Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 02:37:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Does Bitmex is the best for Crypto??  (Read 124 times)
carlabellington (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 04:20:00 AM

Bitmex so popular at the moment. I'm interested to invest but is it safe and is it the best for trade bitcoin?
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 04:04:46 PM

I honestly think that you should stay away till you understand what Bitmex actually is.

It's not a regular exchange, but a platform where you can buy yourself into various types of contracts speculating on the price of Bitcoin or other altcoins to either go up or down. Depending on how much leverage you go with or the contract type you buy into, there is a chance that you will lose your entire position.

There are plenty of newbies depositing Bitcoin to lose it all not long after, and from there blame the exchange for being a scam, or that they have been hacked and someone stole their coins. It's not something to underestimate.

Read; https://www.bitmex.com/app/faq
timerland

Activity: 1526
Merit: 596

View Profile
November 12, 2018, 09:45:37 AM

100% not unless you know what you're doing.

Bitmex is not for everyday traders. You're not going to be able to purchase bitcoin with the fiat you've got in hand which I assume is what you'd like to do. Bitmex is a platform that is more targeted towards full time traders who want to trade derivatives that are linked to bitcoin price whether positively or inversely, but does not act as an actual exchange. Contracts are not even withdrawable as actual BTC.

I'd suggest staying away if you're trading with small amounts. The withdrawal fees per my experience are quite high and if you don't know what you're doing, you could seriously stuff things up as 1Referee mentions. If you are actually in fact looking for a reliable place to trade bitcoin with fiat currencies, I'd look at localbitcoins for options first.

Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: