Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 12:40:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ethash 900 MH/s for $3700 would you go?  (Read 610 times)
ArtSmart (OP)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 12:11:09 PM

Friend of mine is selling rigs with RX574 in total of 900 MH/s for $3700. I think it is quite good price. Would You buy it during this "mining is dead" time? Smiley
tg88
Legendary

Activity: 2422
Merit: 1412

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 12:24:53 PM

The main point is, how much do you pay for Kwh?
ArtSmart (OP)

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 12:27:50 PM

0.11 USD/kWh
deadsix

Activity: 751
Merit: 517

Fail to plan, and you plan to fail.

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 01:42:10 PM

I would buy em, I have been accumulating GPU's for the last 4 months now and mining at 0.12usd/kWH. $120 is a pretty good price for the RX 570's even if you do not plan on mining with them since they are easily resold at $130-140.

Ethereum/Zcash/Monero Mining Bangalore https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1703592
ManDoneKTM

Activity: 150

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 01:46:45 PM

Hello , and where are you from ? I can negociate the prices and also i can buy it Smiley
yrk1957

Activity: 529
Merit: 29

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 01:55:48 PM

Hello , and where are you from ? I can negociate the prices and also i can buy it Smiley

You are going to negotiate with "his" friend and buy it instead of him? Really?

Unless you are bidding up? Either case OP should stay away from you.
Thevaibhvav.arora

Activity: 22

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 08:58:24 PM

Friend of mine is selling rigs with RX574 in total of 900 MH/s for $3700. I think it is quite good price. Would You buy it during this "mining is dead" time? Smiley

If the miners are in good shape, this is a good price..
bobo012

Activity: 714
Merit: 257

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 09:11:23 PM

Good price, you should buy and mine if you have a place to put them in.
Mining might be bad right now, but it will turn around, maybe soon maybe not, but it will.
leowonderful
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129

Bitcoin FTW!

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 10:57:56 PM

What's the wattage like on the cards, how many cards are there, and how fast does each card hash? The break-even period's pretty nice on these cards assuming each one runs at a wattage of around 93 watts and the entire setup uses around 3000 watts, but I can't be completely sure because you only provided information regarding the hashrate of the rig, but even with these numbers that I'm estimating, it's a decent deal, even if you're just selling the cards. I estimate there's around 36 cards total at 900 MH/s, and even if there's less, you're getting some pretty decent profit if each sells at $130-140, and I'm not even accounting for the additional value in the motherboard, PSU, etc. I'd go for it if I were you.
stomachgrowls

Activity: 2898
Merit: 776

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 11:06:04 PM

0.11 USD/kWh
For that energy cost it would be considerable to mine yet this would still give out some outcome but same as others said i would really get this rig yet reselling this cards will
already get you some profits.Your choice though and you have seen what most people are suggesting here.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
GGurol

Activity: 112
Merit: 31

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 06:45:13 AM

Its abnormal price. Im not sure Its logical to sell with these prices even if he is in a worse situation.
Many miners sells their staff but not like that. See many 50% prices but its ...
Dunno. Hope you got them and they have no issues.

adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 1723

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 07:20:07 AM

Its abnormal price. Im not sure Its logical to sell with these prices even if he is in a worse situation.
Many miners sells their staff but not like that. See many 50% prices but its ...
Dunno. Hope you got them and they have no issues.

How is the price abnormal. He said they are RX 570, and lets say they get 30MH/s, so he most likely has 30 GPUs.

$3700 divided by 30 GPUs is around $120 USD. Which is actually what they are going for on eBay. I have actually seen some sell for less than $90.

The motherboards, CPUs, PSU also have some value.

Hence its not a bad deal, if the crypto market never recovers he might be able to break-even at least when he sells his hardware to someone else.
GGurol

Activity: 112
Merit: 31

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 07:28:24 AM

Yeah, I meant that too. PSUs, MBs, Rams,... costs a lot.
It makes much less than 120 USD per card.
Anyway, at the end, nice price. I would check & buy even in red market.

ArtSmart (OP)

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 07:50:13 AM

Yep, it is 30 GPUs. I don't want to waste my time selling it one by one. I already have such amount of GPUs. I just want to lower my cost of farm, because previous ones where bought in 2017 December 2018 January when high prices kicked in... Speaking about el. consumption I will squeeze easily 6GPU rig to 700 Watts with 180MH/s. So 3500W in total, i don't know how eowonderful could make them run with only 3000W.
BillieCrypt

Activity: 223
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 09:18:53 AM

Next year, Ethereum switches to the PoS algorithm, so don’t expect large mining income while maintaining the current yield. But you have to know that price of this equipment is quite interesting.
ArtSmart (OP)

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 09:26:04 AM

But they are quite good on cryptonight about 5000 H/s Smiley
fanatic26_

Activity: 294
Merit: 129

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 06:49:37 PM
Merited by leowonderful (1)

at your power price it will take you like 18 months to pay those off, I wouldnt do it with such a crazy high power price
leowonderful
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129

Bitcoin FTW!

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 09:01:59 PM

Yep, it is 30 GPUs. I don't want to waste my time selling it one by one. I already have such amount of GPUs. I just want to lower my cost of farm, because previous ones where bought in 2017 December 2018 January when high prices kicked in... Speaking about el. consumption I will squeeze easily 6GPU rig to 700 Watts with 180MH/s. So 3500W in total, i don't know how leowonderfulcould make them run with only 3000W.
I haven't mined with 570s in a while as I've sold off most of my rigs and I used numbers from a post I saw on another forum I saw a year ago, my bad considering I was just guesstimating. Still, it's going to take a bit of time to break even like fanatic mentioned if you plan on just mining and not immediately selling off the parts, and if you do choose to go through with this, the resale value offsets the risk somewhat. If things don't turn out well for you and you've mined for a few months, you'll have broken even and then some, and the 570s likely won't drop too much further in pricing soon.
FFI2013

Activity: 906
Merit: 507

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 09:30:39 PM

I'd buy them this bare market cant go on forever, also I don't get why people are still on this mining eth shit I haven't mined eth or eth like coin in months I flashed my bios back to stock and running stock clocks and mining other coins and making almost double of what I would if mining eth there are others out there don't be scared eth isn't everything or you can keep the bios flashed and mine cn coins
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 1723

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 08:12:03 AM

I'd buy them this bare market cant go on forever, also I don't get why people are still on this mining eth shit I haven't mined eth or eth like coin in months I flashed my bios back to stock and running stock clocks and mining other coins and making almost double of what I would if mining eth there are others out there don't be scared eth isn't everything or you can keep the bios flashed and mine cn coins

There are no coins out there which make double the profit of ETH. There is XMR V8 which makes maybe like 10 cents a day extra however the RX gpus are a pain to configure so they run stable at 1000 H/s and the extra 10 cents a day profit, is not worth the headache of playing around with them.

The other coins are very low cap and sometimes you can get lucky and sell at a good price when it hits an exchange however most of the time there are other miners which are all thinking the same thing and they will also dump and cause the price to crash fast and you just end up mining at a loss.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: