Bitcoin Forum
June 06, 2024, 06:27:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: No KYC is required during Epiphany Airdrop to 'KYC required' after Airdrop  (Read 451 times)
bitfocus

Activity: 532
Merit: 15

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 03:04:45 AM

those are some bullshits! if such thing happens (as per your claim, which has already happened) - Epiphany will loose trust and just became another dead or semi-dead alt.
Trollinator

Activity: 238

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 03:59:52 AM

Only people afraid of KYC are the scammers. Then they use 100’s of fake accounts to complain about it on SNS/BCT. Unannounced KYC is the best way to catch scammers and real bounty hunters should support it. It the only way to protect from scam group with 100’s of accounts stea all the bounty bounty.
iconoclast

Activity: 770
Merit: 102

Matrix Built On An Ethereum Smart Contract

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 04:07:08 AM

Airdrops tend to be kind of useless. Almost always you end up with too few tokens to even make it worthwhile to sell them. However if you create robots to sign up multiple accounts then it becomes quite an earner which is why we see so many of the airdrops now asking for KYC.

bagikoin

Activity: 784
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2018, 04:18:38 AM

to airdrop with KYC, I am not so sure. the result of the airdrop owns quite a lot of doubt because even among those not big and not even worth paying. When these need KYC is certainly hard to believe if it can promise the airdrop or only way to steal the identity only.

_▄▄▄▄
▄██████
▀"▀██████
     `█████
_▄▄▄▄.  Y████
,███████▄. Y█████
,███P'   `██p`█████
,d███'          `██████
o███P _▄▄██▄▄_    `██████
,████',d████████L    Y██████
d███P,████████████b    Y███████
d█████d██████████████    ]████████
d█████████P'd████████P    d█████████
,██████████'  Y█████████ooo██████[Y████
d██████████'    Y████████████████P  Y████
, ██████████[        ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀    d████
 ███████████.         __        ____▄▄███████
█████████████L_       `"██████████████████▀▀▀
████████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                     
██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   
  ████████████████████████████████████████████ 
     ██████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀         
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ESSENCE OF A PROJECT
ECOSTARTEcoStart will be a reliable platform for creating
applications for financing green projects,
ecology and sharing the economy.
Instant and transparent
financing of environmental
projects.

WHITEPAPER
ONEPAGER

[....
JOIN
....]
WE CREATE
A CRYPTOCURRENCY
FOR OUR PLANET
princehandsome

Activity: 731
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 04:28:10 AM

why do you need Kyc for Airdrop while it's only a promotion and the price of coins that get from Airdrop is not too expensive. kyc is only needed for investors, not for bounty hunters who participate in Airdrop.
Trollinator

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 04:31:57 AM

All these people crying about KYC are conviniently avoiding the fact that THERE ARE SPAMMERS WITH 1000's OF ACCOUNTS....
If we get the scammers out by KYC then airdrops for real people will be worth something!!
maculeth

Activity: 714
Merit: 11

BountyMarketCap

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2018, 04:41:01 AM

in bounty something like that also happened. but because many failed during the Kyc verification process, it was finally canceled. something like that usually happens when the team will try a new system in the launch and distribution of tokens.

●   KEEP CALM & HODL   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  KCH  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
Visteryy

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 04:46:11 AM

I think this is quite normal, and there are countless such projects. You participate in their game, you should accept their rules, and they are the ones who can change the rules. You ask fair? I think it's unfair when you join.
I also support ICO projects that have bounty programs and airdrops that they require us to KYC, thus reducing fraud and some people exploiting non-KYC Bounty programs to change their wallet address very much. . I would like ICO projects to have a bounty program that requires KYC.
Kool5

Activity: 266
Merit: 1

”Decentralized Digital Billboards”

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 04:52:57 AM

I am also of the same opinion that KYC is not required. Sometimes you pass the verification, and you do not give tokens. So here. Therefore, I would recommend to create projects without verification, and to protect them, do not do anything else.

цeнтp] ◣ Stake.com ◥
«Stake 2 - Игpaй yмнee»
12+ Peжимы игpы | Дocтaтoчнo чecтнo | Eжeднeвныe paздaчи
Vektrum

Activity: 420
Merit: 14

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 05:00:02 AM

So far, no ICO team has shown who and how they are asked to conduct a KYC check against participants in the ICO generosity campaign. It is one thing to require such an inspection from investors who invest their money in ICO projects, and another thing from people who will advertise their project and with whom they will pay for their services
btc_angela

Activity: 2632
Merit: 546

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 05:02:01 AM

That's too bad, I mean they didn't say it in the beginning, so why are they changing this tune. And for bounty hunters, if you're not comfortable giving out your personal information then there's no need for you to submit it and just ignored and totally forget about this airdrop, its not worth, just saying.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
thesmallgod

Activity: 1498
Merit: 129

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 05:25:10 AM

I still cant believe people are still taking part in airdrop when what you will earn will probably be used as a transfer fee. well I think hunter should know that alot of project play game this day most importantly when they realized they are giving too much coin for free and in most cases this is what you see. as new rules which wasnt part of the agreement at the start will be introduced. this will make some hunter not qualify to get their token when they do not want to do kyc.
Snake9999

Activity: 415
Merit: 10

Fast, Smart, Trustworthy

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 05:31:55 AM

All regulations are from the project side, including whether or not to conduct KYC!
I will not participate in any KYC airdrops because I think this will reveal my privacy!

FST Network   Fast, Smart, Trustworthy.   Bounty
Medium   Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
Indrawan77

Activity: 1274
Merit: 516

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 05:43:25 AM

Its definitely not, if from the beginning the project told the participants or investors about the kyc then its okay, but this is like manipulation, after collected some funds then they decided the kyc, the project either try to scam or the developers are not professional at all, as we know some investors are against kyc, its one of the thing that they search before invest
eagle10

Activity: 840
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2018, 05:47:54 AM

Epiphany was having an airdrop earlier this year including the following rule:
To complete the referral process, 'Invitees' must pass Google Authorization. No KYC required for Referrals

Now just before withdrawal is available KYC is required for referrals because of this reason:
Every token that we give needs to be KYC approved for AML reasons. Is not just for users trading in our exchange.
It may seems like it's useless to get KYC for small amounts, but this is not our policy, is what we are asked to do.

This doesn't look fair to me. I don't think many people would promote this airdrop if KYC was required before or during the airdrop.

They say that KYC is not their own idea, but they have to because of the law. I can't believe KYC is required for transfering a few free tokens to an ERC-20 wallet.

I was wondering if this is a legit way of having an airdrop
I do not anymore joined in any airdrop. They are a waste of time plus they only get information from you. Now con artist i will say today for allowing KYC for an airdrop not deserving because it is only an airdrop. Most airdrop is worth only a penny and you are lucky if you can get $10 nowadays which is not also deserving for a KYC to any participants participating.
Itsmylife

Activity: 1002
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 06:09:48 AM

Maybe they did not think that a large of cheater joined their airdrop before so they have asked KYC,. But in my opinion, you should not sell your information to get a few cents.
judeafante

Activity: 2254
Merit: 258

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 06:17:13 AM

it's an outright violation and a clear deception if they ever held an ICO people should not join their bounty campaign because of their habit of changing rules just to favor them, that's the first sign of scam and people should mark this website.

██▄     ▄▄░
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
████▀                   ▀████
████       ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▄   ████
████      ▄██████████▄▀    ████
████      ████████▀▀       ████
████  ▄▀ ▄██▀▀▀   ▄██      ████
████   ▀▀     ▄▄███▀       ████
████▄                   ▄████
▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
SECONDLIVE
CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS
|    Twitter    |  Telegram  |   Medium   |  YouTube  |   Discord   |    TikTok    |    GitHub    |
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   S T A K E   L I T T L E   W I N   B I G   
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
        ▄▄███████▄▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
   ████████████████████▄
  ███████▀▀▀█████████████
 ██████▌     ▀████████████
███████▀ ▀▀▄▄██▀▀▀█████████
██████             ▀███████
██████▄             ███████
 ███████▄▄        ▄███████
  ███████████▄▄▄▄█████████
   ▀███████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀▀
   ██████████████████████
rosezionjohn

Activity: 882
Merit: 301

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 06:22:19 AM

I would usually agree to the sentiment of the OP and to the many who agrees but there are things that even the project founders have no control and one of them is the regulations required. I cannot really blame the founders if they want to comply to avoid facing penalties which is going to be detrimental to the project.
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 07:17:49 AM

you should already know that there is no such thing as "free" in the world. so things such as "airdrop" has never been actually free even though it may look like it at first!
what they do is that they are actually "using" you to make money. you are working for them by spreading the word and freely advertising while getting some useless token they created out of thin air and they call that "Free".
these token creators want to make more money. and to do that they usually use KYC to pretend they are legitimate so that more people are fooled and invest in their token so that they can make more money. sometimes they also use KYC as an excuse to get your private information and then sell it on the dark market for more money!

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
Trollinator

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 07:29:59 AM

you should already know that there is no such thing as "free" in the world. so things such as "airdrop" has never been actually free even though it may look like it at first!
what they do is that they are actually "using" you to make money. you are working for them by spreading the word and freely advertising while getting some useless token they created out of thin air and they call that "Free".
these token creators want to make more money. and to do that they usually use KYC to pretend they are legitimate so that more people are fooled and invest in their token so that they can make more money. sometimes they also use KYC as an excuse to get your private information and then sell it on the dark market for more money!
So projects do KYC to seem like a legitimate project?! that makes little sense. Most people in bounty and airdrops are not from industrialized nations, so their KYC information is of no value to resell. Sound like "fake news". Try making a fake passport with someone from Bangladesh KYC info and see if you still dont get searched at customs. In your entire commentary you failed to even consider that dev with skills to make bot to scam airdrops is possible. Humm...
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: