Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 01:41:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Bitcoin too difficult to understand?  (Read 2027 times)
project_delta (OP)

Activity: 98
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2018, 10:50:55 AM

So I was watching "The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon" and I came across a video where Jimmy is talking about Bitcoin's Birthday  " Thank you, Bitcoin for turning 10 years today this week which is the exact amount of time it takes for someone to explain it to me what the hell Bitcoin is".
Also, I know it was meant as a joke but don't you think this explains facts in a humorous way!
I feel like the biggest problem with Bitcoin is the "understanding" of it.
What do you think?
If you want to watch the video, here's the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3Hma8DKXS8&t=100s
(0:53----1:07)

PROJECT DELTA
Shaping the Future of Blockchain
Project DELTA develops a game-changing Blockchain Protocol; projectdelta.io/
bitcoinrewardowner

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 11:17:25 AM

Very very few of the people who use Bitcoin will actually properly understand all the technical details of it, but that doesn't mean it can't be a valuable asset. I still think that general public don't even grasp the basic concept of Bitcoin either though.

There is a lot of mystery still surrounding Bitcoin for the average Joe. That is why a lot of people still associate Bitcoin with 'ponzi scheme' and other bad things, simply because they don't understand it. It's hard for people to get their head around the idea that a virtual commodity can actually be worth real world 'money'. But times are changing fast, its the same principle that the original implementation of the Internet had, everybody thought that this will never catch on and never be big, but now look at us.

Give it 10 years, the Bitcoin ecosystem will be a VERY different thing and people will have started to get their head around how Bitcoin works even at the most basic level, I think this is the time where will be see a very big re-rate in terms of the price and market value as a whole.
walemil

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 11:30:51 AM

Bitcoin definitely has to pass through the stage of understanding it for  people to be able to use it worldwide. This cannot happen overnight because it is a process. Understanding virtual banking and electronic fund transfer was not easy when newly introduced but people got used to it over a period of time. Same will happen with bitcoin. I learn that some schools are already teaching cryptocurrency.
nicster551

Activity: 896
Merit: 253

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 11:41:59 AM

So I was watching "The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon" and I came across a video where Jimmy is talking about Bitcoin's Birthday  " Thank you, Bitcoin for turning 10 years today this week which is the exact amount of time it takes for someone to explain it to me what the hell Bitcoin is".
Also, I know it was meant as a joke but don't you think this explains facts in a humorous way!
What do you think?
If you want to watch the video, here's the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3Hma8DKXS8&t=100s

Not truly, because for some people do not try to understand it and just using it because they know that they could get a lot of money from it and doesn't need so much information on how to use it.
aoluain
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1265

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 11:43:55 AM

All anyone needs to know is how to install a wallet and how to send and receive.
Not everyone needs to know how it is mined or any other technical details about it.

I would argue that not everyone knows exactly what interest rate they pay on various
loans they may have for example but they still use them.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
creeps

Activity: 742
Merit: 144

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 11:49:14 AM

Yes, its hard to understand in the first time you heard things about bitcoin, but of course you will not stop from that because if you really want to fully understand bitcoin you will use all the resources you have just to learn more about bitcoin.

We all experience a hard times reading lot’s of numbers in this market, but we are here now still buying and selling and this is a result of hard work and patience, beginners must wear this kind of willingness and don’t give up easily.
KryptoKnight78

Activity: 61

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 11:52:15 AM

If you are a techy person ,understanding Bitcoin how it works is pretty simple. If you know how torrent works and P2P devices. You will easily grasp the concept of blockchain.
ansarose1

Activity: 784
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 12:02:33 PM

For me, it depwnds upon the peraon who are going to explain to someone to understand the concept of bitcoin. Me as a newbie, its difficult for me to understand in the firat time that it was explain to me, however i take part of the idea and reads more and research to be able to fully understand bitcoin and cryptocurrency.
TheBeardedBaby
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 3134

₿uy / $ell

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 12:12:03 PM

It's the same as to try to explain back in the 90s how do computer/internet works to your parents/grandparents, it's almost the same thing.
Back in the day I did't have enough knowledge to explain it correctly, I know that it did work to send an email and it was easy. To explain Assembler or The OSI model to someone without the correct technical background is almost useless.
It will take some more time to become popular like the PCs, I'm sure that 90% of the people behind the screens nowadays cannot tell the difference between HDD and RAM but they use computers/mobile phones everyday.
It will be the same with blockchain, now bitcoin is like Netscape navigator it may be replaced,modified or changed in the future but it will definitely be a part of the modern history.

Jaycee99

Activity: 1036
Merit: 273

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 12:58:57 PM

What do you think?

Sorry but first I want to say this  line. I think you should know bitcoin because you joined here for something right? and that is related to bitcoin. itself which means you need to say know a little bit of bitcoin before you joined here BUT still, who am I to judge here so there can be many posibilities on why you joined. right?

So here many explained it but here is what Iam just going to say and explain.

1. An investment
2. A considerable money/Electronic currency
3. To others it is a scam but like money it is hard to handle so in the end learn it so no SCAM will occur.
dewildance

Activity: 546

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 01:01:47 PM

Not everyone can understand Bitcoin easily. But you don't need to. It can be learned in a long way. There is a lot of information about Bitcoin and blockchain on the Internet.
paparexon0414

Activity: 432
Merit: 126

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 01:06:34 PM

Even me i am not aware of the true meaning of bitcoin. I just understand the basic term of it. If i go further of its depth i will be confuse more with the different term. But if we just have the willingnes to learn, it will be easy to adopt its meaning. As of now, bitcoin for me is an alternative mode of payment done online. Can be trade with different product. It depends on how we interpret as a whole. Luckily for us that internet will feed us different information but we just be more careful in choosingp what to read.
mocacinno
Legendary

Activity: 3402
Merit: 4994

https://merel.mobi => buy facemasks with BTC/LTC

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2018, 01:06:40 PM

People usually don't go indepth on any tech, we don't need everyone to understand the underlying tech just the scan the qr code of the receipiant and type the amount to send.

My feelings exactly!
There are a couple things people should know: there is no central authority, you are your own bank... The content of your wallet file is all a hacker needs to steal from you, and a transaction is irreversible...

Everything else isn't important for the "average" user (IMHO). Everything he/she needs to know can be deducted from these 4 facts, for example: it's not a good idear to give anybody access to your wallet file (not even an online wallet service)... Or: it's not a good idear to pay a random guy over the internet...

Like kingcolex already said, most people don't understand the tech they're using on a day to day basis... An example a bit closer to bitcoin: do you think 50% of the people using an ATM machine know how this machine works on a technical level? Do you think they know how bills and coins are being created by their central bank? Do you think they know how the local or global monetary system works? They don't care, they don't need to care Smiley. All they know is: they have to give their employer a bank account number, if the employer sends funds to this number, they can take a plastic card, put it in a slot in the wall and get some weird pieces of paper. He/she can then exchange these pieces of paper for goods or services.

Offcourse, bitcoin still has a long way to go before it becomes as enduser-friendly as it should be (imho).

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Hivalley

Activity: 210
Merit: 19

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 01:39:58 PM

There are the very basics that are very easy to understand by all and sundry..
There are some easy terms,facts and features of the system that one can grab immediately without putting in much of an effort..

But the technical aspect which I for one lack quality knowledge about maybe a bit tricky for some,while also easy for others

So basically it's neither easy nor difficult,it just depends on your ability and willingness to learn based on a particular aspect of the technology
sehoon

Activity: 840
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 01:46:35 PM

To be honest, in the first time that I read about bitcoin, it made me think a lot of times because I know what is bitcoin but I don't really know what it is all about so I really don't know if I should try to get some and earn money. But when I got to this forum I learned a lot of things especially other things like bitcoin is not the only cryptocurrency but there is also altcoins like Ethereum and XRP.

Gloverwrt

Activity: 126
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 01:54:34 PM

Bitcoin is not that difficult to explain for anyone actually interested in learning, you'd of course start with the basics and not just get the entire idea in one sitting.

Although you don't have to fully understand it to invest in it, people seek legal and expert advise in numerous investments. Why not bitcoin?
And getting actively involved in it, and using the terms and inevitably reading more about it would increase your understanding.
riyarana1123
Copper Member

Activity: 126

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2018, 01:54:51 PM

There are different types of people who are using bitcoin these days in every mode such as investment,payment method etc not every one have a good knowledge of bitcoin to understand the whole bitcoin you need an expert who can tell you single-single thing about bitcoin but in my opinion its not necessary while working with bitcoin a person having minimum knowledge of computer can also operate bitcoin after a once or twice use.

♛ SATURN♛
Liquidity providerfor crypto markets Cross-chain Exchange & OTC trading Platform
giantrobot

Activity: 564

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 02:07:00 PM

Bitcoin is not too difficult to understand if you use it normally. Just like how you use the money normally, Bitcoin needs technology savvy to use transactional devices, which can be difficult for the elderly. Bitcoin needs to coexist with flat currencies, which is the most logical thing to do.
BQ

Activity: 616
Merit: 53

CoinMetro - the future of exchanges

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 02:12:50 PM

People usually don't go indepth on any tech, we don't need everyone to understand the underlying tech just the scan the qr code of the receipiant and type the amount to send.

this is the way it should be viewed!

either way what's the definition of "understanding bitcoin"?
can't really just say "bitcoin is safe" maybe, but understanding the basics of decentralization, trustlessness and nodes seems like it shouldn't take many minutes to grasp!

5 EUR free crypto on signup! XCM exchange token ⚜⚜⚜  CoinMetro - Copy Trading - Margin - 0% maker fee  ⚜⚜⚜ - generate €500 volume in July for a chance to win €100!
jcmansah7

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 02:20:57 PM

Well the blockchain technology is quite complicate but with constant and careful review i am sure everyone can understand it. Being part of this forum has helped me understand several aspect s of the blockchain technology and how it has been used in creating other cryptocurrencies. Well i guess we can solve this issue if seminars and conferences are held to teach people more about bitcoin and its related aspects.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: