Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 04:28:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Some people here on BCH before the fork?  (Read 293 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
reactorjuno (OP)

Activity: 322
Merit: 43

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 10:41:04 AM

Hi folks.
Just curious to hear some opinion.
Buying some BCH before the fork could be a good move (in my opinion). That said, it is very likely that only the ABC chain remains.
But even in this case we will have lost nothing (or not much). Therefore, either you win with the two coins gaining value, or you lose nothing.

I do not understand the radical position of some people. Seems like BCH is driving some people crazy and hateful. BCH has demonstrated its technical performance, especially in scalability unlike BTC which is still lagging with its 3 transactions per second and a "solution" that I find very wobbly (LN) both technically and ideologically.

We can hope that BTC evolves but nothing is certain given the shitty turn that take the "evolutions" of the protocol.

Constructive opinions welcome Smiley
PETES

Activity: 456
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 11:03:36 AM

Okay, a believer of bch. Bitcoin cash that  a centralized one, that being controlled by greedy peeps.

Yeah you have nothing to lose when you buy bch now but you're acting more than a FOMO.
And you do believe that fork coin will be have a good value.

It's kinda weird for a forked coin will have a fork.  Shocked
sadyas

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 11:15:58 AM

Okay, a believer of bch. Bitcoin cash that  a centralized one, that being controlled by greedy peeps.

Yeah you have nothing to lose when you buy bch now but you're acting more than a FOMO.

The bitcoin cash got several development teams. So it seems it is not as centralised as Bitcoin. And the community will fork bitcoin cash in 10 days, which will make it even less centralised.
PETES

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 01:32:46 PM

The bitcoin cash got several development teams. So it seems it is not as centralised as Bitcoin. And the community will fork bitcoin cash in 10 days, which will make it even less centralised.

Nah, bitcoin is decentralized and bitcoin cash is centralized.
Bitcoin cash is just a wanna be one, trying to steal what bitcoin have.
lobo13hf

Activity: 2268
Merit: 507

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 02:31:18 PM

Can you give some reasons that make bitcoin cash will not be a centralized again after the fork?

Dude, have you watched the latest news about that? it's only a network improvement and i never heard that this coin will generate more fork coin on this hardfork. you should read the latest news about that.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
PETES

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 05:42:50 AM

Dude, have you watched the latest news about that? it's only a network improvement and i never heard that this coin will generate more fork coin on this hardfork. you should read the latest news about that.

Dude I think you're the one who's not reading.
For your reading comfortability I cite the link for you or try to ask mr. google. It won't hurt.
https://www.google.com.ph/amp/s/www.investinblockchain.com/bch-hard-fork-supported-by-coinbase-binance/amp/
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 07:03:19 AM

Buying some BCH before the fork could be a good move (in my opinion). That said, it is very likely

generally speaking whenever there is a fork coin being created out of another coin there is only two possibilities which as a trader you have to keep an eye out.
1. first one is that the hype of the fork coin is not successful and that means no rise at all hence no profit if you buy it.
this is rarer since usually these things hype the market a lot and lead to profit.

2. second one is that it is actually hyped and there is a good rise.
this is more common and it has happened enough times in a lot of different coins. it is basically because people know that they will double their coins and make a good profit so they start buying the coin that is being forked before the fork happens.
in this case you have to be  cautious because you have to buy the  coin in early hours of the pump otherwise you risk losing money because the dump sometimes begins BEFORE the fork. for example price goes up from 1000 to 10,000 and falls down to 7000 before the fork begins so if you buy at 7000 you will lose money.
then there is AFTER the fork which obviously everyone will start selling the free coins they gained and also the original coin they bought and that can create panic sells.

unlike BTC which is still lagging with its 3 transactions per second
well you can only compare BTC and BCH when BCH started processing at least 3 TPS. right now it is processing about 0.016 TPS

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
Rati24

Activity: 462
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 07:15:48 AM

BCH is certainly a good coin. Many even say that it is a true Bitcoin. As for me, it is very strange that this coin grows in the green market more than other top coins such as ripple or stellar. Many went there hoping for a fork and something to get from this they can be understood. At various information sources they write that they will not distribute another coin on the fork. I do not know what is true of this, but the fall after the fork will be even earlier.
knuckey

Activity: 1260
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 07:37:49 AM

I think there are two reasons that attract everyone's attention in this hard fork. Some people, especially traders have been preparing for a long time and holding bch to create profits from the pump that will occur. Some other people, on average beginners, want to get free coins and hope the coins can be valuable, such as other hard fork coins.

But before everything is done, it is better to analyze and understand every risk that can occur.
el kaka22
Legendary

Activity: 3528
Merit: 1162

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 08:59:38 AM

I think there are two reasons that attract everyone's attention in this hard fork. Some people, especially traders have been preparing for a long time and holding bch to create profits from the pump that will occur. Some other people, on average beginners, want to get free coins and hope the coins can be valuable, such as other hard fork coins.

But before everything is done, it is better to analyze and understand every risk that can occur.
The main risk here is that bitcoin cash has no future, and unless they come up with some change in protocol that will be more effective when it comes to usage and not just some centralized bullshit that will leave power in the hands of some, no one who is knowledgeable enough will even want to dare consider it as a future investment. Highest it will just ever be, as it is already, is being a pump and dump coin.

Well, there is no doubt that the bonus it has given and the more money it has poured into the market is not sweet, but that is what it is all about. The idea of increasing block size is something that will not work well in the long run, and one thing as the market keep growing, there will just be more need for increase in block size, and the more the block size keeps increasing, the more centralized it becomes.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
reactorjuno (OP)

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 09:48:12 AM

Thanks for the constructive replies. Now I know Roger Ver is a controversial character, but the interviews I posted here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5024366.msg45621443#msg45621443 are worth a read. Helps to understand the vision behind the coin. I am willing to give th guy the benefit of the doubt, even though BCH has not done great at all this year, but not many altcoins did.
wuvdoll
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1025

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 10:57:38 AM

No one hates on the idea of BCH gaining value over time, and you have to realize that everything about this space is not about the gain in value over time. One thing with BCH is that it is a centralized shit coin that was never necessary technology wise, and then still trying to deceive people by poaching as the better bitcoin.

Increase in block size was never the solution, and I am sure Roger Ver knows that, but of course, out of greed, he just needed something he can at least be sure to control over time. I really do not care about its gain in value, no doubt I trade it once in a while, but the idea of trading it is to increase my bitcoin stash over time, if some gullible people feel the need to give me a huge amount of money for it.
Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 11:52:51 AM

No one hates on the idea of BCH gaining value over time, and you have to realize that everything about this space is not about the gain in value over time. One thing with BCH is that it is a centralized shit coin that was never necessary technology wise, and then still trying to deceive people by poaching as the better bitcoin.

Increase in block size was never the solution, and I am sure Roger Ver knows that, but of course, out of greed, he just needed something he can at least be sure to control over time. I really do not care about its gain in value, no doubt I trade it once in a while, but the idea of trading it is to increase my bitcoin stash over time, if some gullible people feel the need to give me a huge amount of money for it.

people never hated bitcoin cash because it increased block size. they hate it because it is being introduces to newbies as the "real bitcoin" and they sometimes fall for it and get scammed. and also it is because if they wanted a clean project then they would have started from scratch instead of forking out of bitcoin.

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
reactorjuno (OP)

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 01:57:06 PM

It was probably my long experience in sports betting that made me write this thread.
Basically, every decision I make goes as follows: what are my odds of losing XXX $? And what are my odds at winning XXX $?
In the current case, I simply think the reward is potentially bigger than the risk. It absolutely does not mean that the risk is zero, or even small, but that the reward could be greater overall.

The very first time I bought Bitcoin, as I was basically pondering: either I lose all my investment, either I win more than double. In that case, it's worth investing (and it was worth it, quite spectacular I must confess, never expected such a big return in such short time).
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: