Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 05:05:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [Sapphire] [SFRX] [POW] sidechain [DEX] with quantum swaps 5 sec BTC  (Read 2413 times)
buzzkillb

Activity: 1021
Merit: 324

View Profile
July 09, 2019, 01:35:04 AM

discord has been getting some good updates recently.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
R3DEY3

Activity: 338
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2019, 08:58:31 AM

Zero & EtherGem (Sapphire) - Private Smart Contracts
osoese (OP)

Activity: 133
Merit: 7

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2020, 11:09:24 AM
Last edit: July 19, 2020, 11:20:06 AM by osoese

After a little bit of a rebuilding period SFRX development is back on. Some of the concepts in using crypto are advanced to even me as a developer and take some time to work though. One of the things I had issues with in the previous almost release was I tried to make my own Patricia Merkle Trie type structure without studying why it was used that way in ETH. I also couldn't figure out how to use it before in my code on two different peers and ended up giving up and creating my own blend of the concept, a KV db, and a peer hash based on checkpoints that kind of worked but not so well as I thought it would. Let's just say there is room for error in calculating hashes on patterns and especially if you use a reduced data set on that pattern in every peer evaluating the hash on the same set of transaction each block and the blocks are empty. I could have figured that part out but the filesize for this tree substitute was getting kind of heavy also. Now, ETH is a heavy ass chain (large file size) so maybe this isn't the best evaluator.

Just to close that thought from above I used the PMT in the new version of sapphire and its easier to sync now. There are other improvements for managing the peers, but let's continue talking about ETH...

I think most of ETH heaviness, though, is more related to a 15 second or less block time average and I mean look at all you can do on the block. I love using an ethereum clone as a base for sapphire. It makes it so easy to use the address and signature capabilities of legacy chains and merge them into a product. I mean, by definition, that means cross chain functionality. If the functionality on the legacy chain will also work on your chain then it works "cross chain" in some regard once you figure out the link between the chains. Embed the "link" into your own chain and you create the link. Embed the functionality from multiple other currencies and you extend that relationship to all those chains. Since at least one of them (Eth) and now even other's like BCH, give you the ability to release your own currencies in the form of tokens you have a powerhouse concept. So, this is where my brain goes on Sapphire. I don't care how long it takes me to make it, it's fun to work on.

Anyway the multi currency capability I started with is using an Ethereum address to generate a bitcoin address and then you have one private key and two chain public keys. I mean this is a "derived wallet" in a way. I only use a sub set of the Ethereum private key and I know there are some pre deterministic features of that combination (like people have names wallets that start with a combination of characters extending so far into the public key address that it gives the ability to make the name - that means some of the pk can be figured out...). The other potential weakness is I derive a bitcoin public key from the ethereum private key which makes a public ethereum address too. If you make enough of these combination of addresses and evaluate the public key discrepancies could a patter be figured out that can reverse engineer to the ethereum private key used to make a public bitcoin address? I doubt it - I think even if it was it would have to use both every time in the calculation, and also I think it violates one of the rules of a certain type of cryptographic fundamental.   That fundamental is something like if you hash two different inputs the output is different enough that there is not a pattern to identify the input.

So, I am putting some of the functions on the mobile wallet for now as I finish up sapphire. You can check it out on youtube or at our discord. The mobile wallet sends a bunch of coins with one pk and one of those coins is our own internal token set ETTT (Egem Test Trading Token) and ETT (Egem Trading Token). We are always at discord.egem.io

Team EGEM Core & SFRX inventor => OSOESE is Open Source OSO∞ESE Software Environment aka "datber" discord.egem.io
osoese (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2020, 12:42:07 PM

From an email regarding recent releases of mobile wallet and sapphire...

Sorry for the late reply. I was working through some early bugs in my beta release wallet.

https://wiki.egem.io/egemwallet

Here is a link to the current apk which does EGEM LTC BTC BTCtestnet ETH PIRL ETHO and our own egem test trading token ETTT. It also does my internal coin sapphire but it's hidden in this release because its just starting to work.

I don't have a lot of documentation for you yet, but one of the guys did two write ups...

https://gitlab.com/ethergem/egem-mobile/-/blob/master/EGEM_wallet_back_up.docx

(if you take the backup of the slide up secrets and paste it into a file that you save locally before you use your wallet it is best)

https://gitlab.com/ethergem/egem-mobile/-/blob/master/EGEM_wallet_use.docx   

and here is the youtube channel with videos.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZIw0AWMZPSbgLfjNNMS_6g?view_as=subscriber 

We are telling everyone to be careful with large funds in any of these wallets until we get some road miles on usage. You can certainly use these for creating addresses and using them, but might want to seek a more secure storage mechanism if you are holding large funds for a long period of time. I might make a more hardware wallet maker that runs locally and allows you to keep storage funds off the grid. Technically, all the wallets made in the mobile app never leave the app. However, they are stored locally in the app storage and in memory while its being used. It's as safe as anything you use on a computer. If the computer itself (your phone) gets compromised then it can be an issue - although - even with me having the ownership of my phone I cant find where the storage is as a user of the phone, so maybe its safer then I give it credit for. I can't even hack it unless I use the app itself and I don't know that there are any hackers using the compromised devices on mobile. Anyway, it passes security checks when they run, and the underlying security is from google libraries which I am pretty sure isolate themselves to the application backend (i.e. making it extremely safe). I just would like to do more proper penetration testing before going mainstream with big funds.

If you ask me, would I use these wallets myself? Yes. For larger funds I might just transfer enough into one of these wallets to get a transaction done or a trade though. For long term storage I (as well as anyone else) is extremely paranoid and that means a process that is easier to read about with some searches. But, the end idea is I am designing this wallet for everyday use and at the merchant and to exchange with various mechanisms. So, to that end, I love this wallet for usage and feel it has great potential as crypto starts to go up now in a bull market.

ETH and LTC are low cost with high potential. Both are on the mobile wallet. EGEM is extremely low cost and going up...

egem.io

Good luck and lets talk soon.

Team EGEM Core & SFRX inventor => OSOESE is Open Source OSO∞ESE Software Environment aka "datber" discord.egem.io
osoese (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2020, 01:08:13 PM

This is what a tx looks like from the miner (Quarry-Miner-Alpha-0.0.1)

This is the receiver balance on Egem Opal Mobile wallet (see previous post for links)

There were three nodes up when this was done and the localhost version of the node received the tx and balance on explorer correct

will be updating this post with more...

Here is the second transaction on youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y43NzZPSfzg

and then mined a few blocks to get the senders address with enough funds to cover... during testing I allow credit on balances (negatives) and have small mining reward to simulate later on in life of chain

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-LQxAKjqwU

purely_crypto

Activity: 9

View Profile
August 01, 2020, 06:46:24 PM

Thanks for exciting update again, 2 years of progress and even fud and still there is ethergem going forward getting better and better, thanks for the great update
cryptomaxsun
Legendary

Activity: 2744
Merit: 1387

Ukrainians will resist

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2020, 05:55:24 PM

https://myegemwallet.com/ not works.
which wallet can i access SFRX ?

and when will the launch mainnet?

❘|❘ Cлaвa Укpaинe! ❘|❘ Glory to Ukraine! ❘|❘
❘|❘ КaPФaгeн дoлжeн быть paзpyшeн ❘|❘
miziq

Activity: 3

View Profile
August 29, 2020, 11:27:55 AM

Great updates! Whats the difference from a wrapped BTC and a 5 sec BTC transfer with Egem Sapphire? Do you send a real BTC in 5 seconds?
thanks again. cheers
purely_crypto

Activity: 9

View Profile
August 29, 2020, 11:54:31 AM
Last edit: August 29, 2020, 12:47:32 PM by purely_crypto

Egem sapphire, once it is done it will make a lot of frowns, and make people think why they didn't do a real job looking for real potential projects with actual use cases
osoese (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2020, 12:31:27 PM

Great updates! Whats the difference from a wrapped BTC and a 5 sec BTC transfer with Egem Sapphire? Do you send a real BTC in 5 seconds?
thanks again. cheers

Wrapped BTC is not BTC but a substitute for BTC that requires you to get it from the wrapped source right?

"wBTC is a BTC-backed ERC20 token. Each wBTC in circulation is backed 1:1 by Bitcoin and is held in cold storage by BitGo, the first qualified custodian purpose-built for storing digital assets"

that is the quote from https://coinlist.co/asset/wrapped-bitcoin?gclid=Cj0KCQjw-af6BRC5ARIsAALPIlUIDv2SlDLejgxGfOnjXci3g7rjw42lPekMmmBMe3_pbLj6G0apUIgaAvbeEALw_wcB

so sure you can send it to another party as fast as the blockchain it is wrapped on, but then when you want to withdraw that BTC to your BTC wallet or the receiver wants to spend it as BTC they have to wait 30 minutes (3 confirms) for the "unwrap" of that WBTC to get their actual BTC in their BTC wallet on the BTC chain and pay a fee. (I' not even going to talk about the part where its held by a custodian of sorts)

Now let's compare and contrast that to the 5 second BTC idea. The 5 second BTC idea follows this principle in life:

"own nothing and control everything"

so what that means is you actually don't have ownership of the BTC private key but it is stored in such a way that you control it with your EGEM account. So what good is that? Well, you could sign a transaction that sends that BTC to any BTC wallet you want to and it happens because you control access to that private key even though you don't have it in your possession. Okay so great we can send some BTC using a wrapped wallet that listens to our EGEM private key. What good is that?

so the next principle in your answer is this:

"Make that control transferable in part or whole"

So, that means you have another option with your BTC is you can transfer control of that BTC to another party in whole or part. This means you can prove that you don't have access to that BTC pk any more with your egem wallet and someone else (whoever you transferred it to) does. And the whole or part means they have access to the unspent satoshis they own, because you might only be transferring half of your stash to them on BTC.  So its not even just control but specific control of the parts that make up the BTC. Using this approach a transfer is instant when its recorded so as long as you can use the next principle I am going to mention (below) you can transfer as fast as the host block chain can record that transfer which iin our case is a goal of 5 seconds. You did not have to move the bitcoin to have the new owner get real bitcoin on the real bitcoin chain in their wallet and pretty much that is immediately done. The receiver has full control over this bitcoin to send it wherever they want and they did not have to wait for any confirms on the BTC block chain, they can prove that the balance is there on the BTC block chain and that they own it, so that is a real BTC transfer of ownership in almost an immediate (in this case 5 second) event.

So then what is that last principle?

"Post and Prove it in the wide open on chain public"

This is where sapphire chain comes in because you have the ability(and the person you are trading with or transferring to has the ability) to run functions that prove publicly that you dont have the private key for the BTC you traded them and that they do not have it either but that they control it and you don't.

And, finally we do this by using native functionality to the block chain which is this: signed messages. It works since beginning of time, just ask Craig Wright about the ability to fake a signed message from a BTC address. He could not do it on bitcoin and he can't do it on a respectable block chain. So this is the accepted standard for proof of ownership.

This snippets are from an upcoming article I will eventually ffinish and post called "How to start a truly decentralized bank on EGEM" and it deals specifically with why this is the method I chose to implement transfers.

Sapphire is truly decentralized on chain experience and we are getting close. If you like what you read, please come to discord.egem.io and find the #sfrx-chat channel and stop by. We have a GPU miner starting to show in tests and the chain is getting close to an initial fielding. This is after over two years of work. We are not fly by nighters, but are going to be working on this until it goes live. You have a chance to participate in it with us at egem.io and see all the other stuff we have as part of this ecosystem including nodes and bot interaction, mining on older GPUs, a great eth core, a multi currency mobile wallet, and more.

nicefirework

Activity: 148

View Profile
August 29, 2020, 03:26:40 PM

This is great, real defi solution. I don't know why market does not appreciate your works.

thanks again. cheers

Wrapped BTC is not BTC but a substitute for BTC that requires you to get it from the wrapped source right?

"wBTC is a BTC-backed ERC20 token. Each wBTC in circulation is backed 1:1 by Bitcoin and is held in cold storage by BitGo, the first qualified custodian purpose-built for storing digital assets"

that is the quote from https://coinlist.co/asset/wrapped-bitcoin?gclid=Cj0KCQjw-af6BRC5ARIsAALPIlUIDv2SlDLejgxGfOnjXci3g7rjw42lPekMmmBMe3_pbLj6G0apUIgaAvbeEALw_wcB

so sure you can send it to another party as fast as the blockchain it is wrapped on, but then when you want to withdraw that BTC to your BTC wallet or the receiver wants to spend it as BTC they have to wait 30 minutes (3 confirms) for the "unwrap" of that WBTC to get their actual BTC in their BTC wallet on the BTC chain and pay a fee. (I' not even going to talk about the part where its held by a custodian of sorts)

Now let's compare and contrast that to the 5 second BTC idea. The 5 second BTC idea follows this principle in life:

so what that means is you actually don't have ownership of the BTC private key but it is stored in such a way that you control it with your EGEM account. So what good is that? Well, you could sign a transaction that sends that BTC to any BTC wallet you want to and it happens because you control access to that private key even though you don't have it in your possession. Okay so great we can send some BTC using a wrapped wallet that listens to our EGEM private key. What good is that?

So, that means you have another option with your BTC is you can transfer control of that BTC to another party in whole or part. This means you can prove that you don't have access to that BTC pk any more with your egem wallet and someone else (whoever you transferred it to) does. And the whole or part means they have access to the unspent satoshis they own, because you might only be transferring half of your stash to them on BTC.  So its not even just control but specific control of the parts that make up the BTC. Using this approach a transfer is instant when its recorded so as long as you can use the next principle I am going to mention (below) you can transfer as fast as the host block chain can record that transfer which iin our case is a goal of 5 seconds. You did not have to move the bitcoin to have the new owner get real bitcoin on the real bitcoin chain in their wallet and pretty much that is immediately done. The receiver has full control over this bitcoin to send it wherever they want and they did not have to wait for any confirms on the BTC block chain, they can prove that the balance is there on the BTC block chain and that they own it, so that is a real BTC transfer of ownership in almost an immediate (in this case 5 second) event.

This is where sapphire chain comes in because you have the ability(and the person you are trading with or transferring to has the ability) to run functions that prove publicly that you dont have the private key for the BTC you traded them and that they do not have it either but that they control it and you don't.

And, finally we do this by using native functionality to the block chain which is this: signed messages. It works since beginning of time, just ask Craig Wright about the ability to fake a signed message from a BTC address. He could not do it on bitcoin and he can't do it on a respectable block chain. So this is the accepted standard for proof of ownership.

This snippets are from an upcoming article I will eventually ffinish and post called "How to start a truly decentralized bank on EGEM" and it deals specifically with why this is the method I chose to implement transfers.

Sapphire is truly decentralized on chain experience and we are getting close. If you like what you read, please come to discord.egem.io and find the #sfrx-chat channel and stop by. We have a GPU miner starting to show in tests and the chain is getting close to an initial fielding. This is after over two years of work. We are not fly by nighters, but are going to be working on this until it goes live. You have a chance to participate in it with us at egem.io and see all the other stuff we have as part of this ecosystem including nodes and bot interaction, mining on older GPUs, a great eth core, a multi currency mobile wallet, and more.

miziq

Activity: 3

View Profile
August 29, 2020, 04:15:06 PM

thanks again. cheers

Ok, wow, thanks, that was excatly what i wanted to confirm. If this goes live this truly game changing. Thanks again for the well-written answer and im looking forward to that article and of course final product  Smiley my mind is a bit blown to be honest.
tbates76

Activity: 82
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 05, 2020, 12:32:45 AM

From the mind of one into the hands of many. This will come
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: