Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 05:47:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Immortality.. could humanity achieve that?  (Read 605 times)
redlips06 (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 11:48:38 PM

I have always been fascinated about what comes after death.. but what if.. there is no death?!
Imagine being able to live this immortal life where there is no aging and you can decide which age you should look like.
I think in the future, with all the technology innovation, we might even be able to achieve that, don't you think?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Lintormi

Activity: 560
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 08:29:57 AM

I am also very interested in what happens after death and whether immortality is possible at all, but it seems to me that if scientists create something like immortality in the world there will be a revolution most people will want to get it, because it seems to me that it is almost impossible, then the natural order of things will break
nastyagav

Activity: 392
Merit: 4

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 10:27:49 AM

Not the first time I see this topic on this forum, well what can I say, look, we don't know what we're talking about, we didn't see no heaven, no hell, no reincarnation.
Let's not guess what and how, but just live for today
rakokiller1

Activity: 159
Merit: 2

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 03:13:46 PM

I guess we might achieve mind immortality relatively soon. But I`m not really sure if people would really want that.
Christopher_Hayes

Activity: 68

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 06:23:15 PM

With the kind of technology we have now? No, because there isn't a technology that can make this happen, whether digitally or biologically. There's not even a company that is working on this. So the answer to your question is no. But come back after 50-100 years, maybe the future generation finally found a way to defeat once and for all.
JealousCup

Activity: 28
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 11:28:30 PM

With all the developments with immersive technologies, I would not be surprised if immortality becomes a reality. So the question would be: When is it going to happen?
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 1373

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 12:28:43 AM

The only way to "achieve" immortality, is to let God do it for you, and have faith that He is doing it... through the salvation provided by His son Jesus.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3074

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2018, 07:45:42 AM

The only way to "achieve" immortality, is to let God do it for you, and have faith that He is doing it... through the salvation provided by His son Jesus.

I think they were talking about living forever, which is impossible.

You're describing a plaque on their church if they donate enough money.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
thirsten

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 10:00:06 AM

I believe this is the ultimate goal of technology and modern medicine, and I don't think we're all that far off. https://www.foxnews.com/tech/mankind-could-have-electronic-immortality-by-2050

It's not a question of if we can achieve this, but when. Then people have to ask themselves if this is what they even want. I'm not so sure it would be psychologically healthy to live "forever." (really just until the heat death of the universe)
Shonis

Activity: 54

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 02:48:40 PM

one day yes ! nothing is impossible .
Andrea9000

Activity: 210
Merit: 18

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 06:36:59 PM

You just imagine yourself so uninteresting and monotonous your life will be in the 100-200 years of your life. And let your body still be somewhat miraculous, but your mind will be too old and you will not have anything interesting in life.
Blanca_Gregory

Activity: 72

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 06:41:21 PM

Right now? No. Whether biologically or digital, the answer  to this is no. The only thing that exists after death is the afterlife, which none of us can confirm nor deny because it might be different for different people. But if you know a technology that can make us immortal let me know. I'd love to check it out.
jacktheking
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Personal Text Space Not For Sale

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 01:27:36 AM

We're already doing that. In fact, our all our ancestors will ... one day be revived from death. Look at how technology has improved. I am confident to say that human will invent revival technology one day and use it on some of our famous ancestors to learn more from them. Even if my first prediction is wrong, the universe will never dies when earth became unpopulated or when human extinct. The universe will continues to run. One fine moment, when some chemicals somehow mixes together, you may wake up with all your memories (like how the first living organism was formed as predicted). It will just be like a blink for us after we're death. This is my personal theory.

So sad! This profile does not appear as the #1 result (on anonymous) Google searches anymore.

Time to be active on the crypto forums again? Proud to be one of the few Legendary members of the Sparkie Red Dot!

Gonna put this on my resume if I ever join a cryptocurrency/blockchain industry!
Ucy

Activity: 2576
Merit: 402

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 10:26:10 AM

Well according to Hoybook, humans lived longer than 500years until this happened:

Then the LORD said, "My Spirit will not contend with humans forever, for they are mortal; their days will be a hundred and twenty years." Genesis 6:3

Can life be extended beyond 120yrs limit? I have some doubt.

Wikipedia however claims that the oldest person on Earth is 122yrs. There could be some error here in my opinion. Or maybe only tiny amount of people could surpass this age limit by our Creator.
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3074

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2018, 12:54:15 PM

Well according to Hoybook, humans lived longer than 500years until this happened:

Then the LORD said, "My Spirit will not contend with humans forever, for they are mortal; their days will be a hundred and twenty years." Genesis 6:3

Can life be extended beyond 120yrs limit? I have some doubt.

Wikipedia however claims that the oldest person on Earth is 122yrs. There could be some error here in my opinion. Or maybe only tiny amount of people could surpass this age limit by our Creator.

Humans are currently at their longest lifespans ever.  Just 500 years ago, the average lifespan was 30 years.

Women got pregnant at 12 - raised their children for a decade and died. 

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
irina0699

Activity: 70

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 04:50:58 PM

I think, that we have achieved that. And i am very sorry about it. We can see every day immorality: at the bus stop, at home, in our families. I think that the question must be - how can we pretend immorality ?
MathiasCrow

Activity: 46

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 06:48:15 PM

Okay, quess if we already achieved immortality. It raises a lot of new issues humanity never faced before. For example, what should we do with overpopulation? Freeze birth rate to zero?
Moreover, immortality would be extra-deluxe product only for rich people - I doubt common people will have access to it at all.
guybrushthreepwood
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1195

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 07:45:20 PM

With the kind of technology we have now? No, because there isn't a technology that can make this happen, whether digitally or biologically. There's not even a company that is working on this. So the answer to your question is no. But come back after 50-100 years, maybe the future generation finally found a way to defeat once and for all.

He's not asking if it can be done today but in the future. Ageing is probably -- or likely -- mostly genetic so I'm sure at some point we'll be able to turn that off due to genetic engineering and also live much longer due to medical advances and such, but there's a whole host of factors involved in ageing. Organs will just give up eventually so they'll either need to be replaced like car parts every so often or we'll need to invent new types of synthetic or mechanical organs -- but they can and will also break. I don't know if we'll ever be able to truly live forever but life expectancy could probably double within a hundred years or so. We'll likely improve our diet and eliminate a lot of causes of cancer and heart disease as we are learning how to minimize already, but you probably won't be able to ever eliminate dying due to trauma such as accidents and the longer you live the more likely you're going to be involved in them. Maybe someday we'll be able to upload or "save" our consciousness to a computer and maybe that will give us some sort of immortality, but it's a bit spooky even thinking about, but what actually is redlips06's definition of "forever"? The sun is going to explode and engulf this planet at some point so unless we can find another outside the solar system then we'll be screwed eventually. Even further on from that the universe will also probably collapse in on itself at some point so how would we survive that unless we can find a wormhole to another universe or dimension or something. I think we should just accept that one day we, the planet and also the universe are not going to exist any more and make the most of what we have now.
axel20

View Profile
November 11, 2018, 03:05:29 PM

I don't think human kind will ever achieve this.  I think the best we can do is manipulating genes to eradicate genetic defects and maybe improve medicine to cure illness.  That may prolong life, but it's still not immortality.
arion6868

Activity: 182

View Profile
November 12, 2018, 12:31:50 PM

I have always been fascinated about what comes after death.. but what if.. there is no death?!
Imagine being able to live this immortal life where there is no aging and you can decide which age you should look like.
I think in the future, with all the technology innovation, we might even be able to achieve that, don't you think?
maybe u could try the sleeping box like the movies we saw, add a bit scene so that you wouldn't be bored and then some aliens finally found u after a few thousand centuries  Tongue
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: