pegged to something with real deposits of $ in some banks.... I still prefer to buy $ when I need $....

STASIS makes the investor sure that each EURS (euro pegged stablecoin) is backed by one fiat euro. You can check it here: https://stasis.net/transparency/. They also promise a full audit in the upcoming month Smiley
bangdol

Activity: 345

View Profile
February 27, 2019, 03:59:44 PM

There are more and more new stable coins and more and more new ideas how to back the value. For example voins backed by diamonds, by digital assets and so on.
now there have been many assets like that. everything must be done by the developer if they want their coins to stay in the market with the increasing number of communities and the use value of coins.
romero121
Legendary

Activity: 3178
Merit: 1213

View Profile
February 27, 2019, 04:05:40 PM

Stable coins play a big role in the trading platform. Majority of the altcoins listed to the exchanges will be having a trading pair with any of the stable coin. This is to keep the market capital strong along with maintaining a stable portfolio unlike the market fluctuation. When there is bear trend changing to a stable coin will not let the value fall low.

█████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
Froy

Activity: 476

https://saturn.black

View Profile
February 27, 2019, 04:11:42 PM

Only with the help of truly stable coins can there be a chance to gain the trust of ordinary people who want reliability, therefore the answer is obvious, such coins are needed and as much as possible

SATURN
Liquidity providerfor crypto markets Cross-chain Exchange & OTC trading Platform
────────  Facebook Twitter ♦  Telegram ♦  Blog ♦  Bitcointalk   ────────
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: