Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 07:37:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Stable Coins Necessary?  (Read 2934 times)
bitcoinm3ster

Activity: 409
Merit: 10

Join @Bountycloud for the best bounties!

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 01:50:53 AM

Currently seems every project or crypto company wanna create a stable coin now, except USDT, currently we have GUSD, TUSD, PAX.

But do you think it's really necessary to have so many stable coins?

At the current time, I see Bitcoin is being the stablest coin in market  Grin . Just a little kidding, I think in the future, stable coins will have an important role in this market, it helps this market more stable and more reliable

Caladonian

Activity: 1302
Merit: 540

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 03:19:51 AM

I like stable coins, and here is the kicker. I think they are what will replace USD. Bitcoin, ethereum, eos etc. they all have their uses, but they can only be used like gold or used in apps, and I think you will be buying your pizza and coffee with stable coins, and not bitcoin, but you will buy stable coins with bitcoin.
Logically, if that will be introduce then it's more effective while working with crypto, stable coins can be the alternative inside crypto so instead of exchanging your btc or any crypto to fiat before buying goods stable coins can be do that as mediators, the concerned with that is since we are inside
volatile market how can it be possible and what would be the basis value of any stable coins just in case, as right now most of coins id not everyone are
still leaning with btc.
cola-jere

Activity: 665
Merit: 107

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 03:59:21 AM

Currently seems every project or crypto company wanna create a stable coin now, except USDT, currently we have GUSD, TUSD, PAX.

The need to have many stable coins arose due to the undisclosed audit of USDT that it has the same USD in it's reserves to back the circulating supply of USDT.
GUSD, TUSD and USDC claimed that their "crypto" in circulation are fully audited.

Stable coins that have parity close to the USD is very good to preserve asset/portfolio value on downturns.
el_lobo
Copper Member

Activity: 266
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 04:16:00 AM

Stable coins are a good invention and the more we have, the better, i would say.
Of course, not every stable coin is accepted everywhere, so it is good to have more than one.
Cat Coin

Activity: 532
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 04:20:28 AM

Stable coins are necessary, and not one, so that in the future you can switch to the use of cryptocurrency in everyday life. As long as there is an unstable market, we cannot expect new users who do not want risks, but are ready to be consumers.

lelou

Activity: 574
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 04:28:33 AM

One stable coin is enough I think but there's nothing wrong having more stable coins as long as they don't have the same value.
Omela44
Copper Member

Activity: 266
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 04:56:54 AM

Stable coins are necessary, because it should make it easier to trade crypto against fiat with stable coins. For many exchanges fiat money is a problem and a stable coin should be the solution. In addition, it is good to have several stable coins, if one of them is not so stable.
grendel25
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1031

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 04:57:17 AM

There can be many iterations of stable coins.  Stable coins do not simply have to be tied to one fiat currency or another such as USD, Chinese Yuang, Japanese Yen, or whatever.  The concept of stable currencies can be linked to anything that has something to reinforce a certain value or even a steadily growing value such as what LAPO blockchain strives to achieve.

Really, stable coins are all about control and less about being locked to some simplistic view of what a stable coin is in general.  

..EPICENTRAL .....
..EPIC: Epic Private Internet Cash..
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████████████▀▀█████▄
▄████████████▀▀▀    ██████▄
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
▀████████▌▐       ████████▀
▀████████ ▄██▄  ████████▀
▀█████████████▄███████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████▀█████▀████████▄
▄██████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀██████▄
██████▌             ▐██████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
▀█████▄  ▄▄     ▄▄  ▄█████▀
▀██████▄▄███████▄▄██████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
[/center]
kalstarzz

Activity: 770
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 05:14:04 AM

for me stability is very important and must be owned by every coin or token. if the stability is not possessed then the coin is fast or is said to be the loss of the interested ones.
why is that?
the answer is because investors are reluctant to invest in coins or tokens that cannot be determined in the direction of their future. so stability is very important, if not, the coin will end.
mummybtc

Activity: 868
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 05:43:58 AM

It is simple, everyone want a cut of the pie, if one look at the success of Bitfinex it was directly tied to the level of prining of Tether coin by Bitfinex and the exchange has made alot of good profit doing so. I have my issue with Tether but out of these StableCoins it is still the one a trusted most because it has passed the test of time
Vektrum

Activity: 420
Merit: 14

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 05:52:19 AM

Stable coins are necessary, and not one, so that in the future you can switch to the use of cryptocurrency in everyday life. As long as there is an unstable market, we cannot expect new users who do not want risks, but are ready to be consumers.
Yes, stable coins are very convenient and practical when working with cryptocurrency. These are practically auxiliary coins that are not used for profit, but very well help other cryptocurrency users in this. Stable coins are very good for use as a buffer and a sump.
Sevarchik

Activity: 420
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 05:55:18 AM

I think need to provide ico's with stable coins now.
Because i see many ico postpone their ico by the reason what eth price go down, its rofl

l10no

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 06:43:48 AM

Having stable coins does not make us worry, but now it can be guessed, if there are new coins entering the market. direct dumping prices. we can predict it like that. if you don't believe, open the busiest exchange at the moment, call it Binance.
fortelen

Activity: 728
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 07:18:59 AM

at least in the stability that will make investors be safe. It certainly will have an impact also in making the market into shock rarely have meaning. but for security is indeed the stability of coin will be indispensable for those who fear losses in crypto. at least it will be an alternative to keeping fixed assets can be expected to get results.

whitepaper[large]DataBloc [/large]| website
The Airbnb of Data Services

[small]Twitter | YouTube | Telegram | Facebook | LinkedIn | Reddit[/small]
@rt27

Activity: 227
Merit: 3

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 07:30:58 AM

According to my opinion it is very impossible that there will have stable coin which the market is unstable. Bitcoin leads crypto and will continually lead it maybe until forever. Well, if there will have stable coin then I assume the market is stable.
Zurcermozz

Activity: 560
Merit: 16

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 07:33:11 AM

yes i think its much better to the coin and its developer to make the coin stable, since it may not cause panic selling , also if you have stable coin, more investor will likely to join and invest on it since there is no chance of failure.
Annieluvyou

Activity: 700
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 07:39:15 AM

As much as possible is needed for stable coin to be available, that could give everyone a choice that it could be used as one shape of investment.
With stable coin there will be less chance to have a decline in a price.

waser12

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2018, 07:49:46 AM

The range and supply of stable coins is OK but I don't think that we need so many stable coins, it just enough one that we can trust.

Crypto_lion

Activity: 630
Merit: 11

NEW MEDICINE:Faster, Safer, Smarter

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 07:55:37 AM

Stable coins are definitely necessary for trading point of view as right  now we can't withdraw and convert to don't immediately so it always provides an immediate option.

❱_    ClinTex     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     NEW MEDICINE:   Faster,   Safer,   Smarter
   ❪  TELEGRAM  ❫                 ❪  TWITTER  ❫                 ❪  LINKEDIN  ❫   
██████████████████████   J O I N   ██████████████████████
tuthienloc92bk

Activity: 364
Merit: 34

Fast, Smart, Trustworthy

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 07:56:20 AM

There are some exchanges which will allow users trade with multiple fiat - cryptocurrency pairs. So, I think Stable coin will be useless in near future.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: