Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 03:28:31 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: No KYC is required during Epiphany Airdrop to 'KYC required' after Airdrop  (Read 452 times)
karel0001 (OP)

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 12:46:26 PM

Epiphany was having an airdrop earlier this year including the following rule:
To complete the referral process, 'Invitees' must pass Google Authorization. No KYC required for Referrals

Now just before withdrawal is available KYC is required for referrals because of this reason:
Every token that we give needs to be KYC approved for AML reasons. Is not just for users trading in our exchange.
It may seems like it's useless to get KYC for small amounts, but this is not our policy, is what we are asked to do.

This doesn't look fair to me. I don't think many people would promote this airdrop if KYC was required before or during the airdrop.

They say that KYC is not their own idea, but they have to because of the law. I can't believe KYC is required for transfering a few free tokens to an ERC-20 wallet.

I was wondering if this is a legit way of having an airdrop
khoapham89
Copper Member

Activity: 101
Merit: 2

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 12:53:38 PM

I think they are the masters of wordplay. There is clearly no contradiction in their statement. But that is not fair.

adamin1i

Activity: 539
Merit: 20

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 01:03:34 PM

yes, I joined EPNEX's campaign and they said that the KYC is not necessary. but then suddenly they said that KYC was necessary. and this ended my trust in them. I'm not logging into websites anymore. I don't want to be a part of this deception.
wuvdoll
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1025

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 05:32:03 PM

It is not really a shock to anyone that some ICO scammed its investors out of money they can. Right now they are playing the "we are willing to let you do you if you provide KYC" card and trying to look like they are not scam but after such a deal if anyone stays with them I would be shocked. Take your money out of there as soon as possible and get out, cut your loses see this is a learning lesson and just run away from them.

I would never work with anyone that has this kind of bad business moves. If they are doing this right now after airdrop than I am definitely sure overtime they will become worse and worse and eventually take your money and run with it. There has been a lot of these types of stuff happening on crypto this year and we should stop them by just not investing or taking our money out as quickly as possible leaving them with nothing.
irenegaming

Activity: 476
Merit: 102

Kuvacash.com

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 05:39:02 PM

Although they say it's not their fault, clearly must say so at the beginning of the airdrop, many times it is not worth doing these airdrops if they are going to require KYC, because the time needed to spend it is usually greater than that invested in the airdrop itself, which becomes counterproductive.

anjho.ace

Activity: 371
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 05:41:38 PM

Does the token already have an exchange?
The number of tokens you will get has a good value like 100 USD or more?
If not then forget the KYC! it will just be a small thing for your KYC.
The value will be spend in transfer fee.
IgorShumilo

Activity: 518
Merit: 105

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 06:32:20 PM

The process of KYC / AML has now become a prerequisite for the sale of tokens. Regulators and governments are forced to do this to know every investor, to control us. Unfortunately, we will not be able to influence this in any way and we need to fulfill the requirements. I do not think this is bad, the governments have begun to regulate the cryptocurrency market and I think these are the first steps.
makerst

Activity: 728
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 06:36:31 PM

I also like such projects, which from the very beginning say that they will not conduct KYC for bounty hunters, and then it turns out that they introduce KYC, so I think that such projects can immediately be called scam projects
Riki31

Activity: 333
Merit: 14

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 07:06:11 PM

Personally I name such kind of KYC just the process of the collecting of your data, and what about the inforcement so everything is possible, nowadays SEC puts pressure on lots of crypto projects.
Olatunjex

Activity: 1064
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 08:16:18 PM

These days alot of project are taking advantage of participants kyc is a well known project and each project even have started asking for it since 2017. The airdrop took place early this year they ought to have asked for it since the start not when the are about to share it.

|     T o n T o g e t h e r     |     Saving Empowers Winning     |
Join Launchpool  >  Jan 10th - Feb 10th
●      T W I T T E R      ●      T E L E G R A M      ●      M E D I U M      ●
Callanta787

Activity: 546
Merit: 21

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2018, 08:25:44 PM

Not only epiphany ,this days there are too many airdrops and bounties claiming they don't need kyc for distribution but ended up forcing it on people ,its a shame nothing can be done about it

lobo13hf

Activity: 2268
Merit: 507

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 11:22:51 PM

To complete the referral process, 'Invitees' must pass Google Authorization. No KYC required for Referrals

Now just before withdrawal is available KYC is required for referrals because of this reason:
Every token that we give needs to be KYC approved for AML reasons. Is not just for users trading in our exchange.
It may seems like it's useless to get KYC for small amounts, but this is not our policy, is what we are asked to do.

This doesn't look fair to me. I don't think many people would promote this airdrop if KYC was required before or during the airdrop.

They say that KYC is not their own idea, but they have to because of the law. I can't believe KYC is required for transfering a few free tokens to an ERC-20 wallet.

Forget it and that will be wasting a lot of your time to filled all of requirements. Did you wanna get some pennies and exchange it with your identity? This is a joke at least they can prove what they are talking about. Give your KYC for $2 and then get your own point dude.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
OluwaTosin10

Activity: 546
Merit: 4

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 11:28:30 PM

That is the world we are today
Lies and inconsistency

How could such a project be of great success ?
Decide for yourself but don’t sell yourself on the cheap
masterkiller

Activity: 643
Merit: 253

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 11:40:57 PM

if in my opinion, for an airdrop it is not necessary to have a KYC, but it will return to the policies of each project. It is possible for the project to anticipate fraud against airdrop hunters, by applying KYC to airdrop to ensure that the person is truly a legitimate identity owner .
because now there is a lot of cheats who cheat by using other people's identities to follow an airdrop.

▓▓▓▄             ▓▓▓▓
           ▓▓▀  ▀█▄        ▓▓▓   ▓▓
          ▓▓  ▓▄   ▀╗ ▓▓▓▓▓  ▓▓▓ ▓▓
         ▓▓ ▄▓▓▓▓▄              ▓▓ ▓▓
        ▐▓▌ ▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄    ▓ ▓
        ▓▓  ▀  ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╬╦   ▓▓▓
      ▄▓▓▀  ▄▓▓▓▓▓█▀▀ ▀▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╦  ▓▓▓
    ▄▓▓▀    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄ ▄▄  ▀▓▓▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▄  ▓▓
   ▄▓▓▓▓  ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀     ▓▓▓     ▀ ▀ ▄   ▓▓
    ▓▓▀  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▀             ▄     ▀▀  ▓▀
   ▓▓▀  ▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▄▓▓▀ ▄▄▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▄  ▄  ▓▓▓
  ▓▓▌  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▌   ▓▓▓▌ ▀▀▓▓▓ ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓██▓▓▓  ▓▓
 ▐▓▌        ▀▀▓▌ ╟▀▓▓▌▐▓▓▓▓▓▄ ▓▓▓▓▓   ╔    ▓▓
 ███▓▓▓▓▄▄        ▐▓▓ ▓▄▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▓▓▓▓▓▄      ▓▓
           ▀▀▀█▄     ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄       ▓ ▓▓
                 ▀█▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  ▀     
                     ▄▄
BETFURY 
№1 I-GAMING PLATFORM
WITH BTC DIVIDENDS

▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
     ▓▓▌  ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌        ▄▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▀█▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓   ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ▓▓▓
 ▓▓▌ ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀█▀ ▓▓▌  ▓▓▓▓▓▌  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀▀▓▓ ▓ ▓  ▓▓▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀▀▓▓▄▄▓▓ ▓▓  ▓▓█▌▓▓▓▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀ ▀▓▓▄
▓▓▌  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓ ▓▓▓▓▓ ▓▓  ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▀▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀▀▓▓▌▓   ▐▓ ▓▓▓▓ ▓▓ ▀███▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▀▀▀▓▓▄▓▓▓     ▀▓▓▓▓ ▓▓▓  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ ▄▓▓
                      ▀▓▓▀▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
                        ▌▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
                         ▓▓▓▓▓▀ ▄▓▓▓▓▓▀▀
                          ▀▀█▀▀▀▀
lamba

Activity: 126
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 11:45:34 PM

That seems interesting for me. Why they want kyc while they are giving free tokens to people. I can not understand AML issue. If you want to invest maybe that can be true. But while they are giving to you tokens why they want kyc from you. Anti money laundering means they can not accept your money if they can detect some problem about you. But while givin free tokens i can not understand that aml and kyc issue. I think wanting kyc for free tokens is very very bad and unnecessary. these are very important documents for us. Maybe they will give you 2  dollar value tokens and they will take your important documents. That is not fair.
MelodyCrypto

Activity: 434

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2018, 12:22:06 AM

in my opinion KYC just for some candy is very risky so just forget about them and look for another airdrop
there are many who don't like KYC so maybe this is one of their strategies to attract participants, if not for this reason why they didn't say it from the start
stock999

Activity: 260
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 12:28:53 AM

I participated in Epiphany's bounty campaign since it's beginning and never KYC was a mandatory option. Only it was  as optional step for those who wants to get an additional reward. But they never mentioned that all of us should do KYC in order to get free tokens.
They have changed rules after the end of the campaign, when the time to pay us for a work became. So i consider such action as just a scam.  They knew that many of us would not participate because of KYC, so they was silent all time and just used our work while they had need it. But at the end we have not got paid. This rule change is just a reason how do not pay.
Finally i think that KYC is not comparable with cryptocurrency at all, because it brokes such basic principle as anonymity. So projects with KYC should not take a place in the crypto world.
 This is not either the first or the last such scam. So let's just forget about Epiphany and move on.

What should i place here? Any advice appreciated.
icalical

Activity: 1372
Merit: 268

Graphic & Motion Designer

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2018, 01:33:54 AM

Well most of ICO or airdrop host not only do KYC because of AML but it is part of their customer survey, and they mostly use it for future promotion, and other than it is useless for KYC to get small amount of money, it is also dangerous to give away your identity proof. I never joined any airdrop that requires KYC, I joined some bounty that ask me to send my ID but only when I find the team and their project is absolutely legitimate.

nreal

Activity: 932

arcs-chain.com

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 01:58:28 AM

I think this is quite normal, and there are countless such projects. You participate in their game, you should accept their rules, and they are the ones who can change the rules. You ask fair? I think it's unfair when you join.

► ARCS ◄ ♦ ARCS - The New World Token (*Listed on KuCoin) ♦ ► ARCS ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Medium|Telegram|Whitepaper
CoinsOrDie

Activity: 448

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 02:47:30 AM

I think this is quite normal, and there are countless such projects. You participate in their game, you should accept their rules, and they are the ones who can change the rules. You ask fair? I think it's unfair when you join.
Right we have the right to ignore it, but if we want the token free from them then we need to accept all of the rules they give. with me the airdrops asking for KYC are all bullshit, I never joined them

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: